C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015, 4th, TOR) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
sickening skills. He's gonna be a beauty...Dvorok is a great prospect in his own right but imo Marner makes the Knights go...

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
sickening skills. He's gonna be a beauty...Dvorok is a great prospect in his own right but imo Marner makes the Knights go...

I was just going to say...look for the people to give Dvorak praise for the pass :laugh: cause you know..........without Dvorak there is no Marner BAHAHA

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007

Can't argue with your logic there. :sarcasm:

But in all seriousness, the knights are still a good team without Marner, they're too deep, but they're a great team with him. There is no doubt he is their biggest game breaker and he obviously showed it in that highlight and shows it gamely.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Can't argue with your logic there. :sarcasm:

But in all seriousness, the knights are still a good team without Marner, they're too deep, but they're a great team with him. There is no doubt he is their biggest game breaker and he obviously showed it in that highlight and shows it gamely.

It's kind of like Domi last season. Domi was their best player but it's not like London was nothing without him.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Well, there was a good reason Marner was compared to Kane last year. Kid got moves. Love him, really hope he succeeds in the NHL.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Mitch Marner scores highlight reel goal

I thought this was too incredible not to share with the main boards

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Love the control with the skate; very Datsyuk like. Kid has been making a joke out of the OHL all year. I don't see how the Leafs could possibly leave him in London next year.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Love the control with the skate; very Datsyuk like. Kid has been making a joke out of the OHL all year. I don't see how the Leafs could possibly leave him in London next year.

Somewhat OT, but I find Datsyuk is one of those guys who you appreciate so much more when you see him live. I saw him two years ago in Florida against the Panthers, and I've never seen anybody track a puck carrier better than him. He'd back a defenseman puck carrier up almost into a corner and they'd make mistakes

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah you can definitely tell that's a minor league defense.

Temego

Mar 8, 2011
Im not familiar with all these Canadian junior leagues, but arent the players like 15yr olds or something?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's a great OHL goal, but it's clearly a minor league defense and he'd get run over trying to pull that in the NHL. Not a single one of those Niagara players attack the puck carrier, they just try and poke at the puck and follow it while he dangles through them. :laugh:

Great stick handling from Marner though, there is no doubt he has a ton of talent.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Im not familiar with all these Canadian junior leagues, but arent the players like 15yr olds or something?

The average age of an OHL team would be roughly around 18.5 years old. in fact that would be the average age of the Niagara Ice dogs. give or take .5 years depending on who played last night. didn't check the roster. The majority of the team would be Mitch Marner's age.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Let us know when he plays well against good competition, as opposed to when he sucked in the WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad