C Mathias Emilio Pettersen (2018, 167th, CGY; traded to DAL)

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
the reality is hat there are tons of kids that play up a year and even at a much higher level than u16
for this to keep on going on for years its family and freinds trolling and pimping
try get an advertising company

gorgos

Feb 16, 2010
MEP played the Zuccarello All Star game yesterday, on a line with Chris Kreider, and Kevin Hayes. :)

All fun and games ofc, but cool to see.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Internationally he'll represent the U.S. I take it ?

I haven't heard, seen, or read anything he will represent USA. He's still too young, even for a potential top 5 pick to be in either the U18 or U20 yet.

And he did play in countryman's Zuccarello's all star game (could have been invited by him).

His Dad on twitter quotes a lot of news stories concerning Norwegian international hockey, I don't think people need to be scared of Pettersen compared to someone like Sprong. If MEP did not want to represent Norway, I think he would rather play for Sweden.

gumby and pokey

Nov 20, 2013
PEI/PQ
I haven't heard, seen, or read anything he will represent USA. He's still too young, even for a potential top 5 pick to be in either the U18 or U20 yet.

And he did play in countryman's Zuccarello's all star game (could have been invited by him).

His Dad on twitter quotes a lot of news stories concerning Norwegian international hockey, I don't think people need to be scared of Pettersen compared to someone like Sprong. If MEP did not want to represent Norway, I think he would rather play for Sweden.

This whole thread is getting ridiculous. I have seen many 00's which will be better players long term. This hype train is over the top. Same with the Valeno kid. He will not be the top 00 in the Q in '18.
To this point marketing puts some of these guys to the forefront, some deservably, some not. I wouldn't be good with this hype if I was either kids parent.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This whole thread is getting ridiculous. I have seen many 00's which will be better players long term. This hype train is over the top. Same with the Valeno kid. He will not be the top 00 in the Q in '18.
To this point marketing puts some of these guys to the forefront, some deservably, some not. I wouldn't be good with this hype if I was either kids parent.

Maybe you should read again and see that I said potential. I am not expecting him to be a top 5 pick with the draft another three years away (a lot can change, he might even go higher and be hyped as a top 3 pick). But I do think the season he had and the hype, he should be considered a 1st rounder no doubt.

BUT Pete Judge, one of ISS scouts said that he thinks Emilio would absolutely be a top 5 pick after the season he produced. He said he's at the top of his age group.

Last edited:

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
Been great to follow the World Selects Invitational with live streams of most the games.
It is really a who's who of the 2018 draft with a lot of the hyped names present and a very strong field.

In the group stages our boy Pettersen won the points league with 12 points (5g 7a) in 4 games. This in spite of missing almost the entire first game after taking an elbow hit (albeit a cleaner one it seemed as MEP crouched into it).

In the quarter final today he "only" scored a goal and had an assist.

Semis and final/3rd place game tomorrow.

Homepage for tourney: http://www.legacyglobalsports.com/page/show/1934722-schedule-and-results-2015

Edit: Reading through this thread now, almost 10 years later, is insane. The chance of a high first round pick seems a very real possibility now.

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Been great to follow the World Selects Invitational with live streams of most the games.
It is really a who's who of the 2018 draft with a lot of the hyped names present and a very strong field.

In the group stages our boy Pettersen won the points league with 12 points (5g 7a) in 4 games. This in spite of missing almost the entire first game after taking an elbow hit (albeit a cleaner one it seemed as MEP crouched into it).

In the quarter final today he "only" scored a goal and had an assist.

Semis and final/3rd place game tomorrow.

Homepage for tourney: http://www.legacyglobalsports.com/page/show/1934722-schedule-and-results-2015

Edit: Reading through this thread now, almost 10 years later, is insane. The chance of a high first round pick seems a very real possibility now.

do you have a link to these streams? I don't see it

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
do you have a link to these streams? I don't see it

Click on the game score (where it says final or current result) and they should have a video box up. Right now they are showing Sweden - Finland with Wahlstrom and Wernblom for Sweden Selects. Also great prospects.

East Coast selects won their semi 7-1. 2g 2a for Pettersen

Edit: Found a direct link for you. http://m.ustream.tv/channel/une-center

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2010
its shinny hockey ....players where wearing pillows for protection
:shakehead

years of pimping....with this thread over and over...lets see when he plays in N.A. against the best of his own age group

the kid shined at US Nationals against top U16 teams and was the leading scorer at World Selects Invite which had every top 00 except Joey Veleno. He's not the best 00 but he's in the top tier.

Dec 13, 2010
Svechnikov didn't play, nor did any of the other big name Russians. I know he's considered the best of the group but having not seen him it's tough to say where he actually ranks among all skaters. I'd bet that most haven't.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008

Would be cool to hear from someone who's actually seen him play. He's been in the talk for so long. Seems he dominated U-16 in Russia as a 14 year old, and for this poster on youtube to make a video of him he must be special.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Svechnikov didn't play, nor did any of the other big name Russians. I know he's considered the best of the group but having not seen him it's tough to say where he actually ranks among all skaters. I'd bet that most haven't.

Yeah, I haven't heard that much about him since that one international tournament a year ago when he outscored Pettersen and Wahlstrom by a lot. Was curious to hear how he's progressing, he looked really good in that video above.

Dec 13, 2010
It's tough with the European prospects because the CHL ones don't come over until their draft year and there just aren't as many trusted independent scouts over there. I'll definitely say that as good as he's looked in the videos I've seen, there's not enough there for me to have him above Wilde, Samuelsson, Wise, Pettersen, Merkley, Veleno right now...

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
It's tough with the European prospects because the CHL ones don't come over until their draft year and there just aren't as many trusted independent scouts over there. I'll definitely say that as good as he's looked in the videos I've seen, there's not enough there for me to have him above Wilde, Samuelsson, Wise, Pettersen, Merkley, Veleno right now...
Samuelsson?? Would like to know more about him. You should post some info in the 2018 prospect thread. Also MEP looks like he is really getting use to na hockey and could be ready for another huge season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad