C Mathew Barzal - Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL (2015, 16th, NYI) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
5 assists today. The cant finish comments are looking to be true. Put him beside good goal scorers and he looks good, because he doesnt have to do the scoring part.

He isnt close to Marner's level as a player, but still is pretty good

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
5 assists today. The cant finish comments are looking to be true. Put him beside good goal scorers and he looks good, because he doesnt have to do the scoring part.

What is actually with these caveats lol. Trying to discredit a monster game by pretending admiration to justify negative commentary - just pathetic. The guy’s wrister, especially in tight, is insanely good. And all he’s done this game is show the league why they can’t give him any room to pass or any room to skate (although several of his assists have come on the powerplay, he has been a demon on the rush all game), which is going to open up shooting lanes for him.

And for the record, I’m a gigantic Marner fan, not to mention a Leafs fan, but what Barzal has done so far this season has emphatically shown that his ceiling can be fairly compared to Mitch’s.

Axel

Mar 19, 2013

Why are you trolling by bringing up Marner in a Barzal thread and then insulting Barzal by saying he can't finish? Anyway, Barzal seems to be gaining more confidence each game and looks like a good fit along side Eberle.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

Just can't completely compliment a player without putting a Leafs fan touch on it can ya?

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014

What a troll, Barzal has twice as many points this year. Like Marner as a creative 2-way player but always thought they were the same level of prospect.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
What a troll, Barzal has twice as many points this year. Like Marner as a creative 2-way player but always thought they were the same level of prospect.
Not arguing the troll bit.

For the sake of discussion, with what Marner has proved in junior, World Championshop, and last year (no idea what the hell is happening this year, but he IS playing very limited minutes) I think you still have to give him a very slight edge in projections. I absolutely adore Barzal, though, and think he’s one of the absolute top young guys out there ever since his draft-2, so don’t get me wrong.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think its safe to say Barzal has blossomed into one of the NHL's bright young stars this season. You just knew the points were going to come with the chances he was creating. Now the gates have opened. He's improving on a nightly basis, gaining more and more confidence. He just has to guard himself of not running out of gas, as many 1st year rookies seem to do. Long season ahead. But what a nice start to the season, and to think he was pointless despite playing well in his first 5 games to start the year.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I think its safe to say Barzal has blossomed into one of the NHL's bright young stars this season. You just knew the points were going to come with the chances he was creating. Now the gates have opened. He's improving on a nightly basis, gaining more and more confidence. He just has to guard himself of not running out of gas, as many 1st year rookies seem to do. Long season ahead. But what a nice start to the season, and to think he was pointless despite playing well in his first 5 games to start the year.
Barzal seems to have really good chemistry with Eberle. Like you said it was only matter of time he broke out as he was creating chances every game. Pp is on fire now as well with Barzal right in the middle of every goal.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He just looks great. He doesn't look like a 20yr old rookie. His puck possession in the offensive zone is in impressive. His playmaking, decision making, and vision all at high speed is amazing. Kids the real deal.

Such a stud.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Lol get outta here dude. Why do Leafs players have to be brought into every young player/prospect thread?

Barzal seems to have really good chemistry with Eberle. Like you said it was only matter of time he broke out as he was creating chances every game. Pp is on fire now as well with Barzal right in the middle of every goal.
Reminds me of the RNH+Eberle combo when RNH was a rookie before he had defensively responsible beat into him and creativity beat out of him. That combo was magic, and that was the season Eberle scored 34 goals and 76 points btw. Barzal reminds me a lot of a young RNH.

I hope this continues and it reignites Eberle. He was a very fun player to watch prior to the last 2 seasons in Edmonton.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Its scary he is already doing his thing this early in his NHL career. He has always had these types of games at every level he has played at since a kid in minor hockey up till junior... I figured his patented HIGH multi point games would take a few years to reach in the NHL , not at the beginning of his rookie season

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Spot started him last night in Fantasy because I needed an assist or two.

I think it worked out lol.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Can one ****ing thread not be about a Leafs player? Just one.

that's a silly question haha

.... I hope they start televising some NYI games here in Canada... They are becoming a fun team to watch now. I guess maybe when they do a Canadian tour they will hopefully be on

Reactions: SI90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad