C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015 Draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
lol, why do people think you need the Canadian hockey leagues to develop a pro game? College will prepare him much more for the NHL than some crummy league with teenagers.

Not just to respond to you.

I said it to myself after watching that last video - I seriously think Erie (with McDavid and teenagers) would beat Boston U, by like 4+ goals. That hockey looks a full step behind - Dmen, goaltending, positioning look 'AA' hockey-esque to me. (Not discrediting Eichel, he will be a great player)

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Cause he was drafted out of USHL... alot of odd rules for eligability of prospects of who can play where

The only players who can't play in the AHL until they're 20 are players drafted out of the CHL. Eichel would be AHL eligible next year but will likely be in the NHL. No chance he goes to the CHL at this point.

I said it to myself after watching that last video - I seriously think Erie (with McDavid and teenagers) would beat Boston U, by like 4+ goals. That hockey looks a full step behind - Dmen, goaltending, positioning look 'AA' hockey-esque to me. (Not discrediting Eichel, he will be a great player)

This is so ridiculous.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Eichel had the game winning OT goal and an assist to extend his point streak to 9 games in a 3-2 win over Maine.

Eichel is second in the nation in points but first in points per game.

Here are the goals from tonight's game for BU:

He skates like the wind. Nice goal.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013

I can't believe I just read this. Sorry everyone not all Canadians are this clueless.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com

An average D1 team would crush Erie or any other CHL team.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

:baghead:

You may want to have another chat with yourself.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012

Omg this is painful to read

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY

Ok buddy whatever you say.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Eichel had the game winning OT goal and an assist to extend his point streak to 9 games in a 3-2 win over Maine.

Eichel is second in the nation in points but first in points per game.

Here are the goals from tonight's game for BU:

That was garbage defending on Eichels goal.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
it looked like the Defencemen just said "here you go" and backed off without playing the body/puck. :laugh:

Yeah, not good defending there, they let him into the zone wayy too much. Either way that was a sick goal, Eichel's gunna be a keeper

Bps21*

I can't believe I just read this. Sorry everyone not all Canadians are this clueless.

This is why they refuse to believe anyone can be as good as mcjesus. A fundamental lack of understanding caused by a biased media.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

You have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe try watching, you know, an actual NCAA game, before making such embarrassing comments.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
If Eichel doesnt go straight to NHL next year, do people think he will leave BU and head to CHL(Saint John) to develop his pro game?

College hockey is far more competitive than the Q.

If they'd let him go to the OHL though I could see it as a small possibility.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He will be in the NHL next year, so the point is moot. I've been incredibly impressed by Eichel, he is elite in pretty much every way. His hockey IQ, hands, shot, skating, and explosiveness are all insanely good, and he obviously has very nice size too. I think he's arguably the 3rd best prospect since Crosby, after McDavid and Tavares, and honestly pretty damn close to Tavares too. I absolutely think he's going to become one of the best players in the NHL.

Re: NCAA D-I vs. the OHL, the quality of competition is clearly a lot higher in NCAA D-I. Not as many high end, future superstars as the CHL, but the average player is just as talented, AND a number of years older, which makes a huge difference. Anyone thinking the top CHL teams would beat the top NCAA D-I teams is flat out wrong.

Last edited:

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
The only comparison to D1 hockey I could make personally would be the CIS teams in Canada. The U of A bears would beat any WHL team 10/10 times. The 4th liners are usually 22 years old and would be 1st liners in junior hockey, and are quite a lot better than most of the 16 and 17 year old players. CIS and D1 are pretty comparable I believe.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
The only comparison to D1 hockey I could make personally would be the CIS teams in Canada. The U of A bears would beat any WHL team 10/10 times. The 4th liners are usually 22 years old and would be 1st liners in junior hockey, and are quite a lot better than most of the 16 and 17 year old players. CIS and D1 are pretty comparable I believe.

Comparable age wise but the D1 programs destroy the CIS every year by a considerable margin during their exhibitions. Its been almost a 90% yearly win by the D1 in the past. Obviously there are some very good CIS teams but the average D1 squad is much better.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
This is why they refuse to believe anyone can be as good as mcjesus. A fundamental lack of understanding caused by a biased media.
I'm a big fan of Eichel but McDavid is better and it's not because of biased media.

Either way an NCAA team would beat a CHL team and Eichel is crazy good

Last edited:

Karlsson2Turris*

I wish he went to the CHL so we could compare his numbers to McDavid.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Can we please not turn this into another tired CHL vs NCAA thread?

Back on topic - Eichel had 2 assists tonight in BU's victory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad