C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015 Draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbarian*

If Columbus stays in the bottom 2 spot, Imagine Eichel and RyJo as 1-2 punch

Not saying that the standings will stay the same by the end of the year but hypothethically speaking say it does, just imagine the one two punch of Eichel and RyJo in the middle for thr C-Bus. Scary just to think about it. Would it challenge for the best in the league right after Crosby and Malkin?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Not saying that the standings will stay the same by the end of the year but hypothethically speaking say it does, just imagine the one two punch of Eichel and RyJo in the middle for thr C-Bus. Scary just to think about it. Would it challenge for the best in the league right after Crosby and Malkin?

Yes.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
First time seeing Eichel in person last night and he's definitely the real deal. You take him out of BU's lineup and they are a middle to bottom of the pack Hockey East team he makes that much of a difference. His speed is ridiculous and effortless and he's much stronger on the puck then I thought he'd be. The only negative I saw is he got kicked out of a ton of draws and the ones he didn't he lost a lot of them.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Eichel had the game winning OT goal and an assist to extend his point streak to 9 games in a 3-2 win over Maine.

Eichel is second in the nation in points but first in points per game.

Here are the goals from tonight's game for BU:

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Eichel had the game winning OT goal and an assist to extend his point streak to 9 games in a 3-2 win over Maine.

Eichel is second in the nation in points but first in points per game.

Here are the goals from tonight's game for BU:

I encourage everyone who thinks it isn't close between Eichel and Mcdavid to watch this video.

Bps21*

That play looked like it was an exhibition against people two leagues below him...not a game where he was the youngest person playing...in some cases by a few YEARS.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Kid can skate. Incredible goal.

I'm a regular at BU games and he is a load of fun to watch. Great play to use the screen when one might have thought he would start setting up the PP. Good night in general, as the Bruins got a SO win after also being down 2-0 in the third.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
If Eichel doesnt go straight to NHL next year, do people think he will leave BU and head to CHL(Saint John) to develop his pro game?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hard to imagine him not in the NHL next year, but I doubt he would go to the CHL after a full year in college.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
If Eichel doesnt go straight to NHL next year, do people think he will leave BU and head to CHL(Saint John) to develop his pro game?

lol, why do people think you need the Canadian hockey leagues to develop a pro game? College will prepare him much more for the NHL than some crummy league with teenagers.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
lol, why do people think you need the Canadian hockey leagues to develop a pro game? College will prepare him much more for the NHL than some crummy league with teenagers.

hahah!!!... you're not being serious are u??!... pros and cons for both leagues.. but I am VERY pro CHL for development.. but thats just me

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
hahah!!!... you're not being serious are u??!... pros and cons for both leagues.. but I am VERY pro CHL for development.. but thats just me

Eichel would be a top 2 center for at least 10 NHL teams this year. There is no doubt he will be in the NHL next year.

BigGreenAlum

May 4, 2007
I have no doubt you are a big fan of the CHL. I am guessing you haven't seen a lot of NCAA hockey but Eichel going to the CHL would be a step back, just like everyone saying 19 yo players like Drouin, Grigorenko - the list goes on - would be wasting a year in the CHL. If for some reason he left college and was not in the NHL, he would go the AHL.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I have no doubt you are a big fan of the CHL. I am guessing you haven't seen a lot of NCAA hockey but Eichel going to the CHL would be a step back, just like everyone saying 19 yo players like Drouin, Grigorenko - the list goes on - would be wasting a year in the CHL. If for some reason he left college and was not in the NHL, he would go the AHL.

Ive seen alot of NCAA actually and and completely disagree with you about a step back.. Alot of high NHL picks(or highly touted NHL draft prospects) from NCAA either give up their NCAA scholorship and play CHL right away, or else the following year .... As for bolded statement, how do you figure he can play AHL? Its NHL, NCAA or CHL for him next year.. And I think him playing another year of NCAA next year would be a HUGE step back.... but I think he will be in NHL next year. Obviously he will be drafted to a team that is not a very good NHL team and they will need help asap.

Last edited:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
didnt mean for this to get into a NCAA vs CHL type thing. I was honestly just wondering if there was any rumors at all of him leaving Boston after this year(to CHL IF he doesnt make NHL roster) once he's been drafted. Like I said, it's happened alot in the past and I am just curious.

Also the NHL team that drafts him will want to sign him ASAP id imagine, and once he signs, then that NHL team decides his fate. Weather its sticking with that NHL team or heading to CHL(cause NCAA obviously isnt an option once signed)

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

No, not really, they're about the same for getting a player ready for the NHL

CHL is far from crummy, the majority of NHL players come from the chl

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Ive seen alot of NCAA actually and and completely disagree with you about a step back.. Alot of high NHL picks(or highly touted NHL draft prospects) from NCAA either give up their NCAA scholorship and play CHL right away, or else the following year .... As for bolded statement, how do you figure he can play AHL? Its NHL, NCAA or CHL for him next year.. And I think him playing another year of NCAA next year would be a HUGE step back.... but I think he will be in NHL next year. Obviously he will be drafted to a team that is not a very good NHL team and they will need help asap.

Why couldn't he go to AHL?? Zemgus Girgensons did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad