C Jack Eichel (2015, 2nd, BUF) IV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
What I really liked about that play is Jack used the defender as a screen yet still managed to get a well placed shot even though he was not in a best position to shoot it. That takes skill

Actually I think the shot hit the defenders shin and took a strange bounce.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Actually I think the shot hit the defenders shin and took a strange bounce.

It did. Bounced off the knee, off the ice and then back up knee high when it crossed the line.

Getting to the spot to get the shot at all was impressive. Ovie esque spin move and burst to get separation going 1 v 2.

He actually had a more impressive sequence early in the game where he had a great back check, got the puck and had a nice chance going 1 v 3.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Beginning to sense a pattern after the 1st period tonight in which Buffalo was dominated but with Eichel playing well at both ends of the ice. When the rest of the team is off Eichel seems to really excel and make great plays at both ends of the ice. But when the team is playing well Jack seems to get a bit overwhelmed and rush the play too much.

So he stands out like a shining star when everyone else is looking like doo doo?

Playing what if's I wonder how Eichel would look if Arizona had the second overall pick. Eichel, Domi, Duclair would have been something interesting to watch.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Imagine Eichel and Mcdavid together!

Won't we see them together at that ridiculous fake cup tournament thing with the U23 team? It would be pretty funny if they got put on a line together (with Eichel on the wing, most likely, though I think it's more likely each will get his own line) and had amazing chemistry or something.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Won't we see them together at that ridiculous fake cup tournament thing with the U23 team? It would be pretty funny if they got put on a line together (with Eichel on the wing, most likely, though I think it's more likely each will get his own line) and had amazing chemistry or something.

And Drouin on the other wing

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com

Yeah I'm not too fired up about that just beacuse its a fake tourny and nobody really goes all out in ASG.

Its unlikely we'll never see it but two players of that calibre playing together would surely be fun to watch.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
wow Rick sounds terrible

He doesn't have it anymore. His voice already lost a lot of power in recent years but the cancer recovery really exacerbated it. Unfortunately his turns of phrase aren't sharp like they used to be, either. "Yikel, Jack Eichel" is hated by pretty much everyone I know. Confuses jersey numbers a lot as well. It's a shame as he's a legend and HHOFer.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
He doesn't have it anymore. His voice already lost a lot of power in recent years but the cancer recovery really exacerbated it. Unfortunately his turns of phrase aren't sharp like they used to be, either. "Yikel, Jack Eichel" is hated by pretty much everyone I know. Confuses jersey numbers a lot as well. It's a shame as he's a legend and HHOFer.

I'm good with Yikel. The idea that it's even critiqued is silly and only in the age of the Internet.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'm good with Yikel. The idea that it's even critiqued is silly and only in the age of the Internet.

Public houses predate the internet by a few years. I assure you critiques take place there as they have. Your sentence is a bit non-sequitor. Whether you're good with the call or not has nothing to do with people being able to express their opinions on the internet.

Last edited:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
So he stands out like a shining star when everyone else is looking like doo doo?

Playing what if's I wonder how Eichel would look if Arizona had the second overall pick. Eichel, Domi, Duclair would have been something interesting to watch.

I wonder that every time I watch the sabres play, :cry: He's so damn entertaining though I can't stop watching him.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He's also winning a lot of face offs the last several games. It's something young guys struggle with but he's been over 50% lately.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
maybe all Eichel needed was for the whole McDavid vs Eichel thing to go away and he could start playing a little looser

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
maybe all Eichel needed was for the whole McDavid vs Eichel thing to go away and he could start playing a little looser

He needed for the team to stop shooting a league low 6% shooting percentage.

He's made a dozen better passes that guys didn't score on than these routine plays.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario

I mean, he has made a million better passes than those 2. He is playing very well today, but not like he is playing way better than normal.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

He needed the team stop shooting at an abysmal %. He's created a lot of chances far more dangerous-looking than the 2 he got points on so far today. His luck is just starting to normalize now, that's all.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
You guys have seen more games than me for sure, so I would yield to your opinion, but the games I saw Eichel was trying a bit too hard and was disappearing for long stretches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad