C Jack Eichel (2015, 2nd, BUF) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
He had 2 shifts with Reinhart and Moulson at the end of the second period after his 2nd assist. The whole game he was with Larson and McGinn. I'm also watching the game and he is a beast.

If eichel is a beast then o reiley and Ennis is a monster.

Sorry lol the entire game was played Buffaloes zone, hard to notice them.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

My opinion is that Eichel is a beast, i don't care what you think of it.

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
Then he's gotta work with what he's got. Complaining about linemates is not an excuse.

Its getting more and more obvious that you have some sort of beef with Eichel.

You were the one saying that Eichel has some quality wingers this game and when proven wrong you got defensive.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011

Whoever you think is a good player sucks. Burn, snap. Haha haha lol at you.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Eichel has made one or two small mistakes so far, but overall he's had a great game. He's been creating scoring chances, keeping possession, winning faceoffs, checking, PKing (I think?), etc. No idea what this guy's problem with him is.

One small thing I love about Eichel is his poise and posture/skating. You can always pick him out on the ice by the unique way he's holding himself.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Good game by him. 2 assists poised with the puck but a couple of turn overs by him, "toe drag" move. Good game by him.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Eichel has made one or two small mistakes so far, but overall he's had a great game. He's been creating scoring chances, keeping possession, winning faceoffs, checking, PKing (I think?), etc. No idea what this guy's problem with him is.

One small thing I love about Eichel is his poise and posture/skating. You can always pick him out on the ice by the unique way he's holding himself.

My problem is really the users overrating him at this point. He is good but the eichel supporters not even sabres fans are making it out to make him sound better then he actually is. Unlike his counter part , and you know who I am talking about , he is actually their best player on his team. Eichel is not the best player on his team, tonight I don't see that but he was good tonight. Did a lot of things well. Poised big, he has a great acceleration, reminds me of getzlaf at times when defending the puck.

Great game, not a beast though , didn't notice him in the 3rd.

But good game by him none the less.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
My problem is really the users overrating him at this point. He is good but the eichel supporters not even sabres fans are making it out to make him sound better then he actually is. Unlike his counter part , and you know who I am talking about , he is actually their best player on his team. Eichel is not the best player on his team, tonight I don't see that but he was good tonight. Did a lot of things well. Poised big, he has a great acceleration, reminds me of getzlaf at times when defending the puck.

You really like to reach....there's another thread you should spend your time. Kk

It hurts sometimes I know.

Last edited:

armyjoe

Nov 15, 2010

well better just ignore

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
There is one player on the Sabres that is better than Eichel right now and that is O'Rielly. And funny enough, it's exactly what O'Rielly was bought here to be for Jack. Shelter.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Eichel has been the most dangerous Sabre all season with the puck.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
After so many beautiful setups and missed tap-ins by teammates, funny that he finally gets his first helper on a play in which he's not really the primary catalyst.

I've seen a lot of posts like these over the past year; it's usually a form of plausible deniability where you can nitpick a player for post after post before saying "No, look! I gave him credit."

It's okay if you don't like him.

L13

Oct 1, 2015

I think 'beast' is a perfectly appropriate term to describe Eichel's style of play, which is dominant, powerful and deadly. You clearly disagree, which is your right, and have expressed your disagreement multiple times. I think we all get it. I don't think, however, that anyone's going to stop using that word.

And if you're going out of your way to avoid typing Connor McDavid's name, you surely realise how unnecessary it is to bring him up...? I could respond to the comparative part of your comment, but that would only encourage you to take the comparison further and that would be a shame.

Let's not derail this thread with silly objections to the words people use to express their admiration of Eichel or pointless discussions of a completely unrelated player.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think 'beast' is a perfectly appropriate term to describe Eichel's style of play, which is dominant, powerful and deadly. You clearly disagree, which is your right, and have expressed your disagreement multiple times. I think we all get it. I don't think, however, that anyone's going to stop using that word.

And if you're going out of your way to avoid typing Connor McDavid's name, you surely realise how unnecessary it is to bring him up...? I could respond to the comparative part of your comment, but that would only encourage you to take the comparison further and that would be a shame.

Let's not derail this thread with silly objections to the words people use to express their admiration of Eichel or pointless discussions of a completely unrelated player.

ironically stuff like this always happens, McDavid, Virtannen, (they often bring Ehlers into it) McCann threads. Just gotta let it be. He was good, but not great, how you can disagree with that , is actually again beyond me, after today's game. There were other sabres more dangerous then him tonight, and just speaking the truth. Anyways, I'm out, I don't think I will have a chance to watch him again, until the sabres visit Rogers arena.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Then he's gotta work with what he's got. Complaining about linemates is not an excuse. Jared McCann has almost as much points as eichel with half his ice time and playing with Derek Dorset. We ain't complaining.

So i take it u wouldn't trade mccann for eichel?

Nov 1, 2011
Eichel looked great today, first time getting to really watch him and he was fantastic.

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
Teammates finally made something happen with a some of his passes and he got a couple of assists. Overall a good game, good on draws today, created some nice chances, although he had a couple of turnovers. The whole team's passing was sloppier than usual, however.

Edit: Regarding the conversation about the best player, that would be ROR. Eichel more dynamic offensively, but ROR is obviously a more complete player right now. No shame about that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I thought he made two mistakes with the puck in the second half of the game but was strong defensively early and of course was finally rewarded with some assists.

sah braise

Dec 24, 2014
Actually think he had a couple chances to get a goal along with his two assists today

But he was clearly looking for the apples which is fine because he looks just as good doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA