C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Amen to this. Pretty everyone said that the 17 draft was so poor. Hard to think that everyone was so wrong about it.
I feel like people nowadays call every draft weak just because it doesn't have Connor McDavid in it.

As far as I remember, 2017 draft was called weak on the elite talent available but there were still some great prospects to be picked later in the first round/later rounds. Fair to say, people got it wrong even with the "no elite talent" since Hischier is on a 60+ points pace and has solid two way game on top of that.

Reactions: Iceman and maaran

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I feel like people nowadays call every draft weak just because it doesn't have Connor McDavid in it.

As far as I remember, 2017 draft was called weak on the elite talent available but there were still some great prospects to be picked later in the first round/later rounds. Fair to say, people got it wrong even with the "no elite talent" since Hischier is on a 60+ points pace and has solid two way game on top of that.
agree with that, beyond the top 5 last draft felt very normal to me. If Nolan/Liljegren had the draft years that were expected of them I think the whole draft narrative would have changed

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Just one point? Disappointing.

Too early to say disappointing but yeah only one assist in his last two games. Something to keep a eye on but WAY too early to hit the panic button

cc

Feb 28, 2002
He got 2 assists in last 2 games. Were too spoiled now, calling PPG disappointing? Lol
because of his crazy output recently, I can understand how his point per game pace can be regarded as a mini-slump.
Personally, I expect him to slow down even more as I can see him running out of gas down the stretch.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
he's now tied for 1st place in points in the Swedish elite league as a 18 year old. I ain't mad.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Too early to say disappointing but yeah only one assist in his last two games. Something to keep a eye on but WAY too early to hit the panic button

LoL, maybe if this was the ohl and not the shl. Not sure if your being sarcastic.

A near point per game pace by nylander was thought of as incredible in the shl, its a very difficult league for teenagers. Someone like zibanejad had 13 points in 26 games.

He is not going to get 3 points every night. Be very happy with a point per game.

It was a 2-1 game for what its worth.

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
LOL at even starting with "too early to say dissappointing but" he leads the SHL in scoring as an 18-year old and he is the first to do so in god knows how long this many games in, after he "only" scores one assist two games in a row. For the record he also hit the crossbar.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
LOL at even starting with "too early to say dissappointing but" he leads the SHL in scoring as an 18-year old and he is the first to do so in god knows how long this many games in, after he "only" scores one assist two games in a row. For the record he also hit the crossbar.

On HFboards, if you aren't scoring at a 2 PPG pace, you will be considered a bust.
:sarcasm:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
A primary assist in the second period so far. That's 30 points in 23 SEL games.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Yepp, 2 Primary Assist..

This kid will definitely be the Canucks 1C for the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad