C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Of course the dream is dead. No points and league lead lost. When it rain it pours.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
recently he said he was closer to 170, i think 167?

Regardless hes GOT to hit the gym before next year and add on a bunch a weight. Still too skinny but once he gets to that weight WATCH out. Some said he had the most talent in the 2017 draft i cant wait to find out :nod:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
He looked impressive when on the ice today, they lost 2 - 1 but Brynäs was too fast. The difference between he and Boqvist is night and day, one relies all on speed and deception where Pettersson seemed to play a power skill game who slows the game down crossing the blueline.

Reactions: Zombotron

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Yes thats a good example you dont need to be dominant in wjc to succed in nhl

Many very good players who play as 18 yr olds in the World Juniors don't produce. Boeser's only WJC was as an 18 year old. Petterson playing and not producing as an 18 year old in that tournament isn't surprising or concerning at all.

What Petterson is doing this season in the SHL is just mind blowing and historic. And even if he does disappoint in the WJC's, if he continues at the pace he is scoring at, he's still going to be considered one of the best players not currently playing in the NHL.

I do hope that the Canucks don't try to pack on the weight with him though, even though he is slight, I'd rather see them let him develop more naturally. If he plays smart, he won't need to be much more than 180 lbs.

Reactions: maaran

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
It feels so great to be a Canucks fan right now with Boeser lighting up the NHL and the best is yet to come with Pettersson waiting in the wings.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
He looked impressive when on the ice today, they lost 2 - 1 but Brynäs was too fast. The difference between he and Boqvist is night and day, one relies all on speed and deception where Pettersson seemed to play a power skill game who slows the game down crossing the blueline.
God I would love for the Canucks to snag Boqvist

maaran

Apr 17, 2017
Canada
Believe he's referring to Jesper Boqvist, the NJ 2017 2nd rounder. Unless he is talking about Adam, in which case he's not really a good comparison because of the difference in position.
Think he is talking about Adam because he references Brynas, the team that he plays for and the team that Pettersson most recently played.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Knee (likely some type of ligamentous). Never made it back after something like 7 minutes of ice time.
Listed as ‘day to day’.

Is that his 2nd injury this year (possibly both being knee injuries)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad