C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
So he's now at 2.67 ppg? Guessing he'll land closer to 2.5 than 3 by years end, though I wouldn't be shocked to see him fall slightly below. That kind of pace is so tough to keep up, regardless of the league you play in.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
^ Oh look, another Eichel fan with an agenda. *yawn*

Connor has proven you wrong at every turn and will continue to do so.

I actually kinda agree with him, that pace is extremely hard to keep up with, the entire leauge is sending out their best checkers top dmans after him, when he's out there, its 5 man fortress surrounding the net, only way I see him keeping up that pace is if they put Strome and McDavid together on a permanent basis.

Beaunett

Dec 29, 2014
North
I actually kinda agree with him, that pace is extremely hard to keep up with, the entire leauge is sending out their best checkers top dmans after him, when he's out there, its 5 man fortress surrounding the net, only way I see him keeping up that pace is if they put Strome and McDavid together on a permanent basis.

He still makes the league's top defenseman look out of play.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
That goal happened so fast it boggles my mind

I still can't comprehend it. Its like everyone else on the rink is playing in slow motion. My god do I want this guy on the Devils. Unfortunately Cory Schneider is too good of a goalie to let us have that bad of a record. I'll setlle for Marner or Strome though without hesitation.

Beaunett

Dec 29, 2014
North
I still can't comprehend it. Its like everyone else on the rink is playing in slow motion. My god do I want this guy on the Devils. Unfortunately Cory Schneider is too good of a goalie to let us have that bad of a record. I'll setlle for Marner or Strome though without hesitation.

"Can we go to McDavid's." Everyone wants McDavid.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
^ Oh look, another Eichel fan with an agenda. *yawn*

Connor has proven you wrong at every turn and will continue to do so.

What are you talking about? I've been one of his biggest supporters since the get go. Check my post history. I was super bummed when he went down with that injury, kid had chance to have a very special season.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
What are you talking about? I've been one of his biggest supporters since the get go. Check my post history. I was super bummed when he went down with that injury, kid had chance to have a very special season.

Must be the flag :naughty:

Some people on here thinks he will have a Crosby-like scoring pace after the WJC. Crosby's ppg was over 3 in that period which was way higher than his 1st half. If he does it, well that would be something but very unlikely.

Beaunett

Dec 29, 2014
North

Sure have a weird way of supporting players. You were all over him during the WJC saying weak competitions = weak tournament.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sure have a weird way of supporting players. You were all over him during the WJC saying weak competitions = weak tournament.

I can't really understand what you are saying, but yes I was critical of his WJC play. He didn't dominate play the way I had hoped (yes, he scored a lot of points, but he wasn't very effective against better defensive opponents). But I've been a notable advocate of him for over 2 years.

That said, what he's done in the OHL speaks for itself, and I'm very excited to see what he can do at the next level.

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
It's insane how McDavid is changing the future of National Hockey League franchises. Teams are willing to rebuild if it means that they have a chance at Connor. I'm pumped for the draft.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It's insane how McDavid is changing the future of National Hockey League franchises. Teams are willing to rebuild if it means that they have a chance at Connor. I'm pumped for the draft.

also whoever drafts him, has a good chance to even fast track rebuild and make the playoffs very quickly. kinda like what PIttsburgh did, draft crosby, made some signings the next 2 summers, and they were back in.

it's too bad the draw is behind closed doors. I find that extremely suspicious. I have a feeling, they might try to gut Edmonton's chance and rather see Mcdavid in a struggling market.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Do you have a source for this? I don't think serious franchise decisions are made at the off chance of getting a potential generational player. At least I'd hope not.

Vanqu1sh

Feb 28, 2013
Edmonton
The lottery is rigged. Doesn't make sense for it not to be. Why not control these precious assets, send them to struggling markets or big markets or whatever, to maximize revenue/save franchise etc. The NHL is big business, why leave this type of stuff up to chance. With them changing the lottery to the top 3 picks following this year, it provides even more control.

Changed the draft odds for this year, a non bottom-3 team wins the lottery: "it's the revised draft odds!".

No way it isn't rigged.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
If EDM finishes last, they probably won't get McDavid, Bettman will rather have an American market have the superstar to sell tickets because tickets are going to sell regardless in Edmonton. Something like Phoenix would be amazing for him, trying to get as much money as the league can possibly get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad