C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Does anyone know what the hell is wrong with the prospect section here taking up so much space, have to scroll all the way to see posts and info

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
He looks very similar to Crosby when he's cruising through the neutral zone. He bends his knees and holds the puck farther from his body than most. I agree with the Drouin comparison when it comes to his hands. In the offensive zone, I think an amped up version of Jason Spezza. When he can't find an open shot or pass sometimes he'll just skate around in the zone with the puck for 6, 7, 8 seconds at a time. He also loves to work behind the net more than any prospect in recent memory. Can't really think of any current player that does this quite like him. His speed is truly incredible. When he cranks it up there's no one that'll catch him. It's like another gear or something.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
I think the Spezza comparison is pretty good, except McDavid is like literally 3x as quick as Spezza. I think his body type will be the reason that he turns into a better NHL player than Crosby, if he does. Longer, bigger strides, bigger reach, etc.

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
Canadian Tire has signed a deal with Connor McDavid for McDavid to serve as a Canadian Tire athlete partner and Jumpstart Ambassador (joining the likes of Jonathan Toews and Hayley Wickenheiser). Press release here.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He looks very similar to Crosby when he's cruising through the neutral zone. He bends his knees and holds the puck farther from his body than most. I agree with the Drouin comparison when it comes to his hands. In the offensive zone, I think an amped up version of Jason Spezza. When he can't find an open shot or pass sometimes he'll just skate around in the zone with the puck for 6, 7, 8 seconds at a time. He also loves to work behind the net more than any prospect in recent memory. Can't really think of any current player that does this quite like him. His speed is truly incredible. When he cranks it up there's no one that'll catch him. It's like another gear or something.

Never would've thought of that, but it's a good comparison.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
McDavid's cast has been removed and he's been cleared for non-contact practice. Groulx will speak with McDavid and doctors today to discuss a timeline going forward.
McDavid, who hasn't played since breaking a bone in his right hand on Nov. 12, had his cast removed this week and is cleared for non-contact practice. But Canadian head coach Benoit Groulx said it's still too early to know what to expect from the star player.

"We're going to talk with Connor tomorrow and obviously it's great news for us to have him on the ice to skate," Groulx said Wednesday in a phone interview. "We're going to discuss with him how he feels and he's going to be monitored by the doctor.

"Obviously it's going to be a day-to-day evaluation. We'll start from there and see how it goes."

Groulx plans to meet with team brass and doctors on Wednesday night and Thursday to discuss McDavid's potential timeline.
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/st...d-mark-ahead-world-junior-220243872--nhl.html

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Awesome that his cast is off and he's cleared for non-contact practice. Just over 2 weeks to get truly recovered before the WJCs start, seems like a doable timeline. He could even miss our first two group games (vs. Slovakia and Germany on the 26th and 27th), and be back for the tougher ones (vs. Finland and the US on the 29th and 31st). It seems pretty likely that he'll be playing at the WJCs, hopefully in a truly healthy state.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Awesome that his cast is off and he's cleared for non-contact practice. Just over 2 weeks to get truly recovered before the WJCs start, seems like a doable timeline. He could even miss our first two group games (vs. Slovakia and Germany on the 26th and 27th), and be back for the tougher ones (vs. Finland and the US on the 29th and 31st). It seems pretty likely that he'll be playing at the WJCs, hopefully in a truly healthy state.

There is no doubt he will be 100% healthy by the 26th, heck he is basically already at 100%, just isn't fully cleared for contact. He said his hand has no pain, his wrist isn't too stiff at all. He is actually already taking full slap shots.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I think the Spezza comparison is pretty good, except McDavid is like literally 3x as quick as Spezza. I think his body type will be the reason that he turns into a better NHL player than Crosby, if he does. Longer, bigger strides, bigger reach, etc.

Lol ok, I don't think you know what the word 'literally' means.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
It's at the point where you almost have to say "literally literally" so that people know that you actually mean the definition of the word and are using it properly...

I don't mean to be a grammar Nazi here but there's a word if you don't mean something in a literal sense. It's called 'figuratively'

In this case I was deliberately misusing it for hyperbolic effect. ;)

Ah, it almost worked lol

HOLDITHERE*

I don't mean to be a grammar Nazi here but there's a word if you don't mean something in a literal sense. It's called 'figuratively'

Ah, it almost worked lol

His point was that people throw "literally" around when it's actually figuratively. It's getting to a point where one must say "It's literally literally gold." Just to emphasize that literally actually means literally, and not figuratively.

Got it? Everyone good now? :laugh:

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
It's like Russian roulette. Which talented player will the Oilers ruin next?!

I know the Oilers suck balls but which prospect have they ruined besides Yakupov?

Hall is one of the best offensive wingers in the game. Nuge is going up against the top dmen and holding his own and has been improving his 2 way game every year. Eberle has way over performed for a 22nd overall pick. Nurse is still in the OHL. Draisaitl it's way to early to say. So beside Yakupov who else has been ruined?

Last edited:

hockeyGod

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
I know the Oilers suck balls but which prospect have they ruined besides Yakupov?

Hall is one of the best offensive wingers in the game. Nuge is going up against the top dmen and holding his own and has been improving his 2 way game every year. Eberle has way over performed for a 22nd overall pick. Nurse is still in the OHL. Draisaitl it's way to early to say. So beside Yakupov who else has been ruined?

Shultz? And pretty much every other prospect they've drafted. Or that could be chalked up as piss poor drafting. Thing is, every player they've developed has regressed in their early 20's, something just ain't right. Or their scouting blows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA