C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Wow. I would love to see those goals, to see if he had a few snipes.

First one was a snipe. Second one was his usual blow past the dman and out last the goalie. Third one he again out waited the goalie. Forth one was a lucky one off the dmans stick on a partial break away. Fifth one was on a 2 on 0 where he put the puck in the net by going though his own legs.

Last edited:

Shwaguy*

there are 14 teams saying "we really need this guy"

Well, I don't think LA or Boston "Really need this guy" In the same way the Bottom 5 does.

The really unfair one would be if Columbus gets him. They'd be way too good. And I don't want McDavid becoming injury prone either

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Whatever team wins the lotto, one fanbase really is getting an amazing player. I think some teams could probably use that kind of miracle luck more than others, but leaving it up to luck is fine.

Will be a fun career to watch.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Damn, that first goal was like a vintage Semin wrister. If that becomes a regular part of his game, you might as well just shut down the NHL.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Damn, that first goal was like a vintage Semin wrister. If that becomes a regular part of his game, you might as well just shut down the NHL.

He needs to take a page from Crosbys book in 2009-2010 and shoot more. I really think the only facet of his game that isn't at the pinnacle of elite is his one timer, he needs a Stamkos, Ovechkin, Yakupov, Hall etc one timer to literally do everything at an elite level.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I really like the physical (puck carrying) comparison to Malkin, and the cerebral comparison to Crosby. This guy is so damn dangerous and one could imagine if he filled out some pounds and mastered his shot...

lawrence

May 19, 2012
deadlier goal scorer then Sidney Crosby. Mcdavid's got crazy sniping capabilities it's nuts. He made London Knights (one of the best teams in the CHL) look like a peewee team tonight, @!@#$ sakes.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Great game by the Mcgifted one last night. I do hope he's available to play in the WHC on May 1 though, it would make for an interesting comparison, McDavid at 18 years 3 months making his WHC debut, compared to Sid at 18 years 9 months making his WHC debut, leading the tournament in scoring and winning best forward award.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Great game by the Mcgifted one last night. I do hope he's available to play in the WHC on May 1 though, it would make for an interesting comparison, McDavid at 18 years 3 months making his WHC debut, compared to Sid at 18 years 9 months making his WHC debut, leading the tournament in scoring and winning best forward award.

It wouldn't really be a fair comparison since Crosby already had an NHL season under his belt by that point.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
It wouldn't really be a fair comparison since Crosby already had an NHL season under his belt by that point.

granted, not a fair comparison, but an interesting one nonetheless. I'd start him off on PP and see how he looks and If he works himself into a Top 6 role, plays 14 minutes per game and produces any offense, I'd say well done, lad! well done indeed. I certainly don't think he has to come close to Sid's production at his WHC debut.

Macman

May 15, 2004
granted, not a fair comparison, but an interesting one nonetheless. I'd start him off on PP and see how he looks and If he works himself into a Top 6 role, plays 14 minutes per game and produces any offense, I'd say well done, lad! well done indeed. I certainly don't think he has to come close to Sid's production at his WHC debut.

I'd love to see him on big ice again too. His acceleration is exceptional. I'm also curious to see how he'd do against men for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille