C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If I were Connor I'd be getting worried about the possibility of getting drafted by the Oilers. I can't imagine he'd actual do it, but if the Oilers get the #1 pick it would be wise of him to pull a Lindros and refuse to play there.

He's been quoted as saying that he doesn't believe in that philosophy. He would never do it.

Keke

Dec 6, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Didn't McDavid just told the media about how he didn't like players "choosing" their teams (N.Roy, Fabbro although he seems to take the NCAA route)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If I were Connor I'd be getting worried about the possibility of getting drafted by the Oilers. I can't imagine he'd actual do it, but if the Oilers get the #1 pick it would be wise of him to pull a Lindros and refuse to play there.

There's not a team in the league he'd do that to.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
People should stop joking about Edmonton and McDavid.

It's going to happen and then it will be a long dark decade for every other team.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
People should stop joking about Edmonton and McDavid.

It's going to happen and then it will be a long dark decade for every other team.

Just remember that even if the Oilers finish last their draft lottery odds of securing the first overall pick is 20%

Would you put money on your bold prediction that "its going to happen"?

What the Oilers need is to get Noah Hanifin.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Oilers do suck. but Buffalo fans "We suck more". Canes fans, "all of our star players are injured and we suck anyways".

Everyone's saying Carolina will be there at the bottom but I'm not ready to say that yet.

Their goaltending has been horrible but it should rebound.

Skinner and E. Staal will return soon.

They're not a good team, but they're not horrible either.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
First off, McDavid is a much better player at his age than Yakupov, Hall and RNH.

Second, Edmonton isnt winning now for the same reason they werent winning before -- defense, depth, strenght down the middle

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
First off, McDavid is a much better player at his age than Yakupov, Hall and RNH.

Second, Edmonton isnt winning now for the same reason they werent winning before -- defense, depth, strenght down the middle

None of their forwards has any idea how to play a lick of defense and McDavid doesn't change that. This isn't the 80's where you can out score an inept defense.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
None of their forwards has any idea how to play a lick of defense and McDavid doesn't change that. This isn't the 80's where you can out score an inept defense.

Most star forwards dont know how to play D. The teams have just done a marvelous job surrounding them with players that can play good D. Oilers just thought they can tank their way to a Cup and that was wrong.

You think Patrick Kane knows how to play defense?

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Can't remember who said it earlier.... but he could honestly go the entire season scoring a point in EVERY game (ok, well, maybe ONE pointless game). Dang.:yo:

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Can't remember who said it earlier.... but he could honestly go the entire season scoring a point in EVERY game (ok, well, maybe ONE pointless game). Dang.:yo:
I got crap for saying he won't go a game without scoring atleast one point.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
If he plays a full season, he'll certainly go pointless in multiple games. It's been 8 games so far, not 50.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
If he plays a full season, he'll certainly go pointless in multiple games. It's been 8 games so far, not 50.

Definitely, but he should also have a few 4/5 point nights, which would cancel out his pointless games.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
This kid is going to make hockey pun headline writers so happy. McDavid gets a McDouble! (2g) McDavid gets a McDouble-Double! (2g2a) Just add Mc to anything, the possibilities are endless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad