C Bo Horvat (2013, 9th overall, Vancouver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehkonen4Calder

Feb 24, 2015
This guy has really became overrated:laugh: best case scenario, he become a Jordan staal type player but i think he will top out at a 35-40 point third liner:nod:

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
The Bergeron comparisons were always silly. I think he will reach a Fisher / Legwand level which is still quite good.

Haters gon' hate.

Horvat is playing with Dorsett and he's an anchor for advanced statistics. If you think he'll only reach Fisher/Legwand level you've got another thing coming.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Haters gon' hate.

Horvat is playing with Dorsett and he's an anchor for advanced statistics. If you think he'll only reach Fisher/Legwand level you've got another thing coming.

You make it sound like Fisher and Legwand are muffins :P

That being said I think their games are pretty similar, Horvat and Fisher (younger Fisher). Lets not forget that Fisher also came out of the OHL and he had bigger numbers than Horvat even. Horvat came out of the gates with slightly higher PPG than Fisher though but I don't see what there isn't to like or compare.

Both guys are tenacious, good shot and good speed. Good work ethic. Fisher has had a pretty decent career as a 2/3 centerman and I can imagine Horvat in that same mould.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
You make it sound like Fisher and Legwand are muffins :P

That being said I think their games are pretty similar, Horvat and Fisher (younger Fisher). Lets not forget that Fisher also came out of the OHL and he had bigger numbers than Horvat even. Horvat came out of the gates with slightly higher PPG than Fisher though but I don't see what there isn't to like or compare.

Both guys are tenacious, good shot and good speed. Good work ethic. Fisher has had a pretty decent career as a 2/3 centerman and I can imagine Horvat in that same mould.

I wouldn't be mad, but I think there is more to the kid.

HabsDieHard*

Haters gon' hate.

If Horvat could be as good as Fisher the Nucks would be very fortunate to have him for yeras to come. Same with Legwand. Both are guys who in their prime absolutely could have been a quality centerman on a cup contender.

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
As a Canuck fan I can say I wish people would stop hyping the kid up. He is quickly on route to being the most overrated propect on here. I get being excited but lets just quiet down a little and just appreciate his good play right now.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
This guy has really became overrated:laugh: best case scenario, he become a Jordan staal type player but i think he will top out at a 35-40 point third liner:nod:

Ha, Horvat is a ~30 point even strength player in his rookie year on the Canucks 4th line. So you're suggesting that Horvat with better linemates, more PP time in his prime can't score 10 more points than he has now? Ridiculous post that reeks of lack of exposure of the player. You probably watched him play a few games in the WJC and assume that you already know what type of player he'll develop into, you wouldn't be the first person to do that.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
On one hand there's a lot of Canuck fans being embarrassing with the over hype in here, on the other hand setting Bo's ceiling as a Fisher is pretty ridiculous considering he looks better than Kesler from his rookie year already.

How about we get excited about what he does in the now, and watch it play out. Bo will be Bo

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
People should stop using the word "hater" to describe posters who aren't high on Horvat.

It makes me cringe every single time I see it and it makes you sound ridiculous.

Lehkonen4Calder

Feb 24, 2015
Ha, Horvat is a ~30 point even strength player in his rookie year on the Canucks 4th line. So you're suggesting that Horvat with better linemates, more PP time in his prime can't score 10 more points than he has now? Ridiculous post that reeks of lack of exposure of the player. You probably watched him play a few games in the WJC and assume that you already know what type of player he'll develop into, you wouldn't be the first person to do that.

look at his sh% you really think it will stay the same and you can use all pace you want lets just see with how many point he finish this year:nod: or even strenght point if you like more:handclap:

jdatb

Apr 29, 2014
look at his sh% you really think it will stay the same and you can use all pace you want lets just see with how many point he finish this year:nod: or even strenght point if you like more:handclap:

Oh right. You keep looking at his shooting %. The rest of us who actually watch him play will discuss his potential.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
People should stop using the word "hater" to describe posters who aren't high on Horvat.

It makes me cringe every single time I see it and it makes you sound ridiculous.

Linden = #hatergator

confirmed hater of the Horvats :P

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Who CARES about the Calder, Stamkos Tavares Hall Seguin Backstrom Malkin Tarasenko + etc etc never won the Calder. Its one of the most meaningless trophies in the league.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
If you look at the recent calder winners , Mason, Myers, Skinner,Landeskog Huberdeau Mackinnon, maybe besides Mackinnon but they have all been passed by the other finalists/rookies.

Ryan>Mason. Duchene>Myers. Couture>Skinner. Nuge>Landeskog. Saad>Huberdeau. And that is only factoring in the Finalists, non of the other rookies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I almost feel like the more Horvat does, the less need there is to post in this thread because what's so amazing about him is that I've already practically moved on from thinking of him as a rookie. He's simply a very important part of the Canucks. He just does his thing every game.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
If Horvat could be as good as Fisher the Nucks would be very fortunate to have him for yeras to come. Same with Legwand. Both are guys who in their prime absolutely could have been a quality centerman on a cup contender.

Canuck fans were happy with Horvat through the first half of the season where after missing the first 10 games with a pre-season injury he was given the 4th line center role and was played very cautiously, while learning the NHL game.

Now Canuck fans are excited about Horvat because after playing it nice and safe through the first 30 games he's only gotten stronger (quite literally too, the guy has gained weight as the seasons gone on), and over the last 20 games he's put up around 15 points and effectively made himself the teams 3rd line. Of course you have to be careful getting too excited over a guy on a hot streak, but it's been 20 games now and Horvat's been consistent throughout.

Now Mike Fisher is a quality player but he didn't really start hitting his stride until he was 21/22, Horvat looks to be doing that at 19. Nothing wrong if Horvat tops out at Mike Fisher's level but with how he's playing now that looks like the conservative projection.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

I don't even think any Canucks fans are "down" on Horvat.

Just a lot of people saying "hey, let's slow down here, hold our horses" are being labelled as haters. I also am very encouraged by what Horvat has done. But because I think we shouldn't be hyping him to the moon as '94 Linden incarnate, I am also a hater.

Slow down people. Let's just continue watching his progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino