C Aleksi Saarela - Lukko, Liiga (2015, 89th, NYR; traded to CAR, traded to CHI, traded to FLA)

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
The Oat Giant of Laitila. Oh hell he was ad thick as they come in sports. As wide as tall. A ****ing square. :laugh:

With a lot of players you see them take a really hard shot and wonder "where did that come from". You'd never wonder about that with "Pahi", you could see where that power was generated.

Great that he taught Aleksi to shoot from really early on. I heard the younger brother (Antti) might even be better.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
This kid is a true fighter with a big heart. Never gives up. I believe it was an article by Urheilulehti 2-3 years ago that compared his character to M. Koivu's. Doesn't seem like a bad comparison to me, from what I've seen.

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
This kid is a true fighter with a big heart. Never gives up. I believe it was an article by Urheilulehti 2-3 years ago that compared his character to M. Koivu's. Doesn't seem like a bad comparison to me, from what I've seen.

Not a bad comparison, definitely showed a lot of heart and mental resilience in this tournament. A lot of times he was the first one showing that "we can still do this" attitude when the team was down. He's also got some of that Lehterä-like cheekiness and panache in there that allows him to do the unexpected(eg. his goal against Canada). Great character, possible captain for next years WJC?

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Could be a solid bottom-6er.

NYR might as well keep trading away all their first round picks if they're gonna keep picking some nice looking prospects in the third round.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Pretty crazy that Laine, Puljujarvi, Aho, Saarela, that good defenseman and probably more key guys I'm forgetting can all come back to the World Juniors next year.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
He left today's game early after a collision. Any updates?

After a local newspaper declared earlier today that Saarela's season is probably over, his team has now denied this and they are saying that he is in fact day-to-day and will possibly play on Wednesday. Good for him :handclap:

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
It isn't working (Virhe ladattaessa mainoksia. Virhe voi johtua mainonnan esto-ohjelmasta tai mahdollisesta häiriöstä tietoliikenteessä.).

Turn off adblocker.

There is a way to link straight to the video (I've seen others do it), but I just don't know how to get the URL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad