C Adam Gaudette - Northeastern University, NCAA (2015, 149th, VAN)

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
so what if he plays with Dylan Sikura? why not Dylan Sikura is racking up the points because of Gaudette?

That seems more likely actually considering Gaudette put up more points in his freshman year than Sikura put up in his sophomore year.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Point is most people thought he played with Sikura AND Reese. Both who have more points than Gaudette so it's fair to wonder how much of Gaudettes production comes from the result of playing with 2 guys that are out producing him and top 10 in scoring.

Understanding that he just plays with Sikura most of the time makes his point totals more impressive.

The point difference is negligible, they are basically all have similar production. Besides Reese is 2 years older and Sikura is 1 year older.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
The point difference is negligible, they are basically all have similar production. Besides Reese is 2 years older and Sikura is 1 year older.

but it has nothing to do with Gaudette right? hfboads.com auto pilot mode when it comes to Canucks prospect

Any prospect that is producing has nothing to do with himself, and its the line mates that are feeding him the points.

Sprinkle it "i've seen him play a few times, and he's not that good"
Cough cough"Whiskeyyourdevil" the dude has enough time to watch OHL WHL NCAA and the NHL on a regular basis.

One thing I noticed is that Guadettes stats is closing in on Sikura . At one point it he was 9 points behind him, he now at 5 points behind him.

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Gaudette's a beast. He is definetely a driver on his line. No matter what others say he has some nice potential could be a future 2/3 line center imo.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
As a Northeastern alum and fan, I can tell you that the best players on the team in order, are:

1 Aston-Reese, 2 Gaudette, 3 Sikura

Gaudette plays a complete 200-foot game and creates many of the opportunities for Sikura, including perfectly setting up Sikura's hat trick goal vs. UMass-Lowell last week beating two defenders down the ice and sending a perfect backhand pass onto the tape.

He's a fantastic player and the fact that he leads all underclassmen in production says something.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
As a Northeastern alum and fan, I can tell you that the best players on the team in order, are:

Gaudette plays a complete 200-foot game and creates many of the opportunities for Sikura, including perfectly setting up Sikura's hat trick goal vs. UMass-Lowell last week beating two defenders down the ice and sending a perfect backhand pass onto the tape.

He's a fantastic player and the fact that he leads all underclassmen in production says something.
Wondering your opinion on Jeremy Davies, does he have any pro potential?

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
keller is the best player in the NCAA? Idk about, just judging by his numbers
i could be wrong tho

What Keller is doing in the NCAA right now is pretty impressive in my opinion. Arguably the best, and undoubtedly one of the best right now.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Hmm...isn't Aston-Reese a UFA after this season?....Benning should try to sign them both.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hmm...isn't Aston-Reese a UFA after this season?....Benning should try to sign them both.

Thats what ive been saying too. Gaudette should convince him like Boeser did with Stecher

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
but it has nothing to do with Gaudette right? hfboads.com auto pilot mode when it comes to Canucks prospect

Any prospect that is producing has nothing to do with himself, and its the line mates that are feeding him the points.

Sprinkle it "i've seen him play a few times, and he's not that good"
Cough cough"Whiskeyyourdevil" the dude has enough time to watch OHL WHL NCAA and the NHL on a regular basis.

One thing I noticed is that Guadettes stats is closing in on Sikura . At one point it he was 9 points behind him, he now at 5 points behind him.

Wow you really have a thing for me, I'm flattered. You act like it's hard to watch hockey these days . . .

Where were you when I was defending Will Lockwood? Or when I was consistently ranking Horvat over Lazar (back when people thought it was close).

You're just mad that I was right about Virtanen and Boeser being overrated. Oh and Crouse as well, but I guess he doesn't count because he's not a Canucks prospect.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Wow you really have a thing for me, I'm flattered. You act like it's hard to watch hockey these days . . .

Where were you when I was defending Will Lockwood? Or when I was consistently ranking Horvat over Lazar (back when people thought it was close).

You're just mad that I was right about Virtanen and Boeser being overrated. Oh and Crouse as well, but I guess he doesn't count because he's not a Canucks prospect.

Ignore that guy he follows and trolls too many people on this forum. I disagree that Boeser is overrated but i guess time will tell. And yes Virtanen will bust

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
Gaudette sniped two goals in a 6-4 loss to UMass-Lowell.
Although Sikura assisted on his first goal, I'm pretty sure Gaudette played most of his game on a different line than both Sikura and Aston-Reese.

Gaudette continues to rip up the NCAA. He's scored at a 2 points-per-game rate since the beginning of December.

Here's an updated list of drafted NCAA players PPG over the past 5 years and Gaudette has been moving steadily upwards since the start of the season.

Year Name Yr PPG
14 Gaudreau jr 2
16 Connor fr 1.87
17 Sikura jr 1.7
16 Compher jr 1.66
14 Hayes sr 1.62
17 Gaudette so 1.58
15 Vesey jr 1.57
17 Keller fr 1.53
16 Motte jr 1.47
13 Gaudreau so 1.46
15 Hyman sr 1.46
17 Bjork jr 1.46
16 Boeser fr 1.43
16 Vesey sr 1.39
13 Haula jr 1.38
14 Kerdiles so 1.36
15 Larkin fr 1.34
16 Guentzel jr 1.31

There are some pretty good names on that list and the fact he's one of the younger guys, bodes well for his future.

Last edited:

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
Gaudette sniped two goals in a 6-4 loss to UMass-Lowell.
Although Sikura assisted on his first goal, I'm pretty sure Gaudette played most of his game on a different line than both Sikura and Aston-Reese.

Gaudette continues to rip up the NCAA. He's scored at a 2 points-per-game rate since the beginning of December.

Here's an updated list of drafted NCAA players PPG over the past 5 years and Gaudette has been moving steadily upwards since the start of the season.

Year Name Yr PPG
14 Gaudreau jr 2
16 Connor fr 1.87
17 Sikura jr 1.7
16 Compher jr 1.66
14 Kerdiles so 1.63
14 Hayes sr 1.62
17 Gaudette so 1.58
15 Vesey jr 1.57
17 Keller fr 1.53
16 Motte jr 1.47
13 Gaudreau so 1.46
15 Hyman sr 1.46
17 Bjork jr 1.46
16 Boeser fr 1.43
16 Vesey sr 1.39
13 Haula jr 1.38
15 Larkin fr 1.34
16 Guentzel jr 1.31

There are some pretty good names on that list and the fact he's one of the younger guys, bodes well for his future.

Kerdiles had 38pts in 28 games in his sophmore year. That's a ppg of 1.35. Not sure where the 1.63ppg comes from.

I only bring this up because I was just looking at comparable sophmore players and as far as I can tell Gaudette is having one of the best seasons ever for a sophmore player.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Kerdiles had 38pts in 28 games in his sophmore year. That's a ppg of 1.35. Not sure where the 1.63ppg comes from.

I only bring this up because I was just looking at comparable sophmore players and as far as I can tell Gaudette is having one of the best seasons ever for a sophmore player.

I just dont understand how a guy can be called a "reach" in the 5th round then have such a excellent rookie ncaa season followed by a even higher than expectations sophomore season. I think hes almost our top prospect (3)

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Any Nucks fans wanting to get a live look at him should tune in to TSN2 tomorrow at 5 eastern time.

Northeastern wlll be playing Harvard in game one of the Beanpot.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
We will see how he works out after a year or two in the AHL. Same with Boeser.

this true. It's nice to see a couple of their prospects doing well, (Boeser is struggling a little) but the real journey starts when they hit pro. Demko himself was a beast last year, but so far is having his downs (struggles) and at times very good.

didn't Adam Gaudette once said the team he hates the most was Vancouver one time? lol

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Any Nucks fans wanting to get a live look at him should tune in to TSN2 tomorrow at 5 eastern time.

Northeastern wlll be playing Harvard in game one of the Beanpot.

Cool thanks! Wouldnt miss it for the world :)

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Just got his 18th and 19th goals against Harvard tonight. Looked really good out there. I could be wrong but the guy looks bigger than 180lbs too.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Northeastern loses 4-3 to Harvard.

Gaudette had 2 goals. One was a tap in on the PP and the other came with goalie pulled late, it was an insane goal mouth scramble that I think could've been credited to any of the 6 guys in the ice but Gaudette got credit.

Overall I tought Gaudette looked quite good. He has some serious grit to his game and really does everything well. Good skater, good shot, nice hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad