C Adam Gaudette - Northeastern University, NCAA (2015, 149th, VAN)

sanitysrequiem

Nov 14, 2009
Would it be fair to say that stylistically he plays a combination of Ryan Kesler and Patrice Bergeron's game? He has a slighter frame than those guys currently but I think can bulk up to their weight in a few years.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Would it be fair to say that stylistically he plays a combination of Ryan Kesler and Patrice Bergeron's game? He has a slighter frame than those guys currently but I think can bulk up to their weight in a few years.

Just so long as the Canuck trainers and nutritionists stay well away from him... or whoever's job it was to "bulk up" Virtanen and Juolevi. Both those guys turned into chunky chunkersons who got gassed just stepping on the ice. Virtanen seems to have fixed himself, but apparently fitness is something that Juolevi is going to have to work hard on over the off season.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Gaudette played his first game last night against the Oilers. He looked bigger and faster than I thought he would. Played 10 mins on the 4th line, looked nervous at first, but got better as the game went on. Had a few nice rushes and showed signs of promise. Pretty good debut, I'd expect him to play more minutes and get a few points by the time the season ends.

On a side note, that roster the Canucks had last night was probably the worst that an NHL team has iced this year, and still made the Oilers look brutal. I don't know how they are going to fix that mess over there, but I am really hoping they can turn it around.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Lot of comparisons saying Kesler-lite. So basically, middle 6 C with tenacity in all 3 zones is what that tells me, no matter the incredibly insane things brought up by one poster in particular

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Lot of comparisons saying Kesler-lite. So basically, middle 6 C with tenacity in all 3 zones is what that tells me, no matter the incredibly insane things brought up by one poster in particular

It started by I don’t know which media dude from vancouver with the Kessler comparison. They both played college both have a very good shooting ability both shoot right and both American, size wise he’s closer to Bergeron who is 6’1 190 gaidette being 185, his aesthetics look more like Alex burrows.

Played fairly well. Almost had a tap in goal, but he was playing wiTh gaunce, who is inept offensively. Hope to see him play up the line up.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Just so long as the Canuck trainers and nutritionists stay well away from him... or whoever's job it was to "bulk up" Virtanen and Juolevi. Both those guys turned into chunky chunkersons who got gassed just stepping on the ice. Virtanen seems to have fixed himself, but apparently fitness is something that Juolevi is going to have to work hard on over the off season.
I agree with the trainers part, but Juolevis going to be fine.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Hobey Baker winner. Personally thought Borgstrom should've won but all three were close and Gaudette certainly earned this himself. Congratulations to him, and hopefully the Canucks get an effective NHLer in Gaudette.

Last edited:
Reactions: monsieurthibz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad