Confirmed with Link: Bye Marc Methot.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Dallas gives a 2020 2nd and a goalie prospect named Ferguson?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not a very good return for the Knights, surely we could have beaten that. McPhee did have Dorian by the balls though. Tells me there is a plan for UFA/trade.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
What a bunch of ****ing ******** Vegas are.

A 2nd round pick waaaayyy down the road and a goalie Dallas just took in the 7th round.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Wait, they only got a mediocre goalie prospect and a 2nd round pick in 2020 in return?

What the F was Dorion doing before the draft?

Either that or Vegas just wanted to screw us over.

This is bad.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Wait, they only got a mediocre goalie prospect and a 2nd round pick in 2020 in return?

Either that or Vegas just wanted to crew us over.

This is bad.

Yeah, no problem giving up a prospect MUCH better than a 2020 2nd for a glorified 4th liner on a team loaded with them, but Vegas' ask after the Exp. Draft of a 2nd plus 7th as where he drew the line.

Vegas would have wanted to maximise their asset after the expansion draft, McPhee's power was gone the second he took Methot from the Sens. From that point on there are bidders, running Ottawa out doesn't make any sense, Dorian just never had an offer that beat Dallas'. If they did he'd be a Sen.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I don't know how you guys can be mad at Dorion in this situation. He resisted paying an absurd price (2018 1st+) before the expansion draft for a guy that there clearly wasn't much market for once you account for his NTC.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Dallas gives a 2020 2nd and a goalie prospect named Ferguson?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Yeah that first round draft pick ransom stuff was ********.

What a bunch of ****ing ******** Vegas are.

A 2nd round pick waaaayyy down the road and a goalie Dallas just took in the 7th round.

Either that or Vegas just wanted to screw us over.

This is bad.

Dorion needs to be ****ing ****canned.

Dorion still gets an A+.

😂😂😂😂😂

GM of the year contender :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::help:
Relax guys. Management can do absolutely no wrong and we'll have to blindly agree with their decisions.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I don't know how you guys can be mad at Dorion in this situation. He resisted paying an absurd price (2018 1st+) before the expansion draft for a guy that there clearly wasn't much market for once you account for his NTC.

I'll need proof of that price, because I honestly don't see why Vegas would ask for so much from us only to ship him to Dallas for scraps. Like, why would they intentionally screw Ottawa over?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Relax guys. Management can do absolutely no wrong and we'll have to blindly agree with their decisions.

If the budget is actually 68M as quoted by Melnyk in the past and similar to what our CapFriendly page showed at the start of last year, assuming Phaneuf is untradeable, who do you move out to make the room to acquire Methot for a 2nd? Hoffman? Stone? Turris?

Just curious.

If Dorion had the salary space for Methot and didn't give up a 2020 2nd for him, he's crazy. But I find that hard to believe, especially since he randomly started shopping Phaneuf this week after losing Methot with us not having a real veteran top 4 replacement.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Before expansion it makes sense, McPhee had Dorian by the balls. He could try to extort a higher price. As soon as the expansion draft was over his power was gone.

What would Vegas accept?

2020 2nd + 7th round goalie. (Dallas)

2020 2nd + 2019 3rd + 2017 6th (that they could have used to draft Ferguson, the prospect they traded for) (Ottawa)

It would make no sense not to accept the Ottawa offer, McPhee gains nothing from snubbing the Sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad