Burrows for Dahlen Part 2 | Rage and Anger Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why? Price looked average last night. Hell, he always looks average against Ottawa.

Didnt look very average to me, he outplayed Anderson last night. My point is Burrows is an agitator lets see some agitation, if he is in prices grill there team will react. It has a domino effect, that team is so reliant on Price they are mentally weak without him.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
I think in general. The recent turn of events has altered their opinion.

I mean. The feeling of some has gone from. "What that's so expensive" to "he will help now fine". To "burrows can actually still play". To "burrows > vanek".

If burrows was playing the exact way he is now but for the Habs. There wouldnt be any of that.

Personally. He looks lost playing in our top 9. He mostly looks invisible. And if he's not playing dirty and getting under guys skin. Immnot sure what he's for. But he isn't scoring. Or at least he scored. I hope in the playoffs we see the old burrows. But apparently that burrows was just someone the media made up.

Great. This illuminates how one doesn't know
Hockey much and not knowing how to scout and assess a player.

Hockey isn't just agitation,
Scoring and..... that's it?

And you'll never see what Burrows does to annoy the team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Great. This illuminates how one doesn't know
Hockey much and not knowing how to scout and assess a player.

Hockey isn't just agitation,
Scoring and..... that's it?

And you'll never see what Burrows does to annoy the team.

Jeeeez I meant to say he IS scoring. Damn phhhoooooonee

Lmao. I love when someone defends a player so blindly. Any attributes you claim they should have the answer is always "oh that's all hockey is?!"

Oh I hope burrows is able to provide a well rounded game and if gen doesn't I'll be dissapointed.

"Oh that's all hockey is?! A well rounded game?! He does other things you'll NEVER see".

Yeah dude. I want some Off. Help and some agitation from him? Is that unreasonable. I'm taking offensive help so can't complain there. Although we don't play the avalanche 10 more times so I don't know if he will keep that up. And yeah man. Sound defensive play. I realize that is part of hockey. But guys that offer sound defensive play almost exclusively shouldnt cost as much as we paid. So. Leads me back to offensive help aaaand agitation.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I expected more, especially against MTL. I wanted him to be the counter to Gallagher. But he was invisible. Did he even get a shot on net?

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I have been disappointed with his play since the team got back from Colorado. I don't expect him to produce much offense, but I don't see him doing much grinding or agitating or crease crashing. I'm hoping for more down the stretch.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
K. That's something I guess. I didn't even notice those shots. I was really hoping he would be a pest for Price and get him off his game. Didn't happen. Which is one of the reasons we lost.

Yes. It's something in the truest sense of the word.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Despite some finger biting when a glove gets forced in your mouth and some hair pulling in a fight with keith, Burrows really isn't the type of agitator that consistently plays right on the line like Marchand. You aren't going to get a steady diet of sneaky elbows or stick in the ribs from Burrows. Occassionally like almost all NHL players he'll make a bad play that is discipline worthy (4 fines and 1 suspension I think in 14 years of something). What you get is talk and he will say he does that much less than he used to because he wasn't proud of how in the past he went over the line.

He is a reliable defensive winger who can step up to more elevated role on a part time basis but don't expect constant under the opponents skin agitation. At least outside the playoffs. I have a feeling in playoff time you'll get a more consistently irritating version of Burrows.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Despite some finger biting when a glove gets forced in your mouth and some hair pulling in a fight with keith, Burrows really isn't the type of agitator that consistently plays right on the line like Marchand. You aren't going to get a steady diet of sneaky elbows or stick in the ribs from Burrows. Occassionally like almost all NHL players he'll make a bad play that is discipline worthy (4 fines and 1 suspension I think in 14 years of something). What you get is talk and he will say he does that much less than he used to because he wasn't proud of how in the past he went over the line.

He is a reliable defensive winger who can step up to more elevated role on a part time basis but don't expect constant under the opponents skin agitation. At least outside the playoffs. I have a feeling in playoff time you'll get a more consistently irritating version of Burrows.

That's dissapointing to me. I wanted that guy you laid out in the first paragraph.
Reliable defensive wingers are dime a dozen. I'll reserve total judgement until the POs. If he helps us beat the leafs I will buy his jersey

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
That's dissapointing to me. I wanted that guy you laid out in the first paragraph.
Reliable defensive wingers are dime a dozen. I'll reserve total judgement until the POs. If he helps us beat the leafs I will buy his jersey

Especially after paying a good payment for the trade and the 2.5M for the next 2 years.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

This is not what I wanted to hear.... Not as he came advertised either.

Yup I couldnt agree more, thats why I thought he was brought in. A real agitator, someone that will mix it up and pull the boys into the fight if they dont look like they have it ie Sunday.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
This is not what I wanted to hear.... Not as he came advertised either.

Understood...but keep in mind his history with officials. I'm not just saying this because I like the player and am a canuck fan...I don't typically have an us against the world outlook. But Burrows gets so many non-sensical calls made against him that I think he has also been forced to pull back his game. No doubt some of it is earned but since he accused the ref of retaliation there has been an abundance of simply bizarre calls.

Yup I couldnt agree more, thats why I thought he was brought in. A real agitator, someone that will mix it up and pull the boys into the fight if they dont look like they have it ie Sunday.

Again in the playoffs I think you'll see that. That's when it will be somewhat permissable for him to get back closer to that line. In the regular season I'm not sure he can do that without hurting the team with short handed situations. He just doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. There are no coincidental calls when he's involved. He gets the extra 2 whether he did anything or not. He's literally gotten penalties for just arriving to a scrum and standing there.

I hope that will change with the Sens. He's a great guy off the ice, hard worker and leader. No doubt he has done some stuff and likely said some stuff but I also believe people change and he has done that. He's not Matt Cooke.

I also don't think that was really why he was brought in. He was brought in because the bottom 6 wasn't very good and even through these last couple of more lean years he has been a pretty good possession driver. Not as good as Hansen has been but good. If I'm not mistaken. Anyways I wish Burr and Sens the best. Sens are one of the 3 teams I follow (Canucks and Panthers the others).

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Last 4 games, Burrows has been Ottawa's worst forward and worst skater besides Borowiecki. Really doesn't look like he can keep up with the pace of NHL hockey.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Sorry guys, if you thought the deal was good after he scored 2 goals in his first game, you can't change your mind again.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
According to Dorion, was brought in to play in the top 6. As a top 6 forward he's definitely been disappointing.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
When the deal was done .... I penciled him in to the 4th Line... to the shegrin of some on the lineup thread. I never imagined top 6. I do not recall Dorion saying he was brought in to be a top 6 forward. I am surprised to see this. I still maintain I like the acquisition , but think we paid too much. In a small sample... we have no idea if he's playing banged up. He did have more energy the first couple of games.

I think he is still a good bottom 6er.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad