Burrows for Dahlen Part 2 | Rage and Anger Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Although not a critique of the trade, I do question the veracity of PD's claim that one of the team leaders tried to hug him after learning about the trade for Burrows. That strike anyone else as an odd thing to say?

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Good gawd now the 4th line building continues Viktor Stalberg for a 3rd round pick. Will the Dorion madness never end!!!!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Although not a critique of the trade, I do question the veracity of PD's claim that one of the team leaders tried to hug him after learning about the trade for Burrows. That strike anyone else as an odd thing to say?

Gionta cried in Therrien's arms... anything is possible I guess :laugh:

Prattalot

Jan 11, 2009
Winnipeg

The players want to win and adding Burrows to the team does improve our chances. They don't care about long term success so dealing a prospect means little to them as they likely won't be around when someone like Dahlen makes it to Ottawa.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
The overreaction in that previous thread .. jeebus... people are such drama queens on this board. That said it sucks that we gave Dahlen for Burrows. Maybe he wasnt as highly thought of in the Sens brass as with the rest of us. Was looking forward to follow Dahlen's progression. It isnt the end of the world though.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
I can see where you don't want to give away any of your big three prospects but dahlen for burrows?

The only issue that comes to mind is when being interviewed doiron mentioned it's great to be able to add someone with the character of burrows.

Now did he mean crappy character? Because let's face it a guy with this reputation as a diver and biter has no character.

I honestly don't know what this brings to your line up and especially with a two year extension

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The players want to win and adding Burrows to the team does improve our chances. They don't care about long term success so dealing a prospect means little to them as they likely won't be around when someone like Dahlen makes it to Ottawa.

Unh huh, I understand. But one of the team leaders embraced him when told of the trade? Really?

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
The way you can think of it too is Dahlen + 3rd has got us Burrows + Stalberg... looking at it that way I feel even better; 2 players who have never even worn Sens jerseys - happy.

Prattalot

Jan 11, 2009
Winnipeg
I voted for...but we won't know how this trade turned out for years. We've complained all season about the bottom 6 so at least now we have different bodies to complain about. Still think they need to resolve the powerplay though.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
The way you can think of it too is Dahlen + 3rd has got us Burrows + Stalberg... looking at it that way I feel even better; 2 players who have never even worn Sens jerseys - happy.

I prefer to looked at it as Dahlen + 3rd + Yashin got us Burrows + Stalberg + Spezza + Chara + Muckalt

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
- I don't mind trading Dahlen to improve the team for the playoff run.
- I don't mind trading for Burrows to improve the team for the playoff run.
- I do mind trading Dahlen for Burrows to improve the team for the playoff run.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

During intermission when they showed the vid of him saying that he smirked and did a little chuckle

Pretty sure it was said in jest...

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
During intermission when they showed the vid of him saying that he smirked and did a little chuckle

Pretty sure it was said in jest...

I think at least one I saw was filmed before the game as he was pretty proud of himself stating the team had planned a parade in his and the trades honour....when they cut to him in the pressbox he looked a little less thrilled, the look of a guy thinking he made an awesome trade only to check his twitter mentions and texts from renewals staff and panicking.

How is this poll even close right now...did all the 5-10 people in Ottawa who liked it already way in....have people not researched the countless absolutely gutless things Burrows has done and said on the ice? I feel like many don't know about the homophobia and laughing at child abuse stuff, figured that would be a huge no no in our current society. For me the player himself is the biggest issue here....sure the cost sucks but to me it is a double loss. Personally I will always be a fan of the Sens but would never cheer for that guy nor encourage my kids to either.

Last edited:

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
The overreaction in that previous thread .. jeebus... people are such drama queens on this board. That said it sucks that we gave Dahlen for Burrows. Maybe he wasnt as highly thought of in the Sens brass as with the rest of us. Was looking forward to follow Dahlen's progression. It isnt the end of the world though.

I just don't see the point of the trade. We have plenty of crashers and bangers and very physical players

Neil
Smith
Methot
Phaneuf
Wingels
Lazar
Boro

6 of the 7 guys could be considered to be veteran players who play with an edge and can be nasty and physical.

I just don't understand why they had to give up a 2nd round pick for him. People are right, we don't know what Dahlen will be in this league...but doesn't it make more sense for them to use his draft pick status (2nd rounder) and potential as a part of a package for a much more impact player? It just seems like poor asset management by Dorion.

But what's done is done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad