Burrows for Dahlen Part 2 | Rage and Anger Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think at least one I saw was filmed before the game as he was pretty proud of himself stating the team had planned a parade in his and the trades honour....when they cut to him in the pressbox he looked a little less thrilled, the look of a guy thinking he made an awesome trade only to check his twitter mentions and texts from renewals staff and panicking.

How is this poll even close right now...did all the 5-10 people in Ottawa who liked it already way in....have people not researched the countless absolutely gutless things Burrows has done and said on the ice? I feel like many don't know about the homophobia and laughing at child abuse stuff, figured that would be a huge no no in our current society. For me the player himself is the biggest issue here....sure the cost sucks but to me it is a double loss. Personally I will always be a fan of the Sens but would never cheer for that guy nor encourage my kids to either.

It would be nice if those who dislike the trade could try and be a little more gracious towards those of us who like it.

Try and understand that no matter how over-the-top-mind-blown you are that some people could even conceive to even be only mildly dissatisfied with this trade, let alone like it, that most of you come across as though throwing a child's tantrum to those of us who do. To sides of the same coin, consider this: what if it's actually YOU who is over reacting??? ;)

The idea that the board might actually be a more positive experience if all of you who promised to never come back actually stuck to your words, is being lost as those who are outraged by the trading of a mid tier prospect try to insult, mock, diminish, and generally drown out those who have the gall to disagree with their most correct opinion.

Good trade, happy to have a player like Burrows in the line up as we match towards the Playoffs. Maybe Dahlen makes the NHL in a few years, he does have some nice Tier 2 highlights though. I like Van so good luck to them :)

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I think at least one I saw was filmed before the game as he was pretty proud of himself stating the team had planned a parade in his and the trades honour....when they cut to him in the pressbox he looked a little less thrilled, the look of a guy thinking he made an awesome trade only to check his twitter mentions and texts from renewals staff and panicking.

How is this poll even close right now...did all the 5-10 people in Ottawa who liked it already way in....have people not researched the countless absolutely gutless things Burrows has done and said on the ice? I feel like many don't know about the homophobia and laughing at child abuse stuff, figured that would be a huge no no in our current society. For me the player himself is the biggest issue here....sure the cost sucks but to me it is a double loss. Personally I will always be a fan of the Sens but would never cheer for that guy nor encourage my kids to either.

I get where your coming from but most players have quite the mouth that would never fly in the general society.

We can't refuse trades based on trash talking..

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Approve getting Burrows

Disapprove trading Dahlen to do it.

also Disapprove with 2 year extension but... its not the end of the world for sure

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm over It. I am a burrows fan now. I hope he becomes a 20 goal guy again and dahlen has a good but bit too good NHL career. I still am counting down the days until Dorion is fired though and a new management team is brought in

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
It seems funny to me that so many who like the Borrows trade identify themselves as being in BC. Maybe you think you know him better or maybe the Sens are a 2nd team for you and you like a little bit of your #1 team on this one. If any one thing of what he is supposed to have said, done or laughed at are true I wouldn't touch the guy with a 10 foot pole. I didn't like getting him in the 1st place but reading those things is a stomach churner. Character guy my foot what has Dorion been sniffing!!!!!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It seems funny to me that so many who like the Borrows trade identify themselves as being in BC. If any one thing of what he is supposed to have said, done or laughed at are true I wouldn't touch the guy with a 10 foot pole. I didn't like getting him in the 1st place but reading those things is a stomach churner. Character guy my foot what has Dorion been sniffing!!!!!

I like dirty plyers buuuut

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He will still be on his canucks contract when the draft takes place. Yes he will need to be protected as it has a nmc. Not sure why guys are saying he doesnt.

No only full no moves need to be protected. From my understand. Burrows is not on that.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It seems funny to me that so many who like the Borrows trade identify themselves as being in BC. Maybe you think you know him better or maybe the Sens are a 2nd team for you and you like a little bit of your #1 team on this one. If any one thing of what he is supposed to have said, done or laughed at are true I wouldn't touch the guy with a 10 foot pole. I didn't like getting him in the 1st place but reading those things is a stomach churner. Character guy my foot what has Dorion been sniffing!!!!!

This post is pure trash, sorry but it is, and I wouldn't want anyone reading it and thinking it's true. This is just another example of muddying the waters and slandering the opinions of those who disagree with you. I get it, the sad posters just can't seem to deal with the fact that other Sens fans are made happy by news that has seemingly devastated them.

Vancouver fans have come in congratulating us and telling that we will love Burrows like they did, other than that I have been pretty much the only Sens fan who has identified as living in BC. The Sens are not just my #1 team, but my only team. Having said that, I end up watching a lot more 'Nucks games than most on here given that it's the local team. Burrows is well loved here and is a good player.

Take a breath, stop trying to confirm your bias and take a look back on what EVERY SINGLE CANUCKS POSTER has said in here. That should make you feel a little better, and given that, you know, they're talking about their team, and one of their 12 year players, perhaps they know what they're talking about.

I mean look at it this way, you and other's seem to think they know what they're talking about, and concretely mind you, about our overseas prospects who have yet to sniff the NHL, let alone team vets, so perhaps other team fans have the same level of knowledge and understanding bout their players as you do. That thought should make you sleep a little easier when considering Burrows as a player on our team. You could of course also just wait and see, but hey, why do that when the internet is here for the freakout!

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Take a breath, stop trying to confirm your bias and take a look back on what EVERY SINGLE CANUCKS POSTER has said in here. That should make you feel a little better, and given that, you know, they're talking about their team, and one of their 12 year players, perhaps they know what their talking about.

Unfortunately we didn't trade for the legacy of Alex Burrows, but Alex Burrows v.2017 himself.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
It would be nice if those who dislike the trade could try and be a little more gracious towards those of us who like it.

Try and understand that no matter how over-the-top-mind-blown you are that some people could even conceive to even be only mildly dissatisfied with this trade, let alone like it, that most of you come across as though throwing a child's tantrum to those of us who do. To sides of the same coin, consider this: what if it's actually YOU who is over reacting??? ;)

The idea that the board might actually be a more positive experience if all of you who promised to never come back actually stuck to your words, is being lost as those who are outraged by the trading of a mid tier prospect try to insult, mock, diminish, and generally drown out those who have the gall to disagree with their most correct opinion.

Good trade, happy to have a player like Burrows in the line up as we match towards the Playoffs. Maybe Dahlen makes the NHL in a few years, he does have some nice Tier 2 highlights though. I like Van so good luck to them :)

I should have stayed off this board yesterday, nothing but total hysteria. Some better posts today, like this one, thanks.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Dahlen = Petersson. He isn't even that well regarded. 5th best prospect doesnt get much.

Just beacause he is behind our big prospects doesnt deter from his value. He isnt a 5th best prospect on a lot of teams, probably much higher

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Poll needs an in-between option. I like adding Burrows to the team but not so much at the cost of Dahlen.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
He will still be on his canucks contract when the draft takes place. Yes he will need to be protected as it has a nmc. Not sure why guys are saying he doesnt.

SHUT. THE. FRONT. DOOR.

In the meantime I'm looking for memes with people whose hair has caught fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad