Burrows for Dahlen Part 2 | Rage and Anger Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Indont know if I'm on board with the "you'll love him" from Canucks fans. Some have said he's good in the community and really if we gave up Chris neil some of you would be going over there and saying "oh great guy amazin addition for the cup run". Not that I don't appreciate the Canucks guys coming over and saying ther piece. I do. But I that doesn't mean I accept the "Vancouver fans saying good things about him you must be an iiiiiiiidiot for not liking the trade" argument.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Indont know if I'm on board with the "you'll love him" from Canucks fans. Some have said he's good in the community and really if we gave up Chris neil some of you would be going over there and saying "oh great guy amazin addition for the cup run". Not that I don't appreciate the Canucks guys coming over and saying ther piece. I do. But I that doesn't mean I accept the "Vancouver fans saying good things about him you must be an iiiiiiiidiot for not liking the trade" argument.

Would you rather them come over and say he is a garbage player that should be flipping burgers at Mcdonalds instead of playing hockey?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I don't think anyone would really say that anymore. We just got these players because guys like Neil are kinda done at this point.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Burrows won't be playing on the 4th line. He will be in the top six until Ryan returns and then he will be a 3rd liner. Stalberg will be the guy on the fourth line when Ryan returns.

Even though I think Dorion is an absolute idiot for thinking/saying it. If he feels he gave up dahlen for a top 6 forward then I have absolutely zero issue with his mindset. Unfortunately I think he's wrong

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I have no preference. They say what they say. I can still not like the trade though.

I am fine with Burrows, not fine with what we gave up.

It is what it is though.

Hopefully we can pick up another Dahlen type of player in this draft. Well that is if we even keep the remaining draft picks we have left for this year. :laugh:

I have seen many people give praise to Ottawas drafting. So we have that going for us.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
This is a great thread. I enjoy it when people who have barely watched Burrows and don't know him or anything about him, tell other people who have barely watched burrows and don't know him or anything about him that he is good/bad. Both hockey wise and personality wise.

I know nothing but I don't like giving up Dhalen, mostly because I'm sad I can't call him Dhale like the way Pitbull yells it on every track.

I hope Burrows is good for us and I will wait and see.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site

You seem to be reaching for any straw you can here. Maybe, just maybe they think he will be a loss. Loosen up, your conspiracy theories are not clever.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Is this the start of a more extensive list

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
This is a great thread. I enjoy it when people who have barely watched Burrows and don't know him or anything about him, tell other people who have barely watched burrows and don't know him or anything about him that he is good/bad. Both hockey wise and personality wise.

I know nothing but I don't like giving up Dhalen, mostly because I'm sad I can't call him Dhale like the way Pitbull yells it on every track.

I hope Burrows is good for us and I will wait and see.

But he's 35 years old!!!!! That mean's he's automatically bad.

:sarcasm:

fyi: Alfie was 34 during his epic '07 cup run. Not directly comparing, but just saying...

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
It would be nice if those who dislike the trade could try and be a little more gracious towards those of us who like it.

Try and understand that no matter how over-the-top-mind-blown you are that some people could even conceive to even be only mildly dissatisfied with this trade, let alone like it, that most of you come across as though throwing a child's tantrum to those of us who do. To sides of the same coin, consider this: what if it's actually YOU who is over reacting??? ;)

The idea that the board might actually be a more positive experience if all of you who promised to never come back actually stuck to your words, is being lost as those who are outraged by the trading of a mid tier prospect try to insult, mock, diminish, and generally drown out those who have the gall to disagree with their most correct opinion.

Good trade, happy to have a player like Burrows in the line up as we match towards the Playoffs. Maybe Dahlen makes the NHL in a few years, he does have some nice Tier 2 highlights though. I like Van so good luck to them :)

Prior to the trade he was pretty much my most hated player in the league. I always try and consider both sides of an opinion...the players character has spoken for itself over and over again and it's something I cannot look past, add in the decreasing ability to compete in the league which he has shown....not a guy I will ever cheer for and disappointed as a lifelong Sens fan.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
- I don't mind trading Dahlen to improve the team for the playoff run.
- I don't mind trading for Burrows to improve the team for the playoff run.
- I do mind trading Dahlen for Burrows to improve the team for the playoff run.

These are my exact thoughts. If we trade Dahlen, I want someone better than Burrows.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
This post is pure trash, sorry but it is, and I wouldn't want anyone reading it and thinking it's true. This is just another example of muddying the waters and slandering the opinions of those who disagree with you. I get it, the sad posters just can't seem to deal with the fact that other Sens fans are made happy by news that has seemingly devastated them.

Vancouver fans have come in congratulating us and telling that we will love Burrows like they did, other than that I have been pretty much the only Sens fan who has identified as living in BC. The Sens are not just my #1 team, but my only team. Having said that, I end up watching a lot more 'Nucks games than most on here given that it's the local team. Burrows is well loved here and is a good player.

Take a breath, stop trying to confirm your bias and take a look back on what EVERY SINGLE CANUCKS POSTER has said in here. That should make you feel a little better, and given that, you know, they're talking about their team, and one of their 12 year players, perhaps they know what they're talking about.

I mean look at it this way, you and other's seem to think they know what they're talking about, and concretely mind you, about our overseas prospects who have yet to sniff the NHL, let alone team vets, so perhaps other team fans have the same level of knowledge and understanding bout their players as you do. That thought should make you sleep a little easier when considering Burrows as a player on our team. You could of course also just wait and see, but hey, why do that when the internet is here for the freakout!

I'll be nice and won't call your opinion trash in kind but I agree about the internet so heed your advice and don't freak out. You're not the only BC based person who has said how great a guy Borrows is despite what some claim to be reports of some highly unacceptable comments. As far as his on-ice play I don't buy what they are selling. Maybe 6 years ago he was worth a 2016 (probable 2017 1st round equivalent) but not today. The guy is 1 month from turning 36 and we are stuck with him for 2 more years. Another serious concern is that Dorion is talking of him as a regular LW or RW top 6-9. As a pure UFA acquisition to improve our 4th line to end the year that's fine but I wouldn't have paid much for that. We don't have much there now so almost anyone would be better in the short term. Since they had Wingels and were picking up Stalberg this trade under its current terms was unnecessary. They would have been better to keep Dahlen and put their efforts towards a better D or a true top 6. You're in love with Borrows and that's fine but I'm not and won't be for the next 2 years+ no matter what he does. So be it.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
These are my exact thoughts. If we trade Dahlen, I want someone better than Burrows.

K, but you don't know what Dahlen's true value is. People here are seriously overrating Dahlen. Dorion was low on him, considered him our 5-6th best prospect. Even Mackenzie tweeted that Dahlen wasn't particularly valued among other GMs as well. Dorion sold him while he was trending upwards a little bit. Similar to how we moved Rundblad when the hype was at it's highest.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I'll be nice and won't call your opinion trash in kind but I agree about the internet so heed your advice and don't freak out. You're not the only BC based person who has said how great a guy Borrows is despite what some claim to be reports of some highly unacceptable comments. As far as his on-ice play I don't buy what they are selling. Maybe 6 years ago he was worth a 2016 (probable 2017 1st round equivalent) but not today. The guy is 1 month from turning 36 and we are stuck with him for 2 more years. Another serious concern is that Dorion is talking of him as a regular LW or RW top 6-9. As a pure UFA acquisition to improve our 4th line to end the year that's fine but I wouldn't have paid much for that. We don't have much there now so almost anyone would be better in the short term. Since they had Wingels and were picking up Stalberg this trade under its current terms was unnecessary. They would have been better to keep Dahlen and put their efforts towards a better D or a true top 6. You're in love with Borrows and that's fine but I'm not and won't be for the next 2 years+ no matter what he does. So be it.

You pretty much tried to invalidate my opinion because I live in BC, questioning my Sens loyalty because I like the trade. That's trash reasoning, and well below your usual post quality.

Look I know you're pissed, but I'm sure you can refrain from insulting or minimizing the opinions/loyalties of those of us who like it.

Also, your post is filled with strawmen and other logical fallacies. I know it's not worth debating when someone uses the "I know you're in love with Burrows, but..." line, I mean come on is this grade 2? I can't like the trade unless I'm irrationally fond of Burrows? Is not the irony of the Dahlen love on fine display here as a back drop, if being in love with the player is the issue?

Weak weak weak. I'll just enjoy the trade and look forward to the team moving forwards. You can continue diminishing me and others in your mind until it somehow makes you feel better...

Last edited:

darglor

Feb 17, 2012
A week ago, no one would ever mention Dahlen anywhere and he was not in anyone's top-5 prospects. All of a sudden, it's the end of the world that we traded him.

I don't get it...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
But he's 35 years old!!!!! That mean's he's automatically bad.

:sarcasm:

fyi: Alfie was 34 during his epic '07 cup run. Not directly comparing, but just saying...

turns 36 in a month, so.....

(joke. but really I agree with DrEasy. Trade dahlen ok fine, trade for burrows ok fine, trade dahlen for burrows then extend for 5 mil til he's 38 years old, hmm)

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
A week ago, no one would ever mention Dahlen anywhere and he was not in anyone's top-5 prospects. All of a sudden, it's the end of the world that we traded him.

I don't get it...

Lots of people who knew how well Dahlen was doing in the Allsvenskan know how good he is and the kind of potential he had. Lots of people had him as the 5th guy behind Chabot, White, Brown, and Chlapik. And no, it's not the end of the world that he was traded. Many here are happy with acquiring Burrows, just not for the price of a skilled prospect with potential to be a good NHL player.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

I don't get it...

If only there was some sort of board of messages that are filled with peoples opinions that are documented too look back on.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

I don't get it...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2192735

#5 in Button's ottawa list at bottom

see posts following about dahlen or check out the dahlen thread. People were excited about him. He may not stick in the nhl though :dunno: But people were excited about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad