Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo @ Toronto - March 13th at 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Maybe. Unless you are one that believes you need to face your demons in order to get past them. I would hope Murray would be desperate to play against his old team and give them the finger with an outstanding game.

Also, it will be a Leaf friendly crowd in that arena. Unless those are the volatile crowd you’re talking about. Lol.
I actually didn't think about the pro-Leaf crowd in Ottawa... But knowing how much the fanbase is not big on Murray... Could be both!

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Splitting up the McCabe - Brodie pair is interesting, I guess they're trying some more stuff out. Rielly - Brodie is the ol' reliable so I guess we shall see how McCabe - Holl can gel together

I also think they really like the 4th line and it's staying for a while. When ROR returns he'll either push Tavares or Lafferty to the wing with Steeves as a placeholder atm

Getting more and more annoyed with Keefe. Seriously? Murray gets back to back starts? I guess it was his amazing .846 save percentage last night. Kerfoot still on the 1st line? Every play dies on his stick. We're getting into Babcock pigheadedness now.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Getting more and more annoyed with Keefe. Seriously? Murray gets back to back starts? I guess it was his amazing .846 save percentage last night. Kerfoot still on the 1st line? Every play dies on his stick. We're getting into Babcock pigheadedness now.

It's pathetic how posters try to play coach without any intel. Maybe do a little reading - Sammy isn't at 100%

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Kerfoot tries man I'll give him that. If he could bury his chances he would be one of the most praised Leafs on the team right up there with the big 3 this year imo.

I actually don't mind giving him a bit more time on the top line. He could really do wonders there if things start to click for him.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
It's pathetic how posters try to play coach without any intel. Maybe do a little reading - Sammy isn't at 100%

Interesting choice of words. Been waiting for that have ya? Feel free to point out where I can do this reading. Also, Woll has played better than Murray as well. I never said it had to be Samsonov.

Last edited:

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Samsonov was relied upon heavily with Murray’s injury. Not a bad thing to give the guy some rest. Still a decent amount of regular season games left, it’s probably a good time to try and get Murray back on his game so we have two goalies playing at a good level going into the playoffs.

Reactions: DragoGrizzly

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
The d pairings look like an improvement though. Just need to swap Holl and liljgrens spots

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Honestly I like the decision to play Murray. He had a bad game and needs another start to get into a bit of a rhythm. Buffalo is struggling and has some injuries so it’s a perfect chance for Murray to gain some momentum

This also gives Samsonov Wednesday versus Colorado, so we can give him a big test against a strong offense

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
He started the last game didn't he?

That's a long time between starts for Samsonov, I'd have thought they would just alternate starts between them until the next b2b
Samsonov is still recovering and is not 100% according to Keefe. They also want to give Matt more chances to get his groove going since a lot of games this week.

Reactions: Kiwi and aingefan

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I think you know what the answer to that question is already.

images
Um, no comment.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Kerfoot tries man I'll give him that. If he could bury his chances he would be one of the most praised Leafs on the team right up there with the big 3 this year imo.

I actually don't mind giving him a bit more time on the top line. He could really do wonders there if things start to click for him.
I've seen Kerfoot rip some nice shots bardown. Right now he looks like he's sexond guessing every time he touches the puck. His confidence is definitely shot atm.

You could have just stopped - pathetic
Pathetic is a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad