Value of: Buffalo Sabres and LA Kings - (Dahlin, not Eichel)

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Every single one of these Dahlin trades is ridiculous, Buffalo wouldn't trade a 20 year old they took 1st overall a few yeas ago and if they did it would have to be a MASSIVE package heading to Buffalo, like Fox + Kakko for him, and there is no way NYR sign off on that

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Dahlin has re-etablished his top end value and blue chip status over the last two weeks. He is playing great and is a big part of the reason the Sabres are now a thorn in the side to all the teams battling for the playoffs in the East. Ralph Krueger is a lesson in how terrible coaching can make even the most talented palyers look like they don't belong. Dahlin in my eyes is pretty much untouchable now. He just turned 21 last week and with Eichel being 50/50 to return to buffalo imo, Dahlin is Cozens are the pieces the Sabres will be building around if Eichel says goodbye.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
The worst part of the krueger era is how he devalued Buffalo's players which allows for more ridiculous than usual trade proposals on HF

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I think perhaps a more realistic trade for Dahlin would be centered around Vilardi, Bjornfot, and LA's 2021 1st. No secondary pieces, just three blue chip prospects. That's a lot of value for Dahlin but LA has to give to get.

LA's defense would look pretty good:

Dahlin - Doughty
Anderson - Roy
Clague - Walker

That's still incredibly light for anything in return for him, and he's not being traded.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Dahlin is in that 18-21yr old age range that the OP mentioned. Even if the Sabres decide to retool their rebuild, Dahlin still fits the age window for the Sabres. Especially since defenseman take longer to develop anyway. He’s still years away from his prime.

There’s just no reason to trade Dahlin.

Reactions: kilowatt

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Imagine jettisoning two of the most talented players in the league, ages 21 and 24 because you want to get younger.....

Reactions: explore

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I Highly doubt this one will happen...
to get him out of BUF you'll have to OVERPAY by twice the amount of his worth and he's worth more than any players on the Kings...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad