Value of: Buffalo Sabres and LA Kings - (Dahlin, not Eichel)

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Lol this is terrible for Buffalo, it makes absolutely zero sense. Dahlin is the last player they should trade, and trading him is the single move that makes the least sense for them to make.

And you don’t even have Vilardi or Byfield in the trade :facepalm:

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Yeah, stop with that trash. Dahlin is going back to being his usual self with a new coach. Oh and he also is just 20.
Good call on Dahlin and a new coach. FWIW, Friedman said on a Buffalo radio station - AM550 yesterday that he does not expect Eichel to be a Sabres next season and then mentioned a team in the West. He then said the Kings have the assets to make it happen.

Reactions: bernmeister

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Lol this is terrible for Buffalo, it makes absolutely zero sense. Dahlin is the last player they should trade, and trading him is the single move that makes the least sense for them to make.

And you don’t even have Vilardi or Byfield in the trade :facepalm:

I think perhaps a more realistic trade for Dahlin would be centered around Vilardi, Bjornfot, and LA's 2021 1st. No secondary pieces, just three blue chip prospects. That's a lot of value for Dahlin but LA has to give to get.

LA's defense would look pretty good:

Dahlin - Doughty
Anderson - Roy
Clague - Walker

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I think perhaps a more realistic trade for Dahlin would be centered around Vilardi, Bjornfot, and LA's 2021 1st. No secondary pieces, just three blue chip prospects. That's a lot of value for Dahlin but LA has to give to get.

Dahlin - Doughty
Anderson - Roy
Clague - Walker
Zero chance Dahlin gets traded. Eichel on the other hand.....

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

Dahlin - Doughty
Anderson - Roy
Clague - Walker

How could Buffalo say no when the fan of the other team says "You have to give to get" while not offering their top prospects for the other team's franchise 21-year-old franchise defenseman

I counter with Byfield for Quinn, Laaksonen, and Buffalo's 2022 1st top-10 protected. That's a lot of value for Byfield, but Buffalo has to give to get.

You know it's a fair offer because I said "that's a lot of value" and that Buffalo "has to give to get"

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Good call on Dahlin and a new coach. FWIW, Friedman said on a Buffalo radio station - AM550 yesterday that he does not expect Eichel to be a Sabres next season and then mentioned a team in the West. He then said the Kings have the assets to make it happen.

Earlier this thread the push by some was NYR were the team for an Eich deal.

This is clickbait nonsense.
Asks including Kravtsov were properly rebuffed before and are most correctly rejected now that he has had a handful and played very well.

Eich is not elite but yes, primo value, nagging injuries notwithstanding.
But the prob is not a min 4 1st value, but that Sabes are seeking bluest blue chip elc currency; this the Rangers cannot/will not do. NY has good amount of such assets, but not enough to be surplus available for trade.
If we deal Buch + Strome for picks and use our new found ability to hit in the draft, then in a year or two we will have an abundance adequate to consider a splurge.

The other thing is reality of salary cap.
Eich may be worth 10+, but we have breadman at 10+ and a handful of others who are getting expensive. Strome + Buch are together more than that, but either or both are affordable and can be dealt.
If we add another player at 10 or so then like CHI [Kane + Toews] and others we are gambling on a top heavy lineup getting adequate depth in the middle and bottom. It is a guarantee that roster flexibility will go buh-bye.
So unless Trouba waives his nmc which is not likely we have 3ish more years where we have to be carefully frugal before we can splurge on an expensive add.

Conversely, LA is possibly a good fit.
However Dahlin should only be dealt not for a signif overpay, but further, if that haul is enough to give Eichel enough help that he reconsiders and not only stays but gets enthusiastically behind the program.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
How could Buffalo say no when the fan of the other team says "You have to give to get" while not offering their top prospects for the other team's franchise 21-year-old franchise defenseman

I counter with Byfield for Quinn, Laaksonen, and Buffalo's 2022 1st top-10 protected. That's a lot of value for Byfield, but Buffalo has to give to get.

You know it's a fair offer because I said "that's a lot of value" and that Buffalo "has to give to get"
Vilardi and bjornfot are two of la's top prospects though.....

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
As much as I believe in acquiring elite-level young talent on the blueline, Dahlin has been a tire fire in his own zone. How much of that is him and how much of that is being in Buffalo, I don't know.

I wouldn't want to completely empty the cupboard of prospects and 1st round draft picks to find out, though.

Kings have to be careful here. Trading a boatload of talent for an under performing 1OA is a big risk, as tire fires can last a decade.

Reactions: Guitpik

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Earlier this thread the push by some was NYR were the team for an Eich deal.

This is clickbait nonsense.
Asks including Kravtsov were properly rebuffed before and are most correctly rejected now that he has had a handful and played very well.

Eich is not elite but yes, primo value, nagging injuries notwithstanding.
But the prob is not a min 4 1st value, but that Sabes are seeking bluest blue chip elc currency; this the Rangers cannot/will not do. NY has good amount of such assets, but not enough to be surplus available for trade.
If we deal Buch + Strome for picks and use our new found ability to hit in the draft, then in a year or two we will have an abundance adequate to consider a splurge.

The other thing is reality of salary cap.
Eich may be worth 10+, but we have breadman at 10+ and a handful of others who are getting expensive. Strome + Buch are together more than that, but either or both are affordable and can be dealt.
If we add another player at 10 or so then like CHI [Kane + Toews] and others we are gambling on a top heavy lineup getting adequate depth in the middle and bottom. It is a guarantee that roster flexibility will go buh-bye.
So unless Trouba waives his nmc which is not likely we have 3ish more years where we have to be carefully frugal before we can splurge on an expensive add.

Conversely, LA is possibly a good fit.
However Dahlin should only be dealt not for a signif overpay, but further, if that haul is enough to give Eichel enough help that he reconsiders and not only stays but gets enthusiastically behind the program.
Eichel is not elite?? Ok slim, you have zero hockey knowledge.

explore

Jun 28, 2011
And.... nobody is criticizing your proposal.

You're ignoring the original offer expecting to get the Sabres 21-year-old franchise defenseman without even giving up one of their two best prospects in Byfield or Turcotte. Vilardi is LAs third-best prospect. It's a joke of an offer, especially with the extra, "gotta give to get" and "giving up a lot" added to it

I guess I should edit my offer and remove Quinn, since he's Buffalo's best prospect, and downgrade it to Buffalo's third-best prospect like Borgen or something. Then it'd make more sense and I'm sure you and the guy who made the original offer will be fine trading Byfield for Borgen, Laaksonen, and a top-10 protected 2022 first

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
You're ignoring the original offer expecting to get the Sabres 21-year-old franchise defenseman without even giving up one of their two best prospects in Byfield or Turcotte. Vilardi is LAs third-best prospect. It's a joke of an offer, especially with the extra, "gotta give to get" and "giving up a lot" added to it

I guess I should edit my offer and remove Quinn, since he's Buffalo's best prospect, and downgrade it to Buffalo's third-best prospect like Borgen or something. Then it'd make more sense and I'm sure you and the guy who made the original offer will be fine trading Byfield for Borgen, Laaksonen, and a top-10 protected 2022 first
wtf is this bs the quality of the prospect your talking about is comparing apples to oranges. If Quinn was on the kings he would be the kings 6 or 7th at best but sure lets pretend that everyones prospect list is equal.

explore

Jun 28, 2011
wtf is this bs the quality of the prospect your talking about is comparing apples to oranges. If Quinn was on the kings he would be the kings 6 or 7th at best but sure lets pretend that everyones prospect list is equal.

Imagine being offended at being low balled.

If only Dahlin was on the same level as Byfield, Turcotte, or future Wayne Gretzky record-breaker, Vilardi

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Eichel is not elite?? Ok slim, you have zero hockey knowledge.

no, imo he is not elite.
premium, yes, quality, yes, but a notch-ish below eltie.

Elite is Barkov, MacKinnon etc plus the generational (McDavid).

I would concede he has potential to be elite, he prob has close to that much talent, and if he avoids injury and gets better Ws, that could push him over.

But today, no.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Imagine being offended at being low balled.

If only Dahlin was on the same level as Byfield, Turcotte, or future Wayne Gretzky record-breaker, Vilardi
being offended is not anything to do with my post. Read it again its saying all prospect are not equal and 3 or 4 th on la list is still would be top of buffalos list easy

explore

Jun 28, 2011
being offended is not anything to do with my post. Read it again its saying all prospect are not equal and 3 or 4 th on la list is still would be top of buffalos list easy

Cool story. LA doesn't have a single prospect worth Dahlin straight up, and some goofy combination of Vilardi and a 1st doesn't move the needle

Go offer that package for Makar, Hughes, or Heiskanen

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2