Proposal: Buffalo Proposals for Hanifin (Merged)

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
ROR
Kane

For

Hanifin
2018 1st

ROR for Hanifin is fair
Kane for a 1st is fair

Canes get a great winger and first line center and the sabres get a top D prospect and good draft pick

Given the likelihood of them making the payoffs, why on earth would the Canes give up a potential lottery pick for a rental in Kane? You want a 1st for Kane you probably need to target a team with cup aspirations this year.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Hanifin + Skinner + 1st

For

Kane + RoR

Are you kidding me!!!!
giphy.gif

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
The trade altogether is fair. ROR is better than Hanifin and this could push the Canes into the playoffs...
ROR>Hanifin is your perception. Could make the playoffs? Not good enough, not throwing away a possible lottery pick for could make the playoffs

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Fire this one into the sun. It's just that bad. Francis would legit spit in Botterills face if he proposed this in person.
why ? ROR and Kane for a 3rd pairing d man and a second line winger, francis gets the best player in the deal and a much needed boost at centre

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
why ? ROR and Kane for a 3rd pairing d man and a second line winger, francis gets the best player in the deal and a much needed boost at centre

Yeah, you're right. Sounds like Carolina would be sending Buffalo a bunch of trash. Can't do this deal in good faith as it would be ripping off the Sabres.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
It's funny that the canes have 5 Dman ahead of Hanifin and they still suck. Must not be that good

Hang on there. The canes have 25 M in cap space and have 31 points. Buffalo has 8M in cap space and has 22 points. Slow your role brah. Buffalo spends way more and is way worse.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yeah nobody is going to be adding anything to Hanifin for ROR

If you look at the Jones-RyJo trade as a comparable, I agree it's pretty even one-for-one. Whether or not either team makes that trade is a different question, but value-wise, I think it's close.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It's funny that the canes have 5 Dman ahead of Hanifin and they still suck. Must not be that good

1) I'm not a Canes fan, so who cares?
2) I'm not the one contending that this deal would turn 1 of these teams into a playoff contender this year, you are.
3) Offfering Kane to CAR shows a lack of understanding about the other team

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
If you look at the Jones-RyJo trade as a comparable, I agree it's pretty even one-for-one. Whether or not either team makes that trade is a different question, but value-wise, I think it's close.

Yep. I personally don't know if ROR is the center the canes would trade Hanifin for but it's definitely close in value one for one.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Any team giving up what it would take to pry Hanifin loose from Carolina is doing so for what he could be, not what currently is. He’s shown just enough at the NHL level to justify a high return.

NHL.com - Stats

Small sample size, but since being unshackled from Tennyson/Dahlbeck/Murphy, Hanifin has gone to a new level offensively, outscoring the likes of Byfuglien, Yandle, Keith, Ekman-Larsson, as well as fellow 2015 draftees Provorov and Werenski, since the Hainsey trade. For a player that was said to have a lower offensive ceiling by some coming into the league, his development has been encouraging, despite an unexpectedly raw defensive game. If and hopefully when his defensive game matures, look out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad