Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] F Tage Thompson signs extension with the Sabres (7 years, $7.14M AAV)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I was on the optimistic end of him. I knew the shooting percentage argument but he played just such a wildly different, confident and improved game last year that I thought at least some of that bump was the product of his work and not just a lucky year.

I thought there would be some regression but nothing that wouldn’t make it a good deal.

I did not have shattering those marks while adding great playmaking on my scorecard.

I did, however, joke about him becoming a great playmaker being just as likely as regression because his development is too crazy to try and guess what happened next. My joke was more accurate than my prediction. Guy is nuts.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The early pages on this thread are a marvel of gem quotes.

Like my favorite was to wait until after this season to offer that contract. That would have been mighty foolish in hindsight

One thing though, as these contracts have been signed more often and more widely, almost all of them appear to be excellent value thus far or do not look like anyone's made a mistake. And those posts have almost all gone very, very quiet.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Something drove this man different 2 years ago.

I don't think he just unlocked his superpowers by finally fitting that skill into his size. He was always something of a projected 2nd line goal scorer who was clearly pacing only well enough to be maybe a 3rd line option as the decade turned. I think he pushed himself to be something nobody thought he would be and once he started realizing how good he could be, nothing was gonna stop him. Now he's dominating with his size and skill ala Mario - what an absolute glory to watch.

It's attracting people to watch Buffalo now to not only be dazzled by the likes of him, but current Norris contender Dahlin, future Norris contender Power. Add in future 1C-on-the-2nd-line Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, and future captain Tuch. Tons of other amazing pieces that have been built through the draft, which is how championship team are truly built. Buffalo is just waiting on a goaltender to take the reigns. Levi is on the way if it's not UPL who assumes the 50+ game starter role.

Really happy to finally see Buffalo pushing the playoff boundary once again, especially in a very tough Eastern Conference. I'll continue to watch them lots for sure.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This bump just reminding me that this deal doesn’t even start until next season.

He’s making 1.4 million right now.

What a value they got out of that bridge deal

Reactions: VaporTrail

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I hope Buffalo makes the playoffs because that drought is rough for the fans regardless of what team it is. Buffalo is a great hockey market. The Sabres are an actual exciting team to watch too. Thompson is a highlight reel right now. From an entertainment perspective Thompson is up there with McDavid/Ovechkin/MacKinnon in my eyes. He's a real treat to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00