Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] F Tage Thompson signs extension with the Sabres (7 years, $7.14M AAV)

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I really liked his game last season. His style of game is what it takes to win in the playoffs IMO . As a Devils fan , I hope they pay out the ass for him . Buffalo is going to be a powerhouse very soon , if they stay the course and don’t scree it up , they will be very competitive for the next several years ..Need then to botch a couple deals or their roster should be very impressive
Him and Tuch are a handful to deal with for other teams.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
If he matches his production next year its a steal. Look at the other contract comparable, the cap going up and the price of goals…
Sure, if he replicates it. The guy had one season above 14 points in the NHL and makes $7M x 7!? Good lord. This kind of thing is what will undo Buffalo in the future. I hope I am wrong and he lives up to it but going off of his track record, this is naht good.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1654559940488.jpg

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Buffalo had to overpay. The team isn’t good right now.
Just wait … Buffalo , NJ , Ottawa , Detroit , Anaheim are all going to be in the top 1/3 of the league soon with Montreal Coyotes
and Chicago right behind them if they continue rebuilding the right way

Yes it is risky giving him this contract based off of one excellent year … but if he replicates last season or improves on it ?? It’s a bargain.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
The more I look at this, the less I like it. I hope he lives up to it but why not a 3 year Mangiapane type deal at $5ish million? He shot 15% last year. Pretty much DOUBLE his previous best year and well above the league average of 9%ish.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
The more I look at this, the less I like it. I hope he lives up to it but why not a 3 year Mangiapane type deal at $5ish million? He shot 15% last year. Pretty much DOUBLE his previous best year and well above the league average of 9%ish.
because they have to get to the cap floor, Okposos deal is done when this one kicks in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad