Confirmed Trade: [BUF/CBJ] Eric Robinson for c. 2025 7th round pick

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Which part? The two total points on the season, the fact that he falls ALL the time, or that they don't miss him on the ice? Cuz I sure don't with Robinson here.
A 4th line defensive grinder who pitches in 10 goals a year is not useless. And like what was already stated the fact they felt they needed to go out and get someone like Robinson does in fact show he was missed.
The fact Girgensons had to drag around dead weight in Krebs and Okposo isn't his fault. Luckily now Okposo has picked up his game.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
A 4th line defensive grinder who pitches in 10 goals a year is not useless. And like what was already stated the fact they felt they needed to go out and get someone like Robinson does in fact show he was missed.
The fact Girgensons had to drag around dead weight in Krebs and Okposo isn't his fault. Luckily now Okposo has picked up his game.
Ironic that Girgensons is the dead weight. Line shows up when he is gone and replaced with a competent player. He is lucky to get 5 this year at his pace, now he is expendable. I am sure they quickly realized how much better Robinson is.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Ironic that Girgensons is the dead weight. Line shows up when he is gone and replaced with a competent player. He is lucky to get 5 this year at his pace, now he is expendable. I am sure they quickly realized how much better Robinson is.
Again... nonsense. The line succeeded because Okposo has showed up for the past 5 or so games and the addition of Robinson.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It's been three games...
Which is why there are a lot of 'ifs' in posters projections for him. Even so- I think most posters have a reasonable view- is he going to become a viable energy bug on this team or just a depth piece that fills in for injuries? Time will tell, but at least in the short term he's providing stability for a checking line.

You're aiming your shots at the wrong player. Okposo looked cooked earlier in the season, and I'm assuming Krebs was going through some off ice trauma that impacted his play because he looked as bad as I can remember (or he was going through the motions like the rest of the team). They BOTH showed up last night. That entire line was cooking.

I like the Robinson addition as he may become a solid energy player, but you're being to harsh on Girgs and too lenient on Krebs and Okposo. I'd be happy to have Girgs and POTENTIALLY Robinson as 2/3 of a fourth line going forward next year assuming Robinson continues to play his role well & Girgs does what he's always done.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
5 goals in 10 games. Robinson has been a great jolt for them. Girgensons is useless.
And 0 goals in the prior 19 games. 14 goals is not a great 82 game pace for a top 6 forward.

Robinson being a great jolt for the forwards is another indictment against Kevyn and his lack of additions/moves this past summer.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
And 0 goals in the prior 19 games. 14 goals is not a great 82 game pace for a top 6 forward.

Robinson being a great jolt for the forwards is another indictment against Kevyn and his lack of additions/moves this past summer.
Even when making a good move, you have to flip it into a negative.

Again... nonsense. The line succeeded because Okposo has showed up for the past 5 or so games and the addition of Robinson.
Because he was anchored by Girgensons dragging the line down....

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

That entire line was anchored by Krebs playing like garbage. There was a time when both Okposo and Girgensons had 7-8 pts when Krebs finally picked up his first point of the season - a secondary assist on an empty-net goal. For 20+ games Krebs played like an idiot with the puck on his stick, making dumb passes and giving up possession constantly. It completely overshadowed a relatively decent job he was doing defensively.

Maybe...maybe Krebs can get his stuff together and become a better player but I'm fine trading him if he can be replaced by a bigger or more veteran player like Sturm. Okposo should retire after this season and as for Girgensons, I'm ok with him returning but if those other spots are filled nicely and Robinson can do the same job for a million less, good luck elsewhere.

Reactions: Zman5778

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

Quoting myself from the Sabres board:

I'm glad Robinson is working out for us.

But such a marginal player being such an instant boost to the forwards makes Adams lack of moves or additions this offseason stick out all the more.

If a bonafide scrub like Robinson is this big of an upgrade, imagine what a bonafide middle 6er and bottom 6er could have done for the lineup if added during the offseason?
Robinson working out for us is a positive.

I didn't flip anything into a negative. Adams not doing his job during the offseason (or really at all for the past 4 years) is the negative, not that I pointed it out.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

That entire line was anchored by Krebs playing like garbage.

To start the year, that line was anchored by BOTH Krebs and Okposo. I thought Girgensons was the only one on that line playing WELL to start the year, and he was quite literally dragging the other 2 along with him.

Once Okposo and Krebs started to pick up their play, ZG got hurt. I think there was maybe one game where that line truly looked like it did last year.

That Okposo and Krebs are now playing better and have looked fantastic with a ZG-like clone is on 21 and 19 themselves.....not a knock on Zem in the least.

As I've said on the Sabres board: I'd love to see ZG and ERob on a line together if/when they both get healthy at the same time. Seems like they'd be perfectly complementary.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
To start the year, that line was anchored by BOTH Krebs and Okposo. I thought Girgensons was the only one on that line playing WELL to start the year, and he was quite literally dragging the other 2 along with him.

Once Okposo and Krebs started to pick up their play, ZG got hurt. I think there was maybe one game where that line truly looked like it did last year.

That Okposo and Krebs are now playing better and have looked fantastic with a ZG-like clone is on 21 and 19 themselves.....not a knock on Zem in the least.

As I've said on the Sabres board: I'd love to see ZG and ERob on a line together if/when they both get healthy at the same time. Seems like they'd be perfectly complementary.
20 games, 2 points. He has been on the decline since the LOG line. He should not have been brought back. Now we are stuck with a player that MAY get 10 points this year. The difference between Girgensons and Robinson are massive. Were just used to an inept 4th line in the offensive zone. He is bad, end of story.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
20 games, 2 points. He has been on the decline since the LOG line. He should not have been brought back. Now we are stuck with a player that MAY get 10 points this year. The difference between Girgensons and Robinson are massive. Were just used to an inept 4th line in the offensive zone. He is bad, end of story.

Girgensons is not a guy that one should judge on points. He's never been nor ever will be a big point producer. And again, a lot of his lack of production is due to Krebs and Okposo being trash to start the year.

You're getting your evaluation of this player wrong. End of story.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Girgensons is not a guy that one should judge on points. He's never been nor ever will be a big point producer. And again, a lot of his lack of production is due to Krebs and Okposo being trash to start the year.

You're getting your evaluation of this player wrong. End of story.
Everyone should be judged on points. a 4th line does not exist simply to prevent offense. You don't win in the playoffs if your 4th line cant produce anything.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
You don't win in the playoffs if your 4th line cant produce anything.
The Panthers just got to a SCF with practically nothing from their 4th line. Hell, their 4th liners played like 10 min per game.....they relied heavily on their top 9 and went far.

Meanwhile, the Islanders have/had one of the more productive 4th lines in the NHL and look at their success.

It's nice to have a productive 4th line. But it's not mandatory

Reactions: SB716

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad