Confirmed Trade: [BUF/CBJ] Eric Robinson for c. 2025 7th round pick

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Capfriendly.com seems to indicate that it's 45 total NHL games.
I ready what one of the reporters said. It shouldn’t be tied to his Columbus his Columbus games. The clause might added up to being 45 nhl games. One of‘em is then wrong.

all prior trades have been tied to games played on the team on nhl club.

there also could be clauses on waiver claims and pick comp. He cleared waiver earlier. He’s now building up a 10g/30 day re-clearing trigger. If in late January he goes to Rochester and gets claimed. Is buffalo still on the hook

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
When he is the line up he stands out because of his size and speed. I'm not sure how he is defensively? But he seems like an upgrade over Jost and Okposo for the fourth line. He can at least do what they can't, forecheck with speed
Okposo is 6th in ice time among Sabres forwards this season.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
He looked great last night.
Fast, tenacious, hard on pucks, winning battles, forechecking beast, almost goal (it was called back upon review.)
He's everything you want in a 4th liner, added a lot of energy and compete to the team.
Great pickup, and as a poster previously commented that he gets 2-3 breakaways a game and doesn't score. Well.. He had a breakaway, and missed the net.
Right on that.

Reactions: Monk

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
He was good against the Bruins, even missing the net on a breakaway to confirm his form.

The thing is, he doesn't have to do much to provide value - be better than Jost or Okposo. And if he can't accomplish that, the Sabres give up a measly 7th only if he plays in 45 games.

A trivial acquisition, but with absolutely zero downside. Give a tiny cheer to Kevyn Adams for a small, useful move. Now, if he'd only do something more meaningful.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
He looked great last night.
Fast, tenacious, hard on pucks, winning battles, forechecking beast, almost goal (it was called back upon review.)
He's everything you want in a 4th liner, added a lot of energy and compete to the team.
Great pickup, and as a poster previously commented that he gets 2-3 breakaways a game and doesn't score. Well.. He had a breakaway, and missed the net.
Right on that.
He's not terrible. Columbus really didn't have a spot for him (hence the waivers earlier in the year) and want to try to get more time to younger players with a longer term, better outlook, than ER. He's a fine 4th line/13th forward but unless you are competing (eh hm.... Columbus is clearly not), he's a roster spot that can be used in a better manner. No issue with moving him and the > $1MM in salary left on the deal. It's a win win in this case. I hope he does well.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His PP time is probably up a lot this year. I don't think he played much PP last year.

I know you complain ad nauseum about him as the net front guy on PP2, but the difference between last year and this is one spot (9th vs. 10th) and 11 seconds per game difference on the powerplay. That's with Thompson and Tuch both having been on the shelf.

He went from 6th in ESTOI last year at 12:42 down to 9th if we leave out Kulich and Robinson or 11th if we include them and 11:46.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I know you complain ad nauseum about him as the net front guy on PP2, but the difference between last year and this is one spot (9th vs. 10th) and 11 seconds per game difference on the powerplay. That's with Thompson and Tuch both having been on the shelf.

He went from 6th in ESTOI last year at 12:42 down to 9th if we leave out Kulich and Robinson or 11th if we include them and 11:46.
I am sorry if that offends you me complaining about a hockey player on a hockey forum being gifted PP time.

Aren't you a mod? If it offends you why not give me a warning or something so I will be quiet about it.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I am sorry if that offends you me complaining about a hockey player on a hockey forum being gifted PP time.

Aren't you a mod? If it offends you why not give me a warning or something so I will be quiet about it.

:biglaugh:

Nah, it's that people have attempt to explain why and how his TOI is role criticism for a lot of the rest of the forwards to you plenty of times.

In the meantime, Robinson was workmanlike in his debut and filled a role and if for a night, it worked out to help in an area they need help in.

Reactions: Samsonite23

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
:biglaugh:

Nah, it's that people have attempt to explain why and how his TOI is role criticism for a lot of the rest of the forwards to you plenty of times.

In the meantime, Robinson was workmanlike in his debut and filled a role and if for a night, it worked out to help in an area they need help in.
His PP time literally coincides with numerous injuries. No idea why that poster can’t get it, and why they act like they are being attacked when people explain it to them.

Reactions: Zman5778

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
He's looked great on the 4th line so far. 1G and 2A tonight with a +4 and first star of the game! LOL. He also had a goal waved off in his first game. But mostly, he brings speed, size, and a good motor. Most importantly, he goes to the front of the net and gets involved. I'm not expecting much offense, but he looks like a good energy player. If he keeps up this play (big if), he'll knock someone like Jost off the roster and keep a spot on the team.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Robinson has been a great jolt for them. Girgensons is useless.
Girgensons and Robinson are very similar players. Bottom 6 wingers that can forecheck and PK well. Robinson may have more speed and may be a touch better on offensive side, but Girgensons is likely better in the D zone. Both are probably good for ~20 pts/year.

Robinson may bloom into something more here with a more defined role, but to say that Girgensons is useless is just wrong. They have clearly missed him since the injury, and his absence (and the lack of bottom 6 depth in the system) likely necessitated this acquisition.

Now if you said that Jost is useless, I might agree with you.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Girgensons and Robinson are very similar players. Bottom 6 wingers that can forecheck and PK well. Robinson may have more speed and may be a touch better on offensive side, but Girgensons is likely better in the D zone. Both are probably good for ~20 pts/year.

Robinson may bloom into something more here with a more defined role, but to say that Girgensons is useless is just wrong. They have clearly missed him since the injury, and his absence (and the lack of bottom 6 depth in the system) likely necessitated this acquisition.

Now if you said that Jost is useless, I might agree with you.
I disagree, Girgensons just does nothing offensively. Jost you can see him actually doing something. Girgensons cant even stay on his feet. I don't think they miss him tbh.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad