Confirmed Trade: [BUF/CBJ] Eric Robinson for c. 2025 7th round pick

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Dude is FAST, that's about it. Dollar Store Jason Chimera
Minus the off sides. He does seem to hold the blueline :D

He'll be in the AHL when the Sabres get some bottom 6 players back (or acquire more). I haven't been a big Robinson fan with the CBJ. Really thought he might be in the mold of Josh Anderson but he's not going to hit like Josh used to. Has speed, as noted, but doesn't have any hands and I'm not sure the speed really gets him anywhere. Again, not a fan so I'm glad he's moved on.

Reactions: Jovavic

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
When he is the line up he stands out because of his size and speed. I'm not sure how he is defensively? But he seems like an upgrade over Jost and Okposo for the fourth line. He can at least do what they can't, forecheck with speed

Reactions: MOGlLNY

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This is it? This is the change Adams makes? Not going to address d or net like you should have in the off season Adams?

Poor Robinson, he's in for a real treat here in Buffalo. Wait until he gets a full gander of Granato and the teams "Dazed and Confused" 1st and 2nd period strategy.

I will whole heartedly support him if he starts boo'ing with the fans immediately. Like, 2 minutes or so in to the game when the opposition pots its 1st of 6 goals of the night.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
This is it? This is the change Adams makes? Not going to address d or net like you should have in the off season Adams?

Poor Robinson, he's in for a real treat here in Buffalo. Wait until he gets a full gander of Granato and the teams "Dazed and Confused" 1st and 2nd period strategy.

I will whole heartedly support him if he starts boo'ing with the fans immediately. Like, 2 minutes or so in to the game when the opposition pots its 1st of 6 goals of the night.
Heeey, that's a perfect fit with Columbus's similar strategy for the 3rd period, all three for the price of one trade!

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It doesn't need to be. But after an offseason of re-signing the same roster, and the highest quality moves that they made, which were to address the defensive depth, was to sign two #6-#8 guys, with management absolutely screwing up one of the biggest positions fans have been calling for (starting goaltending)to help ease the workload for a "promising" prospect in Levi, it's not that hard to see fans calling for a big move when the organization was supposed to take the next step (the playoffs) and the coaching staff and management hasn't shown itself to have a pulse at all.

In short, they did the small moves, and they haven't moved the needle one bit and we're now going backwards, they need a move to show the fanbase that they were actually serious of competing (short term or long term).
I would guess the bigger moves were more expensive in terms of both assets given and contracts. With such a young team with key players growing into roles still it makes some sense to not make bigger moves yet as well as not wanting to over extend the cap. There was also a finite amount of big moves, with no knowing how many would go to Buffalo. There’s a few teams that didn’t make bigger moves because it didn’t make sense, and that smaller ones play more into the grand scheme.

Not too many difference making goalies available and no one could plan on TT having a slow start and then getting hurt.

I think Buffalo is still in a good place moving forward. I’d like to see them healthy and gain some momentum before analyzing and dissecting. They’re clearly overall moving in the right direction. Ottawa, NJ and Buffalo all have stalled on their big push forward, they weren’t there yet. Funny that the team that got clowned the most from this group expected to step forward (Detroit) has made the most actual progress. An example of the smaller moves working, and they don’t bust the cap.

Reactions: luiginb and Irie

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
When he is the line up he stands out because of his size and speed. I'm not sure how he is defensively? But he seems like an upgrade over Jost and Okposo for the fourth line. He can at least do what they can't, forecheck with speed

Terrific defensively.

Robinson tilted the ice in his first couple full seasons but results have fallen off in the last year or two. It's hard to tell, he had the hardest zone deployment in the league the last two years.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I would guess the bigger moves were more expensive in terms of both assets given and contracts. With such a young team with key players growing into roles still it makes some sense to not make bigger moves yet as well as not wanting to over extend the cap. There was also a finite amount of big moves, with no knowing how many would go to Buffalo. There’s a few teams that didn’t make bigger moves because it didn’t make sense, and that smaller ones play more into the grand scheme.

Not too many difference making goalies available and no one could plan on TT having a slow start and then getting hurt.

I think Buffalo is still in a good place moving forward. I’d like to see them healthy and gain some momentum before analyzing and dissecting. They’re clearly overall moving in the right direction. Ottawa, NJ and Buffalo all have stalled on their big push forward, they weren’t there yet. Funny that the team that got clowned the most from this group expected to step forward (Detroit) has made the most actual progress. An example of the smaller moves working, and they don’t bust the cap.
I wasn’t necessarily saying they should’ve done the big moves, just explaining where the thought comes from. Personally, I was wanting the organization to focus on “smaller” deals that could reshape the role/attitude of the middle 6 Even in the offseason. They had an opportunity to move on from guys. Instead they doubled down on a roster that failed to make the playoffs or playing inconsistent hockey.

Buffalo has the potential to go in a good direction. The problem, for the past decade has been consistency and the team having a certain attitude on the ice, something They have stripped away at times and also not a part of their player makeup When they focus on prospects. Not to mention the organization just implementing the same cycle of hiring a 1st time GM, and also 1st time head coach and then watching it go to hell because nobody in the organization knows/was a direct factor at winning.

The easiest and probably best move they could make going forward is to hire a veteran executive to oversee Adams and the direction and be able to point out when things need changing. Not saying it should be him, but someone like a Dean Lombardi would be beneficial to a guy like Adams. Sometimes you need another set of eyes that hasn’t been looking at the same dull wall as you to help you out.

Reactions: bleedgreen

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Most of the time you can tell if a hockey player is/will be good, by their name. Robinson is not a hockey name. Robertson, now thats a good hockey name.
This man would like to have a word with you
Screenshot_20231206_200407_Chrome.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Robinson gets 2-3 break a ways a game, but can't hit the net

He is reliable on the PK

Three of the Sabres top 4 PKing forwards in terms of ice time are all out (Tuch, Greenway, Girgensons) and the fourth just returned from injury (Thompson). It seems they were trying to find usable NHL minutes there and did so for almost nothing tangible.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Well, on the surface a "conditional 7th" is one little notch above "future considerations". So there's that. But i'm gonna be honest...the future considerations might still be worth more.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Meh. We needed depth. Perhaps he can turn his career around and become a solid 4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad