Confirmed with Link: [BUF/ANA] Brandon Montour for 2019 SJ 1st round pick and Brendan Guhle

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
That would have been the right time frame. I remember Jeff Marek talking about how he had heard some nightmarish stories about what happens in those hearings, where the GMs and the player's agent basically have something not unlike a divorce hearing.

The team has to pretty much trash a player right in front of him, unless you get someone who is very secure with themselves and/or fully understands it's just business and they don't believe half of what they're saying, it can't possibly be healthy. Which, I guess, is why it's an effective tool for the players.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
^^^Which makes complete sense why Bob does his best to avoid them. He's been a beast at RFA negotiations, probably one of his stronger attributes.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So, back on topic with the thread, the season is basically over now, who is it that you want with the late first? I only looked at the people expected to go in the top five.
Jakob Pelletier, would be going much higher if not for his size.
Cam York, dman with great offensive potential, probably doesn't last to 20.
Arthur kaliyev, pure goal scorer, maybe the best in the class, but questions on drive.
Nick Robertson, big time motor and production has been getting better and better.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Jakob Pelletier, would be going much higher if not for his size.
Cam York, dman with great offensive potential, probably doesn't last to 20.
Arthur kaliyev, pure goal scorer, maybe the best in the class, but questions on drive.
Nick Robertson, big time motor and production has been getting better and better.
Any good centers? I'm not entirely sold on Hughes and Kakko ending up as centers at the top flight.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Any good centers? I'm not entirely sold on Hughes and Kakko ending up as centers at the top flight.
The only center that will conceivably drop out of the top 15 and be not be a reach would be newhook, and he likely won't last. He's also going to college which isnt great.

There's a Russian center right around there who is a good player but I figure he's a no go. Had a great WJC.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The only center that will conceivably drop out of the top 15 and be not be a reach would be newhook, and he likely won't last. He's also going to college which isnt great.

There's a Russian center right around there who is a good player but I figure he's a no go. Had a great WJC.
They did draft Bobkov, so maybe there's hope, albeit slim.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Montour has a goal and an assist so far tonight. He's been his usual high risk, high reward self, and it's paid off to this point in this game.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Ducks fans...hello. Just dropping in to ask how Guhle has looked so far. It looks like he's playing 20 minutes per game and he's got a 57% CF, so...it seems like it's going well so far. What are your initial impressions? I was a big fan of his skating ability.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Ducks fans...hello. Just dropping in to ask how Guhle has looked so far. It looks like he's playing 20 minutes per game and he's got a 57% CF, so...it seems like it's going well so far. What are your initial impressions? I was a big fan of his skating ability.
It's clear he has talent, but he had a pretty rough game last night against Vegas. He's been playing with Fowler lately, so he's not exactly being as sheltered as he should be at this point. The rest of this season is a lost cause, so I'm fine with him getting his feet wet, and hopefully he should be more prepared for this role next year.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Anyone who drafts Kakko and expects him to become a center at the NHL level is out of their mind. Sure, he might've played C in the juniors, but IMO he hasn't had much success at the pro level.

Regarding the C prospects outside the top-10 -- Newhook is ranked between 15 and 19, Suzuki and McMichael are ranked in the bottom third of the first round. Not saying I believe they're guys we should absolutely go for, but they may be the best centers available at that position...

EDIT:
Totally forgot about Krebs. I'd expect him to be taken between 10-15.

Last edited:

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Sabres fan here.
Just wanted to wish Guhle the best, but also, thank you for Montour, this kid is really good offensively and battles every shift.
Good luck in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad