Confirmed with Link: [BUF/ANA] Brandon Montour for 2019 SJ 1st round pick and Brendan Guhle

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Brendan Guhle's steady development lands him in AHL All-Star Classic
Taylor praises Guhle's improved defensive play.
“Everybody always wants to make the big deal of the offensive side of everybody,” Taylor said. “You don’t realize defense wins championships. … That’s why we’re where we’re at (in first place), because those guys are playing the right way, playing defensively, getting sticks on the puck.
“People don’t notice that type of stuff, but that’s what makes our team better is those little things. They’re adding up. That’s why he’s improving. People want to see the 10 goals and 15 goals from him, but his defensive side of the game is really improving, and that’s going to get him to the NHL.”

An NHL scout says he needs to add strength and questions his hockey sense.
The jury, the scout said, is “still out on his hockey IQ and ability to process the game quickly and efficiently.”
“His development has been slower than envisioned based on some of these aforementioned deficiencies,” he said.
The scout said Guhle, who was drafted by the Sabres’ old regime, will eventually play in the NHL but it “will probably be with his second organization.”

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
This reads as our guys didn't have confidence in montour putting his talents in the best place to succeed. His hockey IQ is questionable but I really thought they would stick with him.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I’m just happy to see we made a trade tbh, I feel it should’ve been Fowler but idc it’s a trade

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I would have preferred Mittelstadt, so my feelings on this trade largely depend on which first is coming back.

Good luck to Montour, really hope he doesn't end up coming back to bite us in the ass.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Zippy Chippy

Apr 6, 2015
Hi guys. Sabres fan here.

I don't get to watch much west coast hockey, so I don't know much about Montour. Would anyone be so kind as to provide a brief report on his play?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So we get the better of St. Louis/SJ as long as the blues pick doesn't get higher than 20.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Solves none of our salary issues either. My God, what the f*** is happening in Anaheim

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad