Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I’d rather go with

Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Connor - Little - Roslovic

4th line Laine plus 2:00 PP and in rotation for OT and shootout.

Connor and Roslovic have chemistry in bunches.
They should be together.
But we need Ehlers back first and by then Laine may find his Feb / March groove.

Nice problem to have.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I don't know how anyone who knows even a little bit about hockey or played hockey doesn't appreciate Little and how Little plays the game . I know that sounds arrogant but i just don't get how you couldn't be a fan of this guy . :dunno:
If Bryan Little is so good a centerman, why all this TSN talk about Chevy needing to trade for a centerman to anchor the Jets' 2nd line and for Little to move down to the third line and that the Jets might trade their 2019 first round draft pick for such a centerman.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If Bryan Little is so good a centerman, why all this TSN talk about Chevy needing to trade for a centerman to anchor the Jets' 2nd line and for Little to move down to the third line and that the Jets might trade their 2019 first round draft pick for such a centerman.
Little is a fine 2C but some consideration should be taken there is a legit better C available. For instance - Duchene, is putting up legit 1C numbers and can really transform your team into having 2 x 1st lines. Little is around 50th for 5v5 p/60 league-wide according to NSS (i counted 7 guys that have been playing Wing this year but are categorized as C) and Duchene is 6th. it's not that Little is bad, it's that if you move a 1st do it for a legit upgrade over him.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Because it means literally nothing what they say.
Media analysts also say, "I don't necessarily see [Laine] staying in Winnipeg for a very long period of time"

Reactions: Jets 31

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Which media analysts? Does anybody really believe the Jets will win the cup with Little as a second line center on the Jets...need someone who is more of a driver than Little who is too submissive as a driver.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Little is a fine 2C but some consideration should be taken there is a legit better C available. For instance - Duchene, is putting up legit 1C numbers and can really transform your team into having 2 x 1st lines. Little is around 50th for 5v5 p/60 league-wide according to NSS (i counted 7 guys that have been playing Wing this year but are categorized as C) and Duchene is 6th. it's not that Little is bad, it's that if you move a 1st do it for a legit upgrade over him.

Why not move Little for a legit #2 Center...and throw in a pick or a petan , etc

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
We need a top six winger at the deadline, to replace Laine on Little's line. Laine is killing our second line lately. Amazing how well Little is doing given the handicap that is Laine on the wing.

Who was the handicap the previous 2 seasons when Laine was scoring all the goals and this past 3 months before December????

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Why not move Little for a legit #2 Center...and throw in a pick or a petan , etc
not sure what you mean? he has produced at a legit #2C rate this year (both in totals and efficiency). if we can traded him id consider another "1C" to play on the 2nd line

Reactions: rubikscube

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
If they go out and get another center to play 2C, do people prefer playing Little with Lowry or just bumping Lowry down and putting Little as 3C?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Bryan deserves a stretch of games with some more dependable players. Give him Wheeler or Schiefele or Lowry or Copp for a few just to give him a break.
:laugh:
He's played with first or second year players a lot the past few seasons.

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Bryan deserves a stretch of games with some more dependable players. Give him Wheeler or Schiefele or Lowry or Copp for a few just to give him a break.
:laugh:
He's played with first or second year players a lot the past few seasons.

I did suggest some months ago playing Little with Scheifele and Wheeler, would make more sense if Jets traded for another center and it would spread the wealth on the roster.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If they go out and get another center to play 2C, do people prefer playing Little with Lowry or just bumping Lowry down and putting Little as 3C?

I'd bump him down. Hypothetically if we get Duchene I'd go.

Connor/Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ehlers/Connor - Duchene - Laine
Perreault - Little - Roslovic
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

That is two very explosive offensive lines that would be havoc to defend and two very dependable defensive lines that are good at cycling, winning faceoffs and applying pressure. Have Lemieux and Appleton in the PB for injuries. We could roll 4 lines with relative ease and are equipped to deal with any situation or matchups thrown at us.

Reactions: behemolari

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Copp - Lowry - Tanev

That is two very explosive offensive lines that would be havoc to defend and two very dependable defensive lines that are good at cycling, winning faceoffs and applying pressure. Have Lemieux and Appleton in the PB for injuries. We could roll 4 lines with relative ease and are equipped to deal with any situation or matchups thrown at us.

Yeh you def bump them down. If Little and Lowry are your 3rd and 4th center, you have the deepest centers in the league.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
If they get out a Duchene .

Little and Lowry will center 2 different lines.
But if the games on the line in the playoffs.

And they need to shut it down.

I see

Copp Lowry Little as the 3rd line to shutdown towards the end of the game.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
If they get out a Duchene .

Little and Lowry will center 2 different lines.
But if the games on the line in the playoffs.

And they need to shut it down.

I see

Copp Lowry Little as the 3rd line to shutdown towards the end of the game.

That would be interesting late in a game.

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland

Copp - Lowry - Tanev

I'd bump him down too, while a Perreault Lowry Little would be a killer line I don't like the idea of Tanev without Lowry. Only reason why I would even consider playing them together is that Lowry could get more minutes but I suppose that's something you can just work around.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Who was the handicap the previous 2 seasons when Laine was scoring all the goals and this past 3 months before December????

Two years ago. Goaltending was a handicap and lhd. Last year there was no real player handicap, but coaching utilization decisions and inability to make proper adjustments was a handicap.

You put four question marks but I have the same answer for each so just read my answer 4 times.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
He's good but he's not better than Little .

Maybe he isn't, but maybe he is. We don't really know. All we know Copp has done very well in the bottom-6, but then again when Little "got" to play bottom-6 last season, he also did very well. Copp could very well be a better fit though - the 2nd line has looked bad all season long except for that November, and during the very short stint Copp centered Ehlers and Laine last season, it looked great. IF (and that's a big if) Ehlers/Connor - Copp - Laine could really be a thing, that would be huge for the Jets - it could make both top and bottom-6 stronger.

It's a tall ask but IMO Copp has earned a look.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Copp needs more attention, he's a stud.
Copp is a bottom 6 player that's it. If copp plays with laine it will be on the bottom 6. Anybody that thinks the team would cut littles minutes in half by moving copp to 2nd line to get laine going are fooling themselves. Best thing they can do is get a winger for little at trade deadline and play them with ehlers / connor. Laine needs to move down the line up. Laine on 3rd line is best option. Either that or start pulling his own weight on 2nd line. He should be scoring 70 points a year with Hendricks as his centre.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad