Not open for further replies.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Little?
He is too old!
He can't keep up!
He's holding Laine back!
He's fallen off the cliff!
He's only a shadow of the player he once was!

Did I miss any?

He is tied for 37th spot for points by centers so far this year so he is not only a bona fide 2C, he is much closer to the 1C than the 3C with excellent defensive awareness.
He has more points than Schenn, Kadri, Karlsson and Getzlaf to name a few.
Two points less than Kopitar and 3 less than Staal.
He is a bona fide 2C.

can't make a simplest creative play to help his linemates

Reactions: Ippenator

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
You mean linemate don’t you.

Yeh I think he misspoke. ;)

EDIT: Just to elaborate, any blame on Little for Laine’s play has gone out the window when you look at the fact that for nearly 20 games now, Little is at about a point per game. Rather impressive all things considered. Makes you wonder about his numbers if Laine wasn’t in a slump.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeh I think he misspoke. ;)

EDIT: Just to elaborate, any blame on Little for Laine’s play has gone out the window when you look at the fact that for nearly 20 games now, Little is at about a point per game. Rather impressive all things considered. Makes you wonder about his numbers if Laine wasn’t in a slump.

I believe:

Most things in life aren't black and white and this 2nd line challenge has layers

Little and Laine don't have the best chemistry

Little is a really solid 2nd line center who is quietly putting together a good season again.

PMo could be doing a better job looking for solutions but the team is cruising to a playoff spot and coaches don't tend to f*** with a winning hand.

Nothing looks worse that a pure goal scorer in the mother of all slumps

Laine owns the biggest part of his challenge and he needs to fight through it AND HE WILL

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
McKenzie now reporting jets going hard for stone. meaning they they are not unhappy with little. no guarantee if they got a centre that laine was going to play better with a new centre. if they get him then it looks like laine might get put on 3rd. ehlers and kc look to stay on top 6.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Stastny has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt little is not even close to being a 2nd line center...defensively is or should be on the 3rd line, and has no offensive side other than laine assists on his goals, will little even break 20 goals this season?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Stastny has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt little is not even close to being a 2nd line center...defensively is or should be on the 3rd line, and has no offensive side other than laine assists on his goals, will little even break 20 goals this season?
With the way Laine is playing right now , if Little gets 20 goals it will be a miracle . But to answer your question , yes i think Little will score 20 .

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
if laine keeps setting little up as he has been doing

and the reason statsny was traded for was little is not a center line center

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
can't make a simplest creative play to help his linemates

He is a point a game since Christmas stuck with the anchor Laine!! Imagine he had a real top 6 winger there instead. You can not way a word about Little with the absolute joke Laine has been

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
if laine keeps setting little up as he has been doing

and the reason statsny was traded for was little is not a center line center
:facepalm: Really ? if you think Little isn't a 2nd line center i don't think you are watching all the games , or haven't been watching Little long enough .

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario

Laine setting up Little? You are delusional. Step off the Laine fan club bandwagon. He has been useless and it is on him. He watched Little and Roslovic do all the work,
He stands there and does absolutly nothing. Little is about to catch him in points. Laine played PP1 all year until recently we well. Laine is holding back Little at this point

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
It's going to be rough in a few years finding a replacement for little when it comes to determining which fans know their stuff and which don't.

Reactions: Duke749

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Little is closer to a 1st line talent than he is a 3rd line talent.

He's an upper-echelon second line center. Good god, some people need to give the Little hate a rest.

"Little can't even skate circles around the other team's players and give Laine wide open shots from his office!" Well no kidding..

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
You mean linemate don’t you.
tenor.gif

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Why isn't Little playing center?
Is he hurt or something?

I don't think he's hurt. (that was last year)
If Hayes is going to play with Ehlers / Connor (or Laine) then you only have 2 choices for Little.
Move him to 4C where he won't get enough ice time or push him to the wing with Lowry.
Little started his career as a RW and played some there last year in the playoffs.

He's taken plenty of faceoffs while playing RW with Lowry.
It's pretty smart to have their 2 best faceoff guys (opposite strong sides) together on the shutdown line.
Maurice probably thought that Little wouldn't get as much ice time as he would want to give them on the 4th and decided to push him to RW to keep him in the top 9.

Copp's been pretty good at 4C and MP and JR seem to have some chemistry with him.
Aside from last game that trio has looked pretty impressive recently.

People can call for Lowry's line to be the 4th line all they want but as long as a game is close or we are protecting a lead the Lowry line will see basically 2nd line minutes. Placing a former 1C on that line isn't a bad thing.

My favorite part of the delusional Little is poisoning Laine posts above was the "and the reason statsny was traded for was little is not a center line center"

He's not a center line center?
Who is?
;)

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just thought when Little came back after the stick to the face , it was amazing he could breathe . Guy comes back with both nostrils packed , skating is hard enough when you can breathe out of both your mouth and nose . :laugh:

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Center line center: Imagine a complex plane where its origin is placed to the center point of central zone. Then take a little player (about size of a garden gnome) from Jets line 2.5 and put him stand to that spot. Do not move the guy during morning practice or games, but you can turn him counter clock wise to get values 1, i, -1. -i about one unit from the spot every 90-degrees by looking to a direction of this little center line center's nose. Neat, isn't it. :sarcasm:

Then, let's go to a chemistry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad