Bryan Bickell

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Bickell has been terrible this year. This is a fact. Does he still have one more run left in him? I think he does but I have major doubts that we will see it.

Is he actually healthy?

Can he still snap it off like he used to?

Is he willing to put it all out there or is he DRose 2.0?

Can he put it back together?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\

Bickell has been terrible this year. This is a fact. Does he still have one more run left in him? I think he does but I have major doubts that we will see it.
As do I, but it certainly would be nice to see now, not later with another team.

Is he actually healthy? Still questionable in my mind ... if he was healthy earlier in the season (which he claimed) why was it that he couldn't even stay on his feet? Hopefully that's no longer the case or he will play one game and that'll be it.

Can he still snap it off like he used to? Early in the year he couldn't. In RFD he got a fair amount of PP time and that accounted for quite a few of his goals down there. He is unlikely to get any PP time in Chicago.

Is he willing to put it all out there? Yes. That is something we will see (no matter how it is perceived by some here) .... but it may not be enough.

Can he put it back together? I'd like to see Q give him a decent amount of ice time to give him that (last) chance.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Gooner

Feb 21, 2016
Munich
Nope. Might be in that but that is not what I am refering too. This movie is much older than that movie.
Isn't it in the self-interview from the Talking Heads singer? David Bryne or smth like that? Is that part of a movie? My Dad sent me that video a few months back, I only remembered the hairdo quote and "It's like 60 minutes on acid."

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Isn't it in the self-interview from the Talking Heads singer? David Bryne or smth like that? Is that part of a movie? My Dad sent me that video a few months back, I only remembered the hairdo quote and "It's like 60 minutes on acid."

You are correct.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
/\

As do I, but it certainly would be nice to see now, not later with another team.

Is he actually healthy? Still questionable in my mind ... if he was healthy earlier in the season (which he claimed) why was it that he couldn't even stay on his feet? Hopefully that's no longer the case or he will play one game and that'll be it.

Can he still snap it off like he used to? Early in the year he couldn't. In RFD he got a fair amount of PP time and that accounted for quite a few of his goals down there. He is unlikely to get any PP time in Chicago.

Is he willing to put it all out there? Yes. That is something we will see (no matter how it is perceived by some here) .... but it may not be enough.

Can he put it back together? I'd like to see Q give him a decent amount of ice time to give him that (last) chance.

Just stop.

As a number of us observed at the time, Bickell's contract was bad at the time he signed it.

Bickell doesn't have the skill to be a permanent player in the NHL...this means he has to constantly compensate in other ways. We can all argue about while he was become unable to 'compensate' for the last year or so...but however you want to characterize it, he's not longer an NHL player.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Do you guys remember Bickell scoring the tying goal against Boston? Everyone on this board was ready to give him a big deal.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If only he could be given a chance I think he'd be real motivated next time.

Gooner

Feb 21, 2016
Munich
I recall one instance where he put a wrister wide, he got some real velocity behind that shot and I thought to myself that maybe there's still a good player somewhere in there. But he was almost completely invisible over 60 minutes, you just cannot play like that with your NHL career on the line. I really hope we can offload him in the offseason.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I recall one instance where he put a wrister wide, he got some real velocity behind that shot and I thought to myself that maybe there's still a good player somewhere in there. But he was almost completely invisible over 60 minutes, you just cannot play like that with your NHL career on the line. I really hope we can offload him in the offseason.

I remember exactly what you're talking about. I can honestly say I diddnt notice him at all outside of that.

pmm23

Jan 17, 2016
I hope that was a flash of what he can bring. If he got it on net and it snuck in last night, our entire conversation today is completely different.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I remember exactly what you're talking about. I can honestly say I diddnt notice him at all outside of that.

I remember him going to the boards in the neutral zone and beating a Blues skater to the puck, he then sent a decent pass toward center ice that started an offensive charge. Not exactly a highlight reel play, but it was a net positive, showed some "I give a damn" effort to beat the other guy to a 50/50 puck...it's something I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad