Bryan Bickell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Negative value. NMC. Is no longer a zero, but actively hurting the Hawks every time he takes the ice. Easy decision for me. Eat the mistake, buy him out, and cut your losses. See ya Bickell. Enjoy the ECHL. Not a good enough skater to play in Europe.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The last guy that blew a playoff game like that never skated for the Hawks again(Campoli). I hope this goes the same way.

MFM09

May 18, 2015
The last guy that blew a playoff game like that never skated for the Hawks again(Campoli). I hope this goes the same way.

At least it wasn't game 7 is all I can say but holy moly what was he thinking maybe caught up in the moment? My 12 year old nephew knows better

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
At least it wasn't game 7 is all I can say but holy moly what was he thinking maybe caught up in the moment? My 12 year old nephew knows better

If it was just that once...maybe caught up in the moment. The problem is that Bickell has been doing that the entire season. He is just a stupid, stupid hockey player. There really is no hope for him.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
Just completely tired of the dude at this point. He can be a huge factor when he actually tries and does what he's supposed to. He just doesn't and that's the problem. Bicks is as lazy as they come and his play this year shows it. I hope that play doesn't cost them this series but it could.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
In light of the fact that Bickell himself has admitted he wont go hard in the regular season so he can save himself for the playoffs, i'd think that something more than zero goals in 15 games should be required.

...but please, tell me more about the number of hits he's registered in the playoffs. i'm always entertained when people post that stat.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Man, quite a few people have really changed their minds.

But not all of us. ;)

The issue was and is many people had a fundamental misunderstanding of who was actually producing the offense reflected in Bickel's point totals. It's very similar to the failings of people who overestimate the value of Corsi etc. You gotta look deeper, and deeper VERY quickly showed Bickell being carried by either Toews, Kane, or both. His OWN game produces very little of anything which is why he does so poorly away from Hawks superstars.

Yhere is no special training required to become a GM. Bowman is just a man, and he misread Bickell.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
But not all of us. ;)

The issue was and is many people had a fundamental misunderstanding of who was actually producing the offense reflected in Bickel's point totals. It's very similar to the failings of people who overestimate the value of Corsi etc. You gotta look deeper, and deeper VERY quickly showed Bickell being carried by either Toews, Kane, or both. His OWN game produces very little of anything which is why he does so poorly away from Hawks superstars.

Yhere is no special training required to become a GM. Bowman is just a man, and he misread Bickell.

Yup, you were all over it in real time. Good job.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I got duped into thinking he would actually put forth an honest effort and build upon that run.

Man was I ****ing wrong.

You were not alone.

btw not enough usage of the word duped nowadays nor behoove. Neither word can be replaced by another word and have quite the same meaning and flavor.

Nothingman*

Would Carcillo be any worse to replace him with at this point?

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Would Carcillo be any worse to replace him with at this point?

Probably not and neither would Hartman at this point.

If Q is true to his word that "we just worry about winning this game", then a change must be made.

It would make Bickell unmoveable if it happens. The playoff beast benched?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I got duped into thinking he would actually put forth an honest effort and build upon that run.

Man was I ****ing wrong.

I was one of those people as well. ****** that he has turned out this way but we will be able to move him. That last play made me sick to my stomach.

mikee*

I thought Bickell played fine through the first two rounds (one or two stinkers but overall fine). He obviously wasn't scoring goals, but he was responsible defensively, playing physical, driving to the front of the net and at least caused some havoc and created some opportunities.

He has done nothing in this series. His defense has still been okay, but not as good (he isn't backchecking as hard), and other than a couple of flashes he hasn't made an impact in the offensive end. Definitely disappointing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At this point a buyout might be only hope for Hawks to rid themselves of him and his contract

Hawkscap put the buyout cap hits over next 4 years at

1M
1M
1.5M
1.5M

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
At this point a buyout might be only hope for Hawks to rid themselves of him and his contract

Hawkscap put the buyout cap hits over next 4 years at

1M
1M
1.5M
1.5M

Some one will take his deal. Teams obsess over size and potential. I mean Bollig got a 3rd rounder right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad