Bryan Bickell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner

Feb 21, 2016
Munich
Mashinter is better than Bickell.....
He really isn't. I don't mind Bickell as the 13th forward for the playoffs, if he ends up playing well, great, if he doesn't, who cares. His ceiling is certainly higher than Mashinter's or Rasmussen's.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, but cost is meaningless at this point. Bickell is better, just not much better.

The nice thing is that Bickell's ceiling is significantly higher. He CAN be a big difference-maker... just never really has been since the PO's when he earned his contract.

Mashinter, well... we just know he isn't going to be any kind of difference maker. He's awful.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Idk how anyone diddnt see this coming. They'll give him a game or two to see if he can hack it and has his playoff game back but most likely he's here as a black ace. There's no point in Bicks being in Rockford for the playoffs. Let the kids get some pro playoff experience.

Yup. Best case Bickell plays well enough on the 4th line he can actually be traded this offseason with Hawks retaining less than the buyout. Worse case he sucks still and is scratched.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
C'mon, one last dose of the 2013 Edition of Playoff Bickell, please.

I hope he's over his vertigo issues. If not, and he tries to save his career by going out and hitting everything he can, I'd hate to seem him get hurt again/more hurt.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
I think this is just an early start on the "black aces" call ups. I don't expect him to play unless the Columbus game is meaningless or there are a couple injuries.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I hope he's over his vertigo issues. If not, and he tries to save his career by going out and hitting everything he can, I'd hate to seem him get hurt again/more hurt.

If he's not over his vertigo issues, then he's screwing us by not going on ltir.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I feel like this exact quote was said the last time he was called up

It probably was. And if I recall correctly, he was just that for a few games. The Hawks probably know his energized play will only last so long...so they called him up at a time to get the most impact from that, until he decides to get lazy again.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
1704050871_4648871665001_Bickell.jpg

The odd thing is he's been pretty bad his last 13 or so games in Rockford, at least production wise.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I don't hate the move. With all the injuries we're having right now, it's a good time to check to see if Bickell's claims of his vertigo (or whatever the hell it is) being gone is legit.

If he's relatively healthy, I could see him possibly playing like he did in the 2014 playoffs (I think expecting a repeat performance of 2013 is asking too much). If he's not healthy, he sits. Win-win.

And if he does well in the playoffs (a big if), I could see Bowman being able to move that contract this summer. Trade him to a bottom feeder (Leafs, Canucks) with an asset (McNeill?). Those teams eventually trade him to a cup contender with salary retained for a decent return.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It probably was. And if I recall correctly, he was just that for a few games. The Hawks probably know his energized play will only last so long...so they called him up at a time to get the most impact from that, until he decides to get lazy again.

Give it up with the lazy talk. He is desperate to get back in the NHL. Whatever it is that's affected him was never that despite all the ignorance around here.

Assuming he plays tomorrow of course, I wonder who will be the first Blues' player he smokes? Now I wish Backes was dressing.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

The laziness kicked right in after the hit on Buff in the first period of his first game back.

Give it up with the lazy talk. He is desperate to get back in the NHL. Whatever it is that's affected him was never that despite all the ignorance around here.

Lol.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Assuming he plays tomorrow of course, I wonder who will be the first Blues' player he smokes? Now I wish Backes was dressing.

It is unreal how much you talk up Bickell (a useless player), and how much crap you give Kruger (a very useful player). What gives Bobby? Is it because Bickell is a big Canadian kid that sometimes hits? and Kruger is a Euro who doesn't hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad