Post-Game Talk: Brutal, Jets lose 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Button slant always jives with the market he is talking to, that's how he stays in business
Saying he hates the Winnipeg Jets is not slanting his take to the market. If he hates the Jets then f*** him dont ever put him on a Jets game again. Ive never heard a national media person go on TV/Radio and say they hate a team before.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We’ll need a coach with the moxie to move him down. Wheeler as an enormous ego and will resist not being front and center.

Your exactly right, and that's a big concern, and that's why I mentioned attitude in my post. We will need a coach with the moxy to "be the boss", and get the respect of all players, including guys like Wheeler. An NFL coach like Bill Parcells would be ideal, or even a guy like Daryl Sutter. They are the boss, no matter how much a player makes.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Saying he hates the Winnipeg Jets is not slanting his take to the market. If he hates the Jets then f*** him dont ever put him on a Jets game again. Ive never heard a national media person go on TV/Radio and say they hate a team before.
Yesterday was the first time I've ever said that I hate this team. It doesn't mean that I will always hate the Winnipeg Jets, I just hate the current iteration of the Jets. I think that's what Button is saying here and I'm for it. Blind fanaticism is weird to me. As a Winnipegger I have a heavy predisposition towards liking the Jets and they will continue to be my favorite team and I'll keep watching them but I'm not going to sit here and talk about how much I love them and how great they are while they continue to be a clown show. They need to feel pressure to make changes, if that includes Button calling out how much of a joke they are then fine. Been 4+ years now of not only the same problems, but continuing to lean into and/or never addressing those problems hoping that that'll somehow make them not problems anymore. So here, as a huge fan, as somebody who donated to the Jets 1.0, as somebody who was on cloud nine for months after hearing about their return, as somebody who watches the farm team and prospects regularly: I hate this team. It needs to be fixed. They need to start feeling pressure to fix it. To those who'll say "it's fans like you that will get this team relocated", no, it's the blind fanatics who won't hold the team accountable until they're putting out such a piss poor product that not even they can support it anymore, and by then the team will be so far gone that it won't be fixable anymore.

This team's in the entertainment industry. It's the service they provide. If they're not delivering on that service they need to be called out on it.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Yesterday was the first time I've ever said that I hate this team. It doesn't mean that I will always hate the Winnipeg Jets, I just hate the current iteration of the Jets. I think that's what Button is saying here and I'm for it. Blind fanaticism is weird to me. As a Winnipegger I have a heavy predisposition towards liking the Jets and they will continue to be my favorite team and I'll keep watching them but I'm not going to sit here and talk about how much I love them and how great they are while they continue to be a clown show. They need to feel pressure to make changes, if that includes Button calling out how much of a joke they are then fine. Been 4+ years now of not only the same problems, but continuing to lean into and/or never addressing those problems hoping that that'll somehow make them not problems anymore. So here, as a huge fan, as somebody who donated to the Jets 1.0, as somebody who was on cloud nine for months after hearing about their return, as somebody who watches the farm team and prospects regularly: I hate this team. It needs to be fixed. They need to start feeling pressure to fix it. To those who'll say "it's fans like you that will get this team relocated", no, it's the blind fanatics who won't hold the team accountable until they're putting out such a piss poor product that not even they can support it anymore, and by then the team will be so far gone that it won't be fixable anymore.

This team's in the entertainment industry. It's the service they provide. If they're not delivering on that service they need to be called out on it.
somehow the man in charge of it all remains unscathed...

Reactions: Jets 31

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013

You are a fan of the team, he is a paid member of the media. There is a big difference between a fan going online and saying they hate the team and a member of the media going on a tv/radio show that is carried nationally and saying they hate a team they cover regularly as a job.

You also dont seem to have a clue about the context of these comments.

It wasn't a recent comment he made about the current state of the team, he made this comment during the playoffs last year. He made the comment unprompted while discussing how much he didn't like Scheifele's comments after he was suspended for hitting Evans, his comment had nothing to do with the Jets play this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Didn't watch the game, won't watch any more this year.

Our window was open for about .2 seconds and we blew a fart through it before it closed.

I can't see myself being a big fan of this club until they start moving this roster in new hockey. We have to decide what type of team are we and get a coach to put in systems we can work with.

Jets are boring and I'm sad.
When you watch a jets game . There is less hitting. It’s slower and less intense as well . It’s like the jets use the slowest setting on NHL 22 and the rest of the league is at the highest.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
You are a fan of the team, he is a paid member of the media. There is a big difference between a fan going online and saying they hate the team and a member of the media going on a tv/radio show that is carried nationally and saying they hate a team they cover regularly as a job.
I mean, he's embarrassingly positive about this team 99% of the time. You don't think him being that direct and having that big of a swing in tone was to drive home the point that they need to get their shit together? Media professionals are listened to a lot more than me on a hockey forum. If you're only going to hire media that says everything is perf why would the team make and changes? Honestly this and him calling out the coaches are the first two times I've actually liked Craig Button.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I mean, he's embarrassingly positive about this team 99% of the time. You don't think him being that direct and having that big of a swing in tone was to drive home the point that they need to get their shit together? Media professionals are listened to a lot more than me on a hockey forum. If you're only going to hire media that says everything is perf why would the team make and changes? Honestly this and him calling out the coaches are the first two times I've actually liked Craig Button.
The conversation had nothing to do with the Jets play on the ice, it was a conversation about the Mark Scheifele suspension. He said he didn't like Mark Scheifeles take on the suspension then went off about how much he hates the Jets which was the clip posted here. He said nothing about the way they play so no I dont have any reason to think he was talking about the team on the ice.

You are assuming he was talking about their play, when if you listen to the entire conversation and the way he goes off about hating the team it sounds a lot more like him saying he hates the team in general.

And at no point have I defended this shit team or the way they have played this year, I have been saying for months that Lowry is a shit coach and that most of these players have their heads up their asses and dont care.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
When you watch a jets game . There is less hitting. It’s slower and less intense as well . It’s like the jets use the slowest setting on NHL 22 and the rest of the league is at the highest.

The Jets are 13th in the league with 23.65 hits per 60. Of the top 5 teams in the league by points, 3 are below the Jets in hits per 60.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
The Jets are 13th in the league with 23.65 hits per 60. Of the top 5 teams in the league by points, 3 are below the Jets in hits per 60.
I do love lots of hits and so do the fans in the stands, but I wonder what the breakdown of hits below our goal line would be. Our smaller D have to play a quick in and out retrieval game. A strong forecheck will often lead to giveaways. Nothing slows down oncoming speed like the threat of bone jarring contact.

I understand the reason we play this way, but this style of play makes me miss those days where Buff would say, Oh no, after you my friend, on the puck retrieval, and then demolish the offensive player up against the boards. I would like to see more of that game from Stanley. What's the point of his size if he continues to lose puck battles against smaller faster players. Dillon will do this occasionally, but it must be exhausting when you're the only punishing physical threat on the backend.

Reactions: Potential

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I would much rather watch a team like the Red Wings who are losing, but playing exciting hockey and have exciting prospects to watch.

We also have exciting prospects, but one is injured and the other doesn't get to play because ...... I don't know, the other guy is bigger??

Just give me something to cheer for.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I do love lots of hits and so do the fans in the stands, but I wonder what the breakdown of hits below our goal line would be. Our smaller D have to play a quick in and out retrieval game. A strong forecheck will often lead to giveaways. Nothing slows down oncoming speed like the threat of bone jarring contact.

I understand the reason we play this way, but this style of play makes me miss those days where Buff would say, Oh no, after you my friend, on the puck retrieval, and then demolish the offensive player up against the boards. I would like to see more of that game from Stanley. What's the point of his size if he continues to lose puck battles against smaller faster players. Dillon will do this occasionally, but it must be exhausting when you're the only punishing physical threat on the backend.
Pionk is much more physical than Stanley.

Reactions: Jets 31

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Well said and I agree 100%. We are well past the honeymoon stage. It's time for the org to admit what they have done isn't working anymore and that they need to change their approach. It's been a rough last three years watching the direction of the this team, with this year going over the edge for me. You can't fix an issue until you know there is an issue and the orgs eyes should be wide open that there us a problem.

Put a hardworking entertaining product on the ice that we saw our first 6 years here that the fans can get behind and you will get that atmosphere back.

I can't imagine Chipman is at all happy with this product either. I am hoping we see real change this offseason and that nothing organization comes back fresh and hungry.

I don't have an issue with Button or any of the media calls these guys out. Most of these media pundits went to batt for this group earlier I the year and the ayers made them a look stupid for choosing them. It's well deserved.

I hope the season ticket surveys are equally scathing in their assessment of the team.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Pretty much my exact feelings, well stated.
I’ve been supporting this team since the WHA. I can honestly say, I have never felt the same about any other iteration of the Jets, as I do about this team. This team has completely let me down as a fan, I’m actually insulted by their lack of effort and commitment.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
To be fair. With how often he has talked highly about the Jet’s and how often this team has made him look like a fool. Do you honestly blame him?

Maybe don’t overestimate them then? I mean he’s payed to talk about hockey. lol Perhaps be more knowledgeable?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Pretty much my exact feelings, well stated.
I’ve been supporting this team since the WHA. I can honestly say, I have never felt the same about any other iteration of the Jets, as I do about this team. This team has completely let me down as a fan, I’m actually insulted by their lack of effort and commitment.
Yup you nailed it. It’s one thing to lose because you don’t have the horses (the first few years of the Jets). It’s another to lose with such an embarrassing lack of effort when fans are being charged way too much of their hard earned money to watch players not seem to care.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Not terribly lovely stuff.

Jets where art thou?

Wipe up, shower up, get the detritus off, reculer pour mieux sauter.

CompetentWhisperedGalah.webp
“Reculer pour mieux sauter?” Two takes on that mes amis..”Back up to take a better jump” or..”tank”….?

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Wow, that is surprising and honestly pretty insulting.

I never would have thought this with his interactions on TSN Jets and Twitter.

F Button and I hope TSN Jets never has him on again.

Button is one of the few in the media who is super pro jets. He has always had good and positive things to say about the club and admires their scouting, and goes to bat for them more times than not.

He is not ultimately wrong in his overall message; it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know something is woefully amiss with this team.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Maybe he’ll play over Stanley hopefully. He has the special size quality that our stupid coaches love.
Hard to blame size when Heinola is worse than Stanley in many measurable statistics this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad