Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Natural stat trick

Stanley-48.07
Heinola-47.44

Check the NHL site also and they have

Stanley-47.8
Heinola-47.1

I don’t know why hockey reference is so different.

Those are pretty much the same results. In the case of similar results I'd default to the younger more upside player.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I think it's mildly amusing that prior to the Detroit game some were saying "well, if we somehow were to go on a crazy streak and win 12 in a row...maaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeee....????" and then the Jets go out and lose the very first game of those 12!! :laugh: Against a crappy team no less! Couldn't even give us one game of faint hope! lol

Jim Toth says it's not coaching (and gets in arguments on twitter about it lol). What is it then? "It's just something...there's something with the team. For them to come out and not be motivated...but I'm not saying it's the team because we all know they want to win." Guy is an absolute stump. Seriously. I mean obviously, it's not JUST coaching. But we need new coaches, There's no way we go into next season with this coaching staff.
Jim who?

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
It's the day after, and the giant Bud red light has been removed from the square.

It went off exactly once.
True North was on the hook for the electricity, so they called the Jet’s bench after Scheifele’s goal and said “that’s enough”.

I think it was Chipman who called the challenge on the disallowed goal.

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
Didn't watch the game, won't watch any more this year.

Our window was open for about .2 seconds and we blew a fart through it before it closed.

I can't see myself being a big fan of this club until they start moving this roster in new hockey. We have to decide what type of team are we and get a coach to put in systems we can work with.

Jets are boring and I'm sad.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Fans have to be willing to pay to watch a mediocre team. Otherwise we’ll lose them again.
I'm fine with a mediocre team. There will be ups and downs with any team over time.

What I'm not ok with is the team doing nothing to address problems that seem rather readily apparent. Let's call that problem "Maurice". I love him and his pressers, much as I did with Noel. But it seemed pretty clear post-Christmas of 2018-19 that the team wasn't really firing on all cylinders. They made the playoffs with great expectations, riding a very good early season and as fans we were looking forward to maybe another good run. Didn't happen. I wouldn't have gotten rid of Mau there either, but I'd be watching the trend and it continued until Mau stepped down and has continued since. Covid notwithstanding that's four seasons now we've had a pretty low GAF factor.

I have one more year on my contract. I honestly think my group will fall apart with the move away from multiyear contracts (I know that's a positive move for 90% of the STH base but not for mine) because guys in the group know they can get tickets cheaper, they know that if they can't make a game TNSE is likely selling similar seats cheaper so they can't resell, but most importantly they're really annoyed paying $125 a seat for a team that doesn't seem to care about all that much. But some guys in my group are leaving because they are unhappy with the consistent display of play and attitude by the team.

Certain players obviously do care and they are troubled by this apathy the team seems to display regularly, but it seems to be the team's defining "culture".

So my renewal depends on the off-season moves in part, but unlike many I don't think you truly need to blow it up. But those moves need to address the culture as a priority; that may include an entirely new coaching staff and a few key moves in player personnel that may be painful. Ultimately all I'm looking for is a team that shows up to play everyday and gives a F. I want players and coaches pissed off by a loss like last night, not the response we're seeing now. If that team doesn't make the playoffs but they were outcompeted I'm quite content to return. Play like last night, 75-100 foot efforts I will not support. I want to see the team win, but more importantly I want to be entertained. There's a substantial difference in being disappointed by a loss but the team showed up and played hard versus what happened yesterday. I can accept overtime losses, regular time losses, even the occasional blow out if the team isn't folding like a tent of cards and is just quite content to go to the bar afterwards.

So the effort level next year will determine my renewal. I've supported the team since 2011. I will continue to support the team if it looks like they are ready to at least try. Play at the level of a GST line or a Tanev as a team and you'll get my money. Be content losing and I'll walk.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Those are pretty much the same results. In the case of similar results I'd default to the younger more upside player.
Without looking everything up I believe CF% was the closest and there was a bit more separations in the other stats.

Just to be clear I’m not trying to say Stanley > Heinola, there is no doubt in my mind Heinola will be the better defenseman. It’s just multiple people are saying it’s ridiculous to have Stanley playing over Heinola because Stanley is horrible this season and Heinola is better, I’m just pointing out that isn’t necessary the case.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
So apparently coach Lowry just bought a house in Winnipeg.

crying-laughing.gif

Sodom outruns Gomorrah

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I get upset when a cap team looks like they could care less if they win or lose, that and a coaching staff that doesn't seem to have a clue to what they are doing . It honestly looks like our coaches say just go out and have fun guys and play pond hockey.
I agree. I have lost a lot of respect for this team. As an out of town viewer that subscribes to NHL Live, I certainly got ripped off this year (still haven’t stomached watching a full game since December).

I might not subscribe next year… or if I do, it will be on a monthly package. I am certainly less vested in the Jets than I have ever been.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
The Jets at this moment think that Stanley brings more to the game than Heinola, I'm a big Stanley fan he is who he is a 6th D man who may get better in the years to come but even I think that Heinola should be playing ahead of him. I expect minimum 3 changes to D core next year, 4 if you count Huddy

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
If I was Chipman, I'd clean house right now (actually awhile ago). Fire Chevy now and get a replacement in to watch the rest of the season so they have some chance to evaluate things other than watching tape.

I don't see any point to waiting until the summer.

Reactions: Zippity

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg

This clip is from June 10 2021. They were discussing Scheifele's response to his suspension for the hit on Evans.
Button starts at the 8:04 mark. The Overdrive crew was talking about the Scheifele suspension leading into Button coming on, so if you want to hear that just rewind a bit.
OverDrive - Hour 2 – June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad