Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Have there been any rumors connecting Bruins to OEL? I've seen some connecting him to Toronto. B's should jump on that if they can. If he goes to Toronto then that's pretty much the Division for the foreseeable future.
What is Toronto going to give for him ?. Bruins should be all in. He is worth a lot.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Have there been any rumors connecting Bruins to OEL? I've seen some connecting him to Toronto. B's should jump on that if they can. If he goes to Toronto then that's pretty much the Division for the foreseeable future.
Only team I've read that the Bruins are rumored to be connected to is the Vegas Golden Knights who had a scout at the game against the Maple Leafs on Saturday. Apart from that and rumors that the Bruins are looking for a top 9 forward, I haven't read much of anything else regarding the Bruins on the trade front.

I will also add, that if the Bruins do make a major move, we will all probably find out when it happens ala Lucic and Hamilton trades. So far in Sweeney's tenor, not much has been leaked through the media, Haggerty etc., about any specifics. We do have the pleasure of having Dom and others share what they have heard, but apart from that, any player rumored to be connected to Boston seems to come from sources that follow other teams.

Last edited:

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
I fully understand you can't get OEL for picks and prospects. I would be will g to give up to get him though. That's a legit top dman who can anchor your team for years to come. I'm also, however, someone who believes that defenseman are harder to come by then forwards. I would trade pasta for OEL and consider the team better for doing it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You people realize that we're not getting OEL with prospects + 1sts right? You're adding a legitimate NHL talent on top of picks and prospects.

Without question. Arizona need to start showing signs of improvement, or else they will end up like the Oilers did, starting rebuild #2 before rebuild #1 is over.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I feel like that's going to be the case anyway for them.

Hard to say, they seem to have a legit home-run hitter now in Keller, a guy who can pop 35-40 goals a year, and he's only a rookie.

Dylan Strome is the leading point getter among AHL rookies, so I wouldn't write him off yet.

And Chychrun hasn't played for them yet, and is a sophomore at 19 years old.

Part of their problem this season is they are being submarined by below-average goaltending. Which is an absolute killer for any team, just kills team confidence and morale.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
You people realize that we're not getting OEL with prospects + 1sts right? You're adding a legitimate NHL talent on top of picks and prospects.
So what, I give them CARLO, HEINEN, another prospect and a number one. I would give them DeBrusk instead of Heinen or even Bjork instead of both. Then i give them a number one also. CARLO, HEINEN, FREDERICK and a number one. I would do something like that if i am Sweeney. Maybe try and keep Frederick out of the deal and put JFK instead.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
So what, I give them CARLO, HEINEN, another prospect and a number one. I would give them DeBrusk instead of Heinen or even Bjork instead of both. Then i give them a number one also. CARLO, HEINEN, FREDERICK and a number one. I would do something like that if i am Sweeney. Maybe try and keep Frederick out of the deal and put JFK instead.

As generous as that is it wont work. The exercise itself requires moving nearly 5 million plus in salary off the books to fit him.
Then after giving up all these assets one better pray he can be re-signed or else you just got a 1.5 season rental.

Reactions: Strafer

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

I have no idea if that's what it would take to get OEL, but man if our pipeline is as good as some claim it is, that better be an overpay in talent. If it's not, we are in bigger trouble than I thought. OEL is excellent, but those are 4 of our top 10 future assets right? In a pipeline that is supposedly strong? That is a haul.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I don't see why we would trade for OEL. We have so many holes on this team with all the injuries, acquiring him isn't going to change that - in fact it would probably make it worse because we'd be creating additional holes in the team to fit his current contract. Add to that he's a UFA the season after next and it seems unlikely the Bruins could afford him.

People don't like to hear it because they want to see the team win, but I don't think there is much with the roster that can be done. I think we have to wait out all these injuries. The team has almost no cap space and really who wants Matt Beleskey? We need to move his contract to free up cap space.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Ok, so maybe one of them would :) No idea why he would admit that on record. I woulda been like, "Of course I tried, don't insult my intelligence!" I think Dom said there were two teams after Vegas that put in claims too (I'm sorry Dom if you didn't I must have dreamed it lol)

This line right here from that article:

“No, not particularly. Malcolm is a very talented player, but he’s not an established National Hockey League player as of right now,”

I don't see how you can take that as meaning he didn't put him out there. It means he let other teams know and there was no interest. And then explains why.

And the underlined part meaning there was no discussion because there was no interest in trading for him.

Four teams put in a claim. Vegas won the "sweepstakes". But no one was willing to give up an asset.

Sometimes you put a players name out there to gauge interest before putting him on waivers to see if he might be claimed and then go to plan B. It didn't work here, or maybe the Bruins misread the situation. By Sweeney's own admission, he had talks with GMGM before the expansion draft with Subban being one of the names brought up. The Bruins had to know there was interest from Vegas.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This line right here from that article:

“No, not particularly. Malcolm is a very talented player, but he’s not an established National Hockey League player as of right now,”

I don't see how you can take that as meaning he didn't put him out there. It means he let other teams know and there was no interest. And then explains why.

And the underlined part meaning there was no discussion because there was no interest in trading for him.

Four teams put in a claim. Vegas won the "sweepstakes". But no one was willing to give up an asset.

Sometimes you put a players name out there to gauge interest before putting him on waivers to see if he might be claimed and then go to plan B. It didn't work here, or maybe the Bruins misread the situation. By Sweeney's own admission, he had talks with GMGM before the expansion draft with Subban being one of the names brought up. The Bruins had to know there was interest from Vegas.

Right that's how I took it originally.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
So besides for scouts attending one anothers games do we know the link between Vegas and the Bruins?

Are we looking at D or to help the forward core during the injuries? A lot of UFA's to be on Vegas.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I don't know what it would cost and I admit I loathe him as much as any player in the NHL, but James Neal would sure fit like a glove on this team.

Yes I know we can't afford him and I know there's plenty of reasons they wouldn't deal him at all, let alone to us, but he'd fill a huge need for us.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don't know what it would cost and I admit I loathe him as much as any player in the NHL, but James Neal would sure fit like a glove on this team.

Yes I know we can't afford him and I know there's plenty of reasons they wouldn't deal him at all, let alone to us, but he'd fill a huge need for us.

If they get healthy and somehow securely are in a playoff position at the TDL, sure.

But, not right now.

Reactions: Ritmo

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

That's a player that I wish the B's had tried to trade for before the expansion draft. Nashville could have got something for an asset they were going to lose regardless so I can't imagine the price would have been steep. And the B's had forward spots to spare on their protection list, protecting Beleskey and Spooner.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
That's a player that I wish the B's had tried to trade for before the expansion draft. Nashville could have got something for an asset they were going to lose regardless so I can't imagine the price would have been steep. And the B's had forward spots to spare on their protection list, protecting Beleskey and Spooner.

I think when it comes to the expansion draft, if a team deals Neal for picks or prospects, they still lose someone else. The prevailing logic at tbe time I'm thinking is just take your lumps with losing a guy, instead of dealing then losing someone else off your current team.

Reactions: PlayMakers

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Beleskey was on the unprotected list

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad