Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My 4 step plan to get this team to contender status in the next 1-3 years is as follows;

1. Find a way to move Krejci in order to get his money off the books.

Then use the freed up money to make a strong offer to Tavares in the summer.

2. Tank;

Looking at every cup winner (aside from the 2010-11 Bruins) since 09-10, they all have one thing in common:

That one thing is a pair of NHL top 10 all around forward (s) and/or defenseman, drafted very high.

09-10 - Chicago - Kane/Toews
10 - 11 - Bruins
11 - 12 - Kings - Kopitar/Doughty
12-13 - Chicago - Kane/Toews
13 - 14 - Kings - Kopitar/Doughty
14 - 15 - Chicago - Kane/Toews
15 - 16 - Pittsburgh - Crosby/Malkin
16-17 - Pittsbugh - Crosby/Malkin

The goal here is to get another Pastrnak -- maybe even do better - depending on how low they finish.

3. Move a few of the prospects they have in a package for the type of player we don't currently have --- a big, skilled, tough winger, while continuing to develop the prospects that they like at the NHL/AHL level this season.

To me, Cehlarik, JFK, Senyshyn, Bjork, Donato, Debrusk, Heinen, Frederic, etc. are all very similar players. Sure some have better puck skills, some are better skaters, some are better defensively, but none is overly physical. I cannot see a scenario where every one of them is playing for the Bruins at the same time. Pick the 2-4 that they're committed to and package the rest, hopefully for a top 6 physical forward.

I'm suggesting an Anderson/Ritchie/Roussel type. Even if they need to overpay a bit.

4. Move some of the ancillary pieces like K. Miller/McQuaid/Nash/Schaller/Spooner to get picks/prospects that aren't redundant.

Looking at 2018-19 if they were able to land Tavares and get a top 3-5 pick at forward that can step into the lineup right away, plus get the physical forward I'm looking for, the lineup could look like;

Marchand - Bergeron - (Physical Forward)
First Rounder - Tavares - Pasta
Debrusk - JFK - Bjork
Whoever - Whoever - Whoever

Unlikely to happen exactly this way? Sure. However, I personally didn't think they'd land Savard and Chara a decade ago.

This time, Tavares is the absolute key. As he could make them an almost instant contender and is almost worth whatever he asks for.

I have no idea if he'd be interested in playing here --- logic says, that an original 6 franchise, staying on the east coast and playing with Bergeron/Marchand may be a draw, but who knows?

Regardless of what anyone thinks of this idea --- it kept me from doing any work at all for a good 20 minutes.

Reactions: Strafer

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Moving Krecji is nearly impossible unless you take on salary. Should have kept Seguin and traded Krecji but I should not have went down that road again.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
My 4 step plan to get this team to contender status in the next 1-3 years is as follows;

2. Tank;

Looking at every cup winner (aside from the 2010-11 Bruins) since 09-10, they all have one thing in common:

That one thing is a pair of NHL top 10 all around forward (s) and/or defenseman, drafted very high.

10 - 11 - Bruins

The goal here is to get another Pastrnak -- maybe even do better - depending on how low they finish.

3. Move a few of the prospects they have in a package for the type of player we don't currently have --- a big, skilled, tough winger, while continuing to develop the prospects that they like at the NHL/AHL level this season.

To me, Cehlarik, JFK, Senyshyn, Bjork, Donato, Debrusk, Heinen, Frederic, etc. are all very similar players. Sure some have better puck skills, some are better skaters, some are better defensively, but none is overly physical. I cannot see a scenario where every one of them is playing for the Bruins at the same time. Pick the 2-4 that they're committed to and package the rest, hopefully for a top 6 physical forward.

I'm suggesting an Anderson/Ritchie/Roussel type. Even if they need to overpay a bit.

4. Move some of the ancillary pieces like K. Miller/McQuaid/Nash/Schaller/Spooner to get picks/prospects that aren't redundant.

Looking at 2018-19 if they were able to land Tavares and get a top 3-5 pick at forward that can step into the lineup right away, plus get the physical forward I'm looking for, the lineup could look like;

Debrusk - JFK - Bjork

Unlikely to happen exactly this way? Sure. However, I personally didn't think they'd land Savard and Chara a decade ago.

This time, Tavares is the absolute key. As he could make them an almost instant contender and is almost worth whatever he asks for.

I have no idea if he'd be interested in playing here --- logic says, that an original 6 franchise, staying on the east coast and playing with Bergeron/Marchand may be a draw, but who knows?

Regardless of what anyone thinks of this idea --- it kept me from doing any work at all for a good 20 minutes.

cant tank with this many winners on the team... I supported the idea of tanking a few years ago but I also said wed have to move marchand... rask... chara... all of them

the ONLY guy I think you can keep if you are tanking is Bergeron {and maybe pastrnak}

Bergeron you keep cause when you are trying to win in 3-4-5 years hes the LEADER you want for your kids... and pastrnak honestly is the type of player that can score a lot of points and still see his team lose. a lot of bottom feeder teams have a guy that scores points.

but you cant have warriors like marchand and chara and even krecji and backes around if you want to tank because they will inspire the scrubs to play defense... cant have rask around because if the team is playing solid defense it will win too many games for a tank

its way impossible to tank now in the middle of the season with this many expensive contracts to move. better to let the guys get healthy. we are like 3 wins away from being right up in the playoffs. a healthy lineup would have won those extra 3 games imho

we are a playoff team now if our luck balances out and we can get healthy

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Moving Krecji is nearly impossible unless you take on salary. Should have kept Seguin and traded Krecji but I should not have went down that road again.

when guys like krejci hit the ufa market... the teams line up to give them 6+ mill for 6+ years...

if we want to trade him we will have partners. now the return??? who knows... we might be better off just keeping him.

certainly shouldn't be looking to trade him until we do figure out what the return might be... but trust me his contract is quite good compared to what most ufa get.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
For the record I still think they are better than last year. I've thought they lacked the NHL depth to be a contender, which is true. They also lack the depth to deal with injuries, clearly. But to be honest we have been missing 2 of our top 5 forwards and now 3 of our top 5 forwards with Marchand out. What team can survive that? Not many.

Unfortunately we have to sit here and take some L's. Just try to tread water.

Honestly have we even had a full lineup all season? You can't deny the impact Krejci has to the roster, Backes too. If Krejci isn't good the Bruins aren't good.

This is a total tinfoil theory right here but, do the team trainers have a big impact on offseaon training? Do they make the programs for the players? John Whitesides left the team last September. This offseason was the first without him and we have seen a tremendous amount of injuries. Related? :huh::popcorn:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I don't know what it would cost and I admit I loathe him as much as any player in the NHL, but James Neal would sure fit like a glove on this team.

Yes I know we can't afford him and I know there's plenty of reasons they wouldn't deal him at all, let alone to us, but he'd fill a huge need for us.

neal entices the imagination because when he is trying to be useful he actually has size and skill and can rack up points

then we need to remember cup caliber teams like Pittsburgh and Nashville find it very easy to let him leave and never really feature him as a key part of their team even when they have him

now that his production pace has returned to normal in vegas the past 10 games... he shouldn't be that hard to acquire but I wonder if he actually is worth it

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

2. Tank;

10 - 11 - Bruins

Debrusk - JFK - Bjork

I'm down for this plan.

Don't know who's going to take Krejci / Krejci will agree to go to.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'm down for this plan.

Don't know who's going to take Krejci / Krejci will agree to go to.

Yeah..that’s a tough sell.

One would think that there could be a situation that would appeal to him.

I know that it would be tough, but would he want to play where he’s not wanted and how much would he be motivated to go to a team with a legit chance to win?

Honestly have no idea about the cap situations of most teams, but looking at potential contenders, Anaheim, Philly, St. Louis, Washington, NYR, are teams that may be possibilities.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
cant tank with this many winners on the team... I supported the idea of tanking a few years ago but I also said wed have to move marchand... rask... chara... all of them

the ONLY guy I think you can keep if you are tanking is Bergeron {and maybe pastrnak}

Bergeron you keep cause when you are trying to win in 3-4-5 years hes the LEADER you want for your kids... and pastrnak honestly is the type of player that can score a lot of points and still see his team lose. a lot of bottom feeder teams have a guy that scores points.

but you cant have warriors like marchand and chara and even krecji and backes around if you want to tank because they will inspire the scrubs to play defense... cant have rask around because if the team is playing solid defense it will win too many games for a tank

its way impossible to tank now in the middle of the season with this many expensive contracts to move. better to let the guys get healthy. we are like 3 wins away from being right up in the playoffs. a healthy lineup would have won those extra 3 games imho

we are a playoff team now if our luck balances out and we can get healthy

Fair reply.

My only counter would be that if it worked out, it would only be a 1 year tank.

Next years potential lineup with Tavares, a high forward pick and whoever they can get in trade would be much improved.

So, it kind of comes down to wasting a year with this lineup struggling to make the playoffs, only to get bounced early, versus suffering through a lousy year and re-loading for the next 4-5.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Isn't he a free agent after this season?
Ahhh, he is. I thought he had one more year after this for some reason.

Do we have 9-10 million bucks per year?

If you can ditch Krejci, Spooner and Beleskey, I'd make a run at him.

Marchand - Bergeron - Bjork
Pastrnak - Tavares - DeBrusk/Backes

That could be a completely dirty top 6...

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ahhh, he is. I thought he had one more year after this for some reason.

Do we have 9-10 million bucks per year?

If you can ditch Krejci, Spooner and Beleskey, I'd make a run at him.

Marchand - Bergeron - Bjork
Pastrnak - Tavares - DeBrusk/Backes

That could be a completely dirty top 6...

If only dumping all those players were that easy. It would be a disgusting top 6 alright.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Spooner and Big Z's contracts are up this year, correct? Would you let Chara go? I'm kind of on the fence with that.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Spooner and Big Z's contracts are up this year, correct? Would you let Chara go? I'm kind of on the fence with that.

Do you mean let them go after this year in general or at the trade deadline, if the team is out of it?

Trade deadline, yes. I think you could bet a 1st or a 2nd from a team looking to sure up the defense. Chara, even at 41 years old, is still proving he can play at a high level. A team in the hunt adding him for a 3rd pairing, top PK unit.

However, I'd want him back July 1st. So if they're in the hunt, no I'm not moving him and I'd want him back. If they're out, I'd send him out for a chance at a Cup, but bring him back on a 1 year deal. If Lauzon/Zboril prove to be ready come next year, they could start on the 3rd pairing, while Chara mans the top pairing with McAvoy again. Then you kind of have a "changing of the guard" sequence where the young guys begin to take on more, while Chara takes on less. Or that doesn't happen and Chara is around to mentor all the young kids while they progress. If that makes sense.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
One would think if Tavares is moving it's gonna be to a contender. Not sure if he'd be happy coming to a new team just to tank either. Trying to win and scraping by will just end up with another middling pick tho. Kinda getting that no-man's land feeling again. Stuck in limbo.

Reactions: Estlin

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Isn't he a free agent after this season?

my bigger worry... isnt tavares a guy who has played some great hockey on teams that still suck even when hes playing great hockey?

do i believe guys like okposo and moulson were elevated into winners just because they were allowed to play with tavares?

hes as good as hes ever going to be... but is he good enough to be the center building block for a contender?

as a ufa hes going to cost at least 10. how will that feel to bergeron and marchand? if this was crosby or kopitar or toews with that resume i guess the guys would accept it... but tavares has won NOTHING.

let him go to montreal. we are committed to bergeron and we have krejci under contract and with federic, jfk, donato, studnicka all in the pipeline that gives us playoff quality depth up the middle for the next 5 years already in house.

with backes, krejci, even spooner hurt right now it might seam bleek... but center ice is a strength for this team

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Do you mean let them go after this year in general or at the trade deadline, if the team is out of it?

Trade deadline, yes. I think you could bet a 1st or a 2nd from a team looking to sure up the defense. Chara, even at 41 years old, is still proving he can play at a high level. A team in the hunt adding him for a 3rd pairing, top PK unit.

However, I'd want him back July 1st. So if they're in the hunt, no I'm not moving him and I'd want him back. If they're out, I'd send him out for a chance at a Cup, but bring him back on a 1 year deal. If Lauzon/Zboril prove to be ready come next year, they could start on the 3rd pairing, while Chara mans the top pairing with McAvoy again. Then you kind of have a "changing of the guard" sequence where the young guys begin to take on more, while Chara takes on less. Or that doesn't happen and Chara is around to mentor all the young kids while they progress. If that makes sense.

st louis did move tkchuck as a rental and brought him back... but that was quite controversial.

arizona did the same with vermett if i remember right but that was less controversial cause he sucked

ive often thought a rebuilding team should overpay vets on 1 year deal... let the vets play until deadline when they are cheapest... then trade like 10 of them to contenders for like 10 picks

but no team has ever done this... im guessing theres a reason that it gets frowned upon to mess with the integrity of the league.

if somehow we are doomed this year and dont get out of the bottom 7-8 teams by deadline id certainly ask chara how he feels.

hes earnt a chance to win if thats what he wants. id prefer to keep him though

spooner on other hand im ready to be done with. doent fit my plans for next year. nash... if anyone wanted depth... macquaid if anyones desperate for a vet dman...postma goes without saying...

it might be possible to move a couple guys for picks but i wont expect great picks

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Trade doesn’t make a lick of sense for the Kings. They the inferior player with nothing else coming back?

Oiler talk show host says he called an LA insider for info... basically got the answer camerelli wants pp time... doesnt fit a bottom 6 role... wasnt a good fit

This was about LA just wanting to move a guy.

Could he have fit here? Honestly if we can move spooner id rather have camerelli... but i dont want both

Sadly spooners hurt. Hard to move someone when they are hurt

Shows us Edmonton is active though... would we ever make a trade with edmonton? Lots of bad blood between the 2 teams. I might see them biting on spooner though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad