Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
After some thought, I think the Bruins should go heavy after McDonagh first. If the rumors that the Rangers are in sell mode.

Young enough, will be entering his prime. Ideally won't be a rental, eventually usurping Chara on left, sooner than our prospects likely.

What will it take?

Man, this is the guy I wouldn't mind seeing Don open the vault a bit for. If we rolled Chara/McAvoy McD/Carlo as a top 4, Holy COW. I'm awful at trade proposals, so I have no idea what it would take, but as long as it isn't Charlie, Carlo, Heinen DeBrusk or Bjork I'm good. Maybe Senyshyn, Zboril and a pick? Not enough?

Reactions: Strafer

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Considering Evander Kane is being touted as one of the more sought-after deadline pieces, I'm not sure there are.

Teams will be bailing Bergevin up for Max Pacioretty trying to buy low on him. Not saying the Bruins should be one of those teams, but Max has serious upside as a sniper on a line that can do the dirty work and get him the puck. More upside than Evander ****ing Kane.

Personally, (and I'm not pushing for either guy) I'd take Kane over Pacioretty. I know he's got a ton of question marks, but at least I've seen him get fired up during a game and play with passion and grit.

I'm a believer in good leadership and I think the Bruins have that in spades. I think that can help a guy like Kane because at least he seems motivated, but needs some guidance around maturity. I don't see Pacioretty suddenly becoming a guy who cares or gives 100%.

Could be wrong on both counts, and neither is a perfect option, just my perspective on the two guys.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom,

If you were the Bruins' GM, who would you go after as a top 6 RW and/or top 4 LHD that is realistic and young enough to trade for? Always enjoy your wealth of info and posts. Thx

Unfortunately I won't go there. In the past, when I've mentioned guys I'd like to see, it has been misinterpreted as me saying that is who the Bruins are going after.

That said, there has been "a couple of conversations" with the Sens since Christmas.

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017
One other name I'd poke around to see if he's available is Jesse Puljujarvi. Fits our age class and I think he'd be a great RW for Krejci.
Wouldn't overpay but then again it's PC, he'd likely take Beleskey, McQuaid, and Dr Cross

Interesting idea. PC reportedly had interest in CEHLARIK and/or VATRANO so maybe there's a fit.

Bauer3000

Oct 19, 2006
Unfortunately I won't go there. In the past, when I've mentioned guys I'd like to see, it has been misinterpreted as me saying that is who the Bruins are going after.

That said, there has been "a couple of conversations" with the Sens since Christmas.

As always thank you for the information

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005

Thx for responding to me Dom :)

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I was thinking either someone in Arizona like Domi, dvorak, or Fischer. Or in Detroit with Athanasiou, mantha, Larkin, or (a little older) nyquist.

Finding a D would be tougher but maybe Brodin, Haydn fleury, josh Manson, cam Fowler. Not sure though about availability on any of those guys.

Kind of fit the mold though

According to "My NHL trade rumors" site here is a list of possible players who may be up for trade. NHL Rumors: Top Trade Bait, and the New York Rangers

Besides my favorite acquisition being a trade for Ryan Mcdonagh, and also from the Rangers LHD Nick Holden is supposedly available. I'm also curious about David Perron from VGK (shoots Right but plays LW?) I don't know much about either just what I've read, anyone?

Last edited:
Reactions: veganbruin

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I just hope if we do something it's to upgrade that 2nd line RW. I think Spooner is good, but better suited for 3rd line C duty.
People who don't think we're legit contenders at this point are crazy. WE've seen what Bergeron does to opposing superstars when matched up.
I'll take Marshy-Bergy-Pasta all day/everyday against Kucherov/Stamkos/Point. I'd also take Rask over Vasilevsky and our dcore over theirs.
If Krejci can get a top RW, I think that makes us favorites in the East, but I'm known to be biased as well.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I just hope if we do something it's to upgrade that 2nd line RW. I think Spooner is good, but better suited for 3rd line C duty.
People who don't think we're legit contenders at this point are crazy. WE've seen what Bergeron does to opposing superstars when matched up.
I'll take Marshy-Bergy-Pasta all day/everyday against Kucherov/Stamkos/Point. I'd also take Rask over Vasilevsky and our dcore over theirs.
If Krejci can get a top RW, I think that makes us favorites in the East, but I'm known to be biased as well.
Agree an improvement to the second line,would definitely make the Bruins a favourite in the east.Assuming key players are healthy obviously.

Reactions: Dizzay

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
I would love to see a trade centered around charlie coyle. i think he would be a big body with a scoring touch that is needed for second line duties. i know he isnt having a great year, but still a good year.. i would much rather send spooner and prospect to minny than i would ottawa.
spooner, vatrano & ogara for coyle and a 5th?

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
im still going to bang the pavel zacha drum hard as well. get him in and pasta back together . high talent top six centerman for years to come . help spread the offense out.
spooner , vatrano, zboril enough?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Ok crazy I know, but just for fun lets go big with trades, 5 to be exact.

McQuaid to whomever for a 3rd rd pick. (clears space for next year)

Spooner to Ottawa for Pageau

Czarnik and Johannsson to Buffalo for Gorges (adds a vet depth who is UFA I believe)

Zboril, Vatrano and 2nd rd pick to Rangers for Rick Nash

Krejci, Krug, Senyshen and Lindgren to Islanders for Tavares, DeHaan and minor leaguer.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ok crazy I know, but just for fun lets go big with trades, 5 to be exact.

McQuaid to whomever for a 3rd rd pick. (clears space for next year)

Spooner to Ottawa for Pageau

Czarnik and Johannsson to Buffalo for Gorges (adds a vet depth who is UFA I believe)

Zboril, Vatrano and 2nd rd pick to Rangers for Rick Nash

Krejci, Krug, Senyshen and Lindgren to Islanders for Tavares, DeHaan and minor leaguer.

None of these trades are appealing. The Rangers deal is horrendous. Zboril + 2nd for a broken down Rick Nash who is UFA.

De Haan is out injured. Krejci isn't waiving his NMC to leave. Tavares and De Haan could just leave in a year and then you're left with nothing.

You traded some big pieces for rentals; something Boston isn't going to do.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
None of these trades are appealing. The Rangers deal is horrendous. Zboril + 2nd for a broken down Rick Nash who is UFA.

De Haan is out injured. Krejci isn't waiving his NMC to leave. Tavares and De Haan could just leave in a year and then you're left with nothing.

You traded some big pieces for rentals; something Boston isn't going to do.
I should have included that Tavares would be signed with the Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad