Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

@Gee Wally I am biting my tongue. Or in this case, fingers. Maybe @BruinsNetwork has a thought on this

Perhaps I might actually be of some assistance, for once, Dom.

For those asking: In regards to Cehlarik and EDM— yes, they had some interest in him a couple of months ago, along with Heinen. Now listen, guys— I’m not here to debate the credibility of others or argue about politics in hockey media, but this is one report that I trust. Obviously, nothing came to fruition though and any “talks” were quick & brief in nature. I don’t think it was ever a long conversation or something that was revisited.

As for Cehlarik, I can confirm to you all that I myself have heard he was drawing “high” league interest. I tweeted something along the lines of that a few months ago, when it was passed along my way. Last night during the intermission of the Bruins game, Bob McKenzie alluded to a similar subject— that teams have tried & failed to get prospects from the Bruins. These prospects are all young, nhl-ready, skilled and cap-controlled for the next few years. This is what teams are looking for, NHL-ready forwards who have proven they can play in the AHL and can make the jump to the next level. The Bruins have that in bunches.

Reactions: Dom - OHL

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
Perhaps I might actually be of some assistance, for once, Dom.

For those asking: In regards to Cehlarik and EDM— yes, they had some interest in him a couple of months ago, along with Heinen. Now listen, guys— I’m not here to debate the credibility of others or argue about politics in hockey media, but this is one report that I trust. Obviously, nothing came to fruition though and any “talks” were quick & brief in nature. I don’t think it was ever a long conversation or something that was revisited.

As for Cehlarik, I can confirm to you all that I myself have heard he was drawing “high” league interest. I tweeted something along the lines of that a few months ago, when it was passed along my way. Last night during the intermission of the Bruins game, Bob McKenzie alluded to a similar subject— that teams have tried & failed to get prospects from the Bruins. These prospects are all young, nhl-ready, skilled and cap-controlled for the next few years. This is what teams are looking for, NHL-ready forwards who have proven they can play in the AHL and can make the jump to the next level. The Bruins have that in bunches.

Thanks for the info! I've got mixed emotions on the prospects. I certainly don't want to see Sweeney give them away for rentals, but what McKenzie said is true, you simply can't play them all. If the right deal comes around (I've been pining for McD from the Rangers) I hope Don jumps on the deal..

Reactions: Strafer

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Back before our 2011 Cup run, I remember adamantly advocating that we pick up Rex and was so glad that the Bs did. For some reason, right or wrong, I'm getting the same vibe this year about Thomas Vanek.

Reactions: Silva

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Lawrence, I say we DON'T load up on rentals and let the team experience the ride... even if it's disappointment. Let them learn and yearn.... aka 2010 led to 2011.
The long term yield with the kids is too good imo.
I agree to a point Ranold. In 2009 the Bruins added Mark Recchi at the deadline, They also added Dennis Seidenberg before the 2011 season. Those were 2 gigantic pieces of the 2011 cup team. I think the bruins should make those type of deals if they are at a good price and make sense for long term and not a rental.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I would love to see a trade centered around charlie coyle. i think he would be a big body with a scoring touch that is needed for second line duties. i know he isnt having a great year, but still a good year.. i would much rather send spooner and prospect to minny than i would ottawa.
spooner, vatrano & ogara for coyle and a 5th?

if coyle does become available... he checks a lot of the boxes as far as the type of forward I think could fit here. don't see much reason for Minnesota to do the deal unless they feel they are getting overpayment though and I don't think he's worth breaking the bank for

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
Using Dom's statement that we could add 5.2 M in salary today and still be compliant - I would explore adding both McDonagh and Zuccarello provided the Rangers take back salary to go with some great prospects and players that could step into their lineup now.

Salary dump: Belesky (we retain the 3rd year worth of money), Spooner & (stop, wait a minute Mr) Postma, who could play now for them.
Prospects: Zboril, Studnicka & Cehlarik
2nd round pick

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Using Dom's statement that we could add 5.2 M in salary today and still be compliant - I would explore adding both McDonagh and Zuccarello provided the Rangers take back salary to go with some great prospects and players that could step into their lineup now.

Salary dump: Belesky (we retain the 3rd year worth of money), Spooner & (stop, wait a minute Mr) Postma, who could play now for them.
Prospects: Zboril, Studnicka & Cehlarik
2nd round pick

Something in there might get you Zucarello but you're not anywhere near McDonough

Legit deadline D men go for insane prices. And he's signed for another year. McDonough is a top pairing Dman. We'd need to offer either our first or Carlo (or both) to be taken seriously IMO.

That being said, Rangers would be stupid to trade him.

Zuccurello I'd take a note on. I could see him being a good contributer here.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
My offer for McDonagh in the trade board was 3 prospects not in the nhl currently and the 1st. Top prospects, not steen and Hughes and players like that. Zboril, frederic, jfk, donato, bjork, senyshyn, lauzon, vaakananien, studnicka, etc. see how many top prospects we have not even counting mcavoy debrusk and heinen. We can afford to peel some off if it means getting a top pair dman

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
We don't really need another leader. We have a good handful of them already.

I agree with you in that he is soft and lazy at times and he definitely isn't captain and probably not even A material, but he wouldn't have to be.

Not really advocating getting Max Pacioretty either though. I just think he will pile up the goals on a team where he doesn't have that extra captain responsibility and all that pressure on his shoulders.
In other words, he could be for the team that acquires him what Kessel has been for the Pens.

Reactions: jdz

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Thanks for the info! I've got mixed emotions on the prospects. I certainly don't want to see Sweeney give them away for rentals, but what McKenzie said is true, you simply can't play them all. If the right deal comes around (I've been pining for McD from the Rangers) I hope Don jumps on the deal..

I think we all (myself included) need to get comfortable with the fact that the Bruins are likely to move somebody that ends up being a good player in the NHL, probably for a guy who won't be here longer than 18 months or so.

The trick is for that 18 month guy to be a big part of a successful cup run (or 2?). It's kind of like the draft. I know a lot of people are lamenting missing out on Barzal, which is certainly sensible, but the fact remains that in just about every round of every single draft, any team you root for ends up taking a guy who isn't as good as a guy who was selected later in that round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
We don't really need another leader. We have a good handful of them already.

I agree with you in that he is soft and lazy at times and he definitely isn't captain and probably not even A material, but he wouldn't have to be.

Not really advocating getting Max Pacioretty either though. I just think he will pile up the goals on a team where he doesn't have that extra captain responsibility and all that pressure on his shoulders.
Delete

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I seriously doubt the rangers go into sell mode, they are currently sitting in a wild card spot and I have a hard time seeing them throw away a playoff run with Henrik getting up there in age. They are going to try and get him a cup. More likely to be buyers than sellers.

I imagine if they are looking to move mcdonagh, they will want another defender in return who can impact their season right now.

Mcdonagh talks with boston would likely start with Krug and probably include one of spooner/chelarik/vatrano and potentially a 2nd round draft pick.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
My offer for McDonagh in the trade board was 3 prospects not in the nhl currently and the 1st. Top prospects, not steen and Hughes and players like that. Zboril, frederic, jfk, donato, bjork, senyshyn, lauzon, vaakananien, studnicka, etc. see how many top prospects we have not even counting mcavoy debrusk and heinen. We can afford to peel some off if it means getting a top pair dman

mcdonagh has enough offensive skill I could see him partner with mcavoy... be the top pp duo... he has decent size even though he doesn't play especially rough hockey... but he gets the job done

I think if we bring in someone with this type of pricetag {especially to resign} then it sort of makes sense to send krug and his caphit out

if rangers ate half of nash contract he might make sense too since krejci has a good history of playing well with these bigger wingers.

krug, and debrusk and a second rounder {conditional on mcdonagh resigning}
for
mcdonagh and nash {1/2} retained

would rangers want krug with shattenkirk or does that overload them with dmen that cant play defense?

would suck to lose these guys but getting mcdonagh would really set us up nice for success on the blueline. chara drops to second pair and gives carlo better support. mcavoy gets a partner that can do it all. miller/grezlyk are more than acceptable as a 3rd pair

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I wouldn't give chiarelli or the oilers SH*T

Least of all a guy like Cehlarik.

If another team wants to overpay for OUR awesome draft picks, go for it. If I'm Sweeney i cut some fat and move forward.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I missed something.
Why would the Rangers trade a 28 years old d-man that is pretty good and signed to a nice contract through next year?

Depends on what direction they see themselves heading.

Who seen them moving their arguably best center at last years draft for Top 10 pick?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I still think Rick Nash has 25-30 goals in him on another team. Krejci would be a damn good center for him.

But yeah... he makes a ton of money.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I still think Rick Nash has 25-30 goals in him on another team. Krejci would be a damn good center for him.

But yeah... he makes a ton of money.

UFA at the end of the year, and his 8.2 mill would be prorated. Given the 5.2 Dom said they have to spend, it all kind of works, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad