Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not so sure its Krejci changing but the speed of the game. It could go either two ways with Krejci with two big wingers. (1) They knock the **** out of little PMDs and own the puck in the offensive zone or (2) they never get to the puck because they are chasing the play.

It could go another way, well similar to (2)

They never get zone entry to even create offense in the opposing teams zone. Either due to lack of speed/skill, the get stopped at the offensive blue-line, or on a dump-in, the opposing teams D get to the puck and make a transitional play before the two big wingers even get there. Lucic-Krejci-Iginla vs. the Habs in 2014 was a prime example. Countless times they were stopped at the offensive blue-line.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
As a long-time lurker here, I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone call a trade before it happened. I agree with the person who said only the GMS know and they're not saying.

I remember when the Legendary Kevin Paul Dupont posted here and even he had no inside info, or, if he did, was not willing to offer it up here. I have to laugh when one posters asks another "what are you hearing". Ummm, guess what? The same as all of us.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I was just cruising the main board, saw a few posters discussing the McDonagh to Bruins and one poster specifically stated that Carlo+ Fredrick+ 1st is being discussed? That seems like a boatload. Man I hope they don't trade Carlo. RD is not a position of strength for us, unless they have something else in the hopper. I like Carlo and his ETC right now. He's playing top 4 minutes on the cheap. I'd rather not trade Fredrick either. Can we try Vaak+Celharik+1st? That's equivalent to 2-1st rounders and a 3rd rounder for McDonagh, pretty good value.

Reactions: TCB

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
As a long-time lurker here, I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone call a trade before it happened. I agree with the person who said only the GMS know and they're not saying.

I remember when the Legendary Kevin Paul Dupont posted here and even he had no inside info, or, if he did, was not willing to offer it up here. I have to laugh when one posters asks another "what are you hearing". Ummm, guess what? The same as all of us.

You would be wrong.
Very very wrong.

Do all trades come to fruition? Nope.
But there are people here that do in fact hear things from verifiable and may I add multiple sources.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

You can go back and check all the post if you like and you'll find where I called the Boychuk trade.:nod:

Reactions: TCB

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I was just cruising the main board, saw a few posters discussing the McDonagh to Bruins and one poster specifically stated that Carlo+ Fredrick+ 1st is being discussed? That seems like a boatload. Man I hope they don't trade Carlo. RD is not a position of strength for us, unless they have something else in the hopper. I like Carlo and his ETC right now. He's playing top 4 minutes on the cheap. I'd rather not trade Fredrick either. Can we try Vaak+Celharik+1st? That's equivalent to 2-1st rounders and a 3rd rounder for McDonagh, pretty good value.
Going to cost a lot more than that. I could see Frederic, Zboril or Vaak, and our 1st.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Sad day for HF Boards.
I don't follow Murphy closely, but I agree with this sentiment.
I consider questioning a persons career ethics almost as big a deal as questioning his religion. In this case, a decision has been made that could directly impact a persons ability to feed their family. I am a nobody with a nothing opinion but I don't like this.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Going to cost a lot more than that. I could see Frederic, Zboril or Vaak, and our 1st.

I wouldn't mind that.

I want no part of dealing Carlo to the Rangers. He solidify s are top 4 if we were to acquire Mcdonagh. It would be like taking a step forward but slipping in the mud and falling backwards.

With all the left-handed/side defensive prospects the Bruins have. Thats where they need to deal from.

I want McAvoy and Carlo on the right side for the next 8-10yrs!

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

Going off old rangers picks (not current property necessarily) and pretending mcdonagh is currently a Bruin. Would you move him for chytil, saarela, and a first? That’s essentially the deal you just proposed. Is it horrible? No. But it’s not quite an even trade. And to pry mcdonagh from the rangers the trade won’t be even. It’ll tip in their favor. So carlo would suck to lose and I’d much rather move jfk over frederic and I’d much rather move a combo of senyshyn or studnicka lauzon or UV or someone else before carlo but the rangers probably have the sights set on a guaranteed nhl top 4 (unlikely more than that let’s just throw that in) plus a middle 6 c prospect and a first over a bunch of maybes that are either over seas in junior or the minors. Despite the upside they possess. What the bruins get however is the best player in the deal either way. I’m all for getting the best player in a deal. Frederic could easily be Matt Fraser. The first could bust and now it’s a #1 for a at most #3 defenseman. Big time win potentially for Boston. Worst case frederic turns into a top 6 center and carlo becomes a 30+ point defensemen. But even still the bruins gain a #1-2 no matter what

Reactions: Fenian24

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Nash can play the right side.

Beleskey, Zboril, Vaak, Frederic, Bjork, 1st and 3rd for Nash and McDonagh, both retained.

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Krejci Nash
Heinen Spooner Backes
Nash Kuraly Acciari
Schaller

McDonagh McAvoy
Chara Carlo
Krug Miller
McQuaid

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Nash can play the right side.

Beleskey, Zboril, Vaak, Frederic, Bjork, 1st and 3rd for Nash and McDonagh, both retained.

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Krejci Nash
Heinen Spooner Backes
Nash Kuraly Acciari
Schaller

McDonagh McAvoy
Chara Carlo
Krug Miller
McQuaid

So three 1st rounder from 2015+2016+2017, another 1st in 2018, a young ELC F that showed can play in the middle 6 and a 3rd for a rental F and one more year of McDonaugh? Hard pass.

Reactions: Pia8988 and sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It gives the bruins a bonefide big time top pair for the next 6+ years though.

Provided he re-signs.

He's a tricky one as his numbers are better than his play --- if that makes any sense. So I can see him expecting (and maybe getting from someone) a nearly max deal, but I don't think he's worth that and I'd hope the Bruins don't either.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
So three 1st rounder from 2015+2016+2017, another 1st in 2018, a young ELC F that showed can play in the middle 6 and a 3rd for a rental F and one more year of McDonaugh? Hard pass.
Patrik Stefan was a former 1st overall. Who cares if it's 3 "former" 1st round picks. Are you telling me Senyshyn holds any value at all right now just because he was a 1st round pick? Not like any of those guys are blue chip prospects.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
No. It is not.

Mike, we've had this discussion before and I've tried to tell you gracefully to do some research before you speak about the cap. The problem as I see it is that X number of people have read your post, but only Y will see my reply and now those that didn't will take your information as gospel, when in fact it is totally incorrect.

So I am only going to speak to that that I've quoted. It literally took me 7 seconds to look it up. You can do that can't you Mike? Isn't all about posting facts?

So you have $3.4 million in cap space. But you think sending Vatrano and Posta to Providence brings it to $5 million?

FACT
Vatrano and Postma have been on the roster for 132 days apiece so far. Their respective cap hits of $562,419 and $514,516 to date do not disappear if they are sent to Providence today. That money is spent already. All they would save by sending both down today is $439,565 for the two of them (The remainder of their cap hit). So your $5 million is now $3,839,565

Then you say sending Bjork down would bring them up to $6 million.

FACT

Bjork has been on the roster for 74 days. His cap hit to date is $532,124. That again is money already spent, it does not disappear if he is sent to Providence. His savings would only be $268,548 (The remainder of his cap hit). So your $6 million is really $4.108,113. And it gets smaller, and smaller, to the tune of $12,463 per day that they are on the roster. ($162,019 until trade deadline day).

1.9 million dollars (more likely 2 million plus) does not seem like much does it? But when you are talking making a trade, it makes a heck of a lot of difference.

Again Mike, please take the few seconds and do the research. It is readily available if you take the time. If not, at least consider refraining from posting about the cap.

EDIT: BTW Mike, I've stopped talking about what the Bruins may be looking at based on conversations I've heard because of your many "right/wrong" posts and about how we are almost always wrong and the "percentages" and that the only "people that know anything are the GM's and they aren't telling anyone. So return the favor and stop talking cap will you?
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
in order to make this simple... we are trying to come up with a simplified cap number that people can understand what we can or cant afford. cap friendly does this for us. their 3.4 mill as you agreed is the number we can afford. its basically prorated.

now yes... vatrano and postma are already half paid... and so are the incoming guys. if vatrano and postma are paid 1.5 mill for the year then the new guy coming in can fit into that slot... 1.5 for the year. I'm trying to avoid prorating to keep this simple for people

if we had a prorated 3.4 mill slow... we now have a 5 mill prorated slot. I'm trying to keep this simple so everyone can understand

Bjork currently is a prorated number... his number is being figured into what is still owed... while he is on the cap his number is being removed day by day. we aren't accumulating his daily allowance. if he was removed we would begin to accumulate his daily allowance. we could multiply this number slightly. it would all add to the projected deadline day space

dom I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I thought you would like that I said you were as connected as McKenzie or dreger or anyone else. ive never once took a shot at you... when I say all insiders I mean all. I am willing to look at any single insiders track record and be proven wrong

ive gone out of my way several times to personally endorse you as one of my favorite posters and one of the most connected sources on the bruins ive ever seen. I own up to my own wrong posts almost every other day it seems. I'm not here on an ego trip trying to impress anyone. just here to have fun

sorry I ruined your cornflakes. ill try to avoid doing so in the future. its sad you have developed this feeling. if you think I'm trying to harm you I will leave it at this and say ive valued your participation here and make you a must read. I feel educated by you and entertained by you and I would easily put you in my top 3 favorite posters here

but honestly... we are saying the same thing about the cap and yet you want to try to make me look like an idiot by saying we aren't. I think you are just simply upset at me and want to take a shot at me. so fine. if my way of explaining it to the common man upsets you then fine. but we both agree that a guy with rick nash cap hit wont fit under the current amount of available cap and that's all I was trying to say. sorry

Reactions: BadBruins

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Postma

Wisniewski is playing this season in a German 2nd tier league, I'll take Postma as the 5th RD over him.

your probably right but tim Thomas wasn't playing in a strong league before we took a chance on him. I think our analysis of a player needs to go deeper than where hes playing. I don't really see the need to bring in another right hand shot that isn't a sure thing though

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
My 2 cents because I can't help myself this time of year...

- If Bs make a play for Maroon, it will be for bottom 6. Adds size and toughness which we lack a bit as a forward group. His ability to score is bonus. Would not cost the team much.

- McDonagh is a game changer. Top 2 dman that can eat minutes. Chara isn't getting younger and our other top dmen are still kids. McDonagh would not only make a significant impact on the team (and address a need), but can serve as the bridge from Chara to McAvoy (plus Zboril next year). Price is always the factor -- Dupes tweeted Carlo, Frederic and 1st could do it. Would rather not lose Carlo (would but McDonagh with him in the top 4) but I would pull the trigger on that....

- Still need a forward with Krejci. Love the idea of either Nash or Grabner.

We are loaded with prospects. Trading some to get key pieces is more than reasonable - remember, Rask, Bergeron, Krejci, Chara aren't getting any younger.....

And Dom - do tell what you are hearing....

V

If you, or anyone for that matter, thinks teading Carlo for McD makes this team better, you need to actually think.

We have ONE RHD capable of playing in our top 4 given that Carlo is traded. After that we have Miller and Quaider. If we trade Carlo for McD we now have 2 RHD in our line up at a time instead of 3. If Mc goes down (god forbid) do you trust Miller or Quad in our top 4 or do you roll 4 LDH?

I'm not against aquiring McD, but not at the cost of a current top 4 RHD. Trade futures, that's what they want/need.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Patrik Stefan was a former 1st overall. Who cares if it's 3 "former" 1st round picks. Are you telling me Senyshyn holds any value at all right now just because he was a 1st round pick? Not like any of those guys are blue chip prospects.

He has value to me and wouldn't sell low on him.

Zboril, Frederic and UV may not be blue chip prospects to you but they will have a long career in the NHL IMO and wouldn't give that away for Nash, who is a rental, and 1 more year of McDonagh.

Want to give that much talent like you are proposing, Bruins better get a return that will benefit them for years.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
It gives the bruins a bonefide big time top pair for the next 6+ years though.

Yes that it would.

The one problem is if the Bruins are to make a deal for McDonagh its to better their chances at winning a cup this yr and this is very arguable it in deed would do this. You diffidently have weaken the right-side of the top 4 and what top 4 looks better.

Carlo-Krug
Chara-McAvoy

or

Miller-McDonagh
McAvoy-Chara

Its a tough sell especially when the Bruins are adding a first and Frederic. Now any defensive prospect I'd do. Along with Frederic and the 1st but putting Carlo in a deal when the Bruins are this close to a Cup just doesn't make sense and there's no-way Sweeney would make such a move. No-Way!

I like:
Chara-Carlo
McAvoy-McDonagh :thumbu:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Yes that it would.

The one problem is if the Bruins are to make a deal for McDonagh its to better their chances at winning a cup this yr and this is very arguable it in deed would do this. You diffidently have weaken the right-side of the top 4 and what top 4 looks better.

Carl-Krug
Chara-McAvoy

or

Miller-McDonagh
McAvoy-Chara

Its a tough sell especially when the Bruins are adding a first and Frederic. Now any defensive prospect I'd do. Along with Frederic and the 1st but putting Carlo in a deal when the Bruins are this close to a Cup just doesn't make sense and there's no-way Sweeney would make such a move. No-Way!

I think you could make the argument that between Miller and mcquaid, there is very little difference, perhaps even improvement from them over carlo this year/short term. Carlo has sneaky been our worst regular defenseman. He provides no offense and he makes too many mistakes for a guy who provides no offense. Miller and mcquaid provide no offense and don’t make mistakes. Carlos a better skater and has more value than those 2 long term but this year, hands down swapping mcdonagh for carlo is a win for Bostonz

Reactions: Bridges31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad