Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Too bad we don't deal with the Smurfs. They have two nice pieces that I think would fit in excellent with our core.
1) Gallagher
2) Galchenyuk
Both can play RW and Galchenyuk can play Center. His value has bottomed out where as Gallagher would cost a lost. Gallagher playing with Krejci and Debrusk would be a great fit!

I hope we make some quality additions, not just depth as every team around us will be getting better, no question about that. But, if we do nothing, or next to nothing, the one thing I hope we can accomplish is trading Beleskey. It's like a dark cloud that looms over us and I want to go into the off season with his cap freed up so we can give it to someone else internally or externally. I'm tired of buyouts, throw a pick or a prospect with him and get him outta here.
Might be able to find a middle man... similar to Philadelphia to Tampa Bay to Pittsburgh. I mean it's not common, but not impossible either.

That said, Gallagher would likely be a target. Can't imagine teams would like having to deal with Marchand and Gallagher line after line.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
His best goal scoring year was 11g before he got put on Mcdavid's wing. Then he suddenly pops 27 with the best player in the world setting him up. I have no interest at all. The only LW spot he might upgrade is the 4th line, trading for a 4th line winger is a suck bag move.

I don't disagree with you. I'm not interested in him either and feel he's 100% a product of McDavid, but i don't agree that he's a "suck bag". Also, in Anaheim, he had a few seasons where he was just under 0.50 PPG pace. That's not 4th line production. He's a 3rd liner who, if needed, can slide up. That said, there's no room for him on the 3rd line.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Nope. He doesn't suck, but keep telling yourself that.

Sorry my definition of suck differs from guys already rostered to guys on other rosters. It's hypocritical I know. But for instance Schaller as a bruins is not suck, if we were trading for schaller as an acquisition I'd say he sucks.

It's bad logic but that's basically my angle.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
My 2 cents because I can't help myself this time of year...

- If Bs make a play for Maroon, it will be for bottom 6. Adds size and toughness which we lack a bit as a forward group. His ability to score is bonus. Would not cost the team much.

- McDonagh is a game changer. Top 2 dman that can eat minutes. Chara isn't getting younger and our other top dmen are still kids. McDonagh would not only make a significant impact on the team (and address a need), but can serve as the bridge from Chara to McAvoy (plus Zboril next year). Price is always the factor -- Dupes tweeted Carlo, Frederic and 1st could do it. Would rather not lose Carlo (would but McDonagh with him in the top 4) but I would pull the trigger on that....

- Still need a forward with Krejci. Love the idea of either Nash or Grabner.

We are loaded with prospects. Trading some to get key pieces is more than reasonable - remember, Rask, Bergeron, Krejci, Chara aren't getting any younger.....

And Dom - do tell what you are hearing....

V
Size and toughness might arguably be "lacking" (what do we have Backes and McQuaid for?) on this roster, but that doesn't mean it's a need.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I don’t consider $6m per for three years after this one to be cost controlled, considering what you are getting from RNH.

The B’s aren’t spending $6m on a 3rd line C when Spooner, Kuraly, and Vatrabo are RFA’s and Z, Nash, and Schaller are UFA’s.
6 mil for a 24 year old proven 50 point 2 way center is a solid contract which could look very good before it is over. There is a reason he is a valuable commodity even at 6 mil, and seems almost impossible to become immovable with that contract. He could easily play in the top 6 as a winger or supplanting Krejci, he wouldn't necessarily be long term a 3rd line C, but would seamlessly fit in on the third line and IMO it would immediately be our 2nd with the Krejci line becoming our 3rd. To me it is the sort of deal that buys us depth, doesn't make it impossible for prospects to move onto the lineup over the next couple of years, and is a low stakes commitment. It would take a heavy load of picks and prospects, but again its possible we could trade him for a similar package in a couple of years when we have young centers pushing the older ones off the team.

To me this sort of trade makes more sense than someone like Mcdonough who would ensure no D prospects have a chance to break in for a couple of years while giving us an extremely pricey LD. Or someone like Nash who would keep one of our young wingers out of the lineup and keep them from getting the playoff experience they have earned. A solid middle six center that could play wing if necessary would IMO put us more over the top than any other move with the smallest potential future penalty. I really don't want to see the Nash we have as a top 6 center in the playoffs.

Reactions: HustleB

Root

Feb 22, 2010
If Maroon was a right handed shot I'd want the Bruins to acquire him. But given that he is not, and as far as I can tell does not play his off wing, I think the B's should look elsewhere. The guy has obviously benefitted from playing on McDavids wing. However, you can also argue that the Oilers saw something in him and were correct that he can be a valuable complimentary piece on a skilled line. I know looking up players stats on HockeyDB is far from everything, but the guy has produced at every level he's played at.

If we do end up acquiring him the only option I see is moving Heinen to Krejci's right, putting Maroon on Krejci's left and switching Debrusk back to the third line with Nash and Backes. I don't think we need to shake things up like that right now.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I don't think the debate needs to be whether he "sucks" or not. Is he a top 6 NHL player regardless of linemates? I think his career before riding shotgun with McDavid says 'absolutely not'. So, if you are adding him you're probably adding a guy who plays bottom 6 for you and adds some size and toughness. Then the debate becomes whether that's a worthwhile add. I don't think he's better than DeBrusk, Heinen, Spooner or Backes.

To me, Maroon is the kind of guy whom you might throw a mid-round pick at minutes before the deadline because all decent trades have fizzled out and you want to show you have a pulse. He becomes an option for 4th line LW and in the event a kid fizzles or gets hurt. He's Plan F. I'm sure we will probably see a Plan F trade here, so it makes sense to be discussing it, but it's hardly something to be excited about. It's barely Drew Stafford level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
It doesn't make sense at all to deal Carlo + for McDonagh IMO. I honestly think you could make a case that Carlo at $790k (ELC) for the next 1.5 years is one of the most valuable assets in the organization. Specifically with this team being so top heavy in contracts and weak on RHD. He still has several years of control after that. McDonagh is hugely valuable himself, but show me another team that's giving up a proven top-4 NHL defeneman on an ELC +++.

v1821

Feb 23, 2005
Boston, MA
Size and toughness might arguably be "lacking" (what do we have Backes and McQuaid for?) on this roster, but that doesn't mean it's a need.

Our D is plenty tough with Chara, McQuaid and Miller back there. At forwards, it's arguably Backes and Acciari that are physical - that's it. We need size up front that can take the body and grind down opposing D - - critical in the playoffs. Maroon can provide that and some scoring. I am "for" getting him as a bottom 6 guy --- not in lieu of a scorer for the Krejci line.

V

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Our D is plenty tough with Chara, McQuaid and Miller back there. At forwards, it's arguably Backes and Acciari that are physical - that's it. We need size up front that can take the body and grind down opposing D - - critical in the playoffs. Maroon can provide that and some scoring. I am "for" getting him as a bottom 6 guy --- not in lieu of a scorer for the Krejci line.

V

Where are you putting Maroon to fit him in the bottom 6?

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
It doesn't make sense at all to deal Carlo + for McDonagh IMO. I honestly think you could make a case that Carlo at $790k (ELC) for the next 1.5 years is one of the most valuable assets in the organization. Specifically with this team being so top heavy in contracts and weak on RHD. He still has several years of control after that. McDonagh is hugely valuable himself, but show me another team that's giving up a proven top-4 NHL defeneman on an ELC +++.

Agreed. I don't want to lose Carlo nor his very cap friendly contract. Hopefully we can give up another prospect instead in a trade for McDonagh. He's really a great choice for the Bruins if available for reasonable price. As others have mentioned he bridges that gap from Chara to the next generation of Bruins defenders.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Wow, two whole tough players on the roster, one who had major surgery this year. Size and toughness are all they need up front, they have enough skill and speed. I would target Maroon, Kassian, Jenner and Max McCormick. The need for a RW with Krejci is still there but I wouldn't even look at Vanek, Vrbata or Kane. Nash is a maybe with me, if all he costs you is Senyshyn and a second I would do it but I'm sure the Rangers want more. I would like defensive depth, a big deal may not be needed but I want a solid veteran in case Carlo or Grzclyk struggle in the playoffs and injuries are always a concern.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017

V

Scoring is more important than grinding teams down, which the Bruins don't really do much of right now. Look at a guy like Heinen. Not huge. Not "tough" but he wins board battles by being smart. We don't *need* a guy like Maroon, whose best asset is his size. It's trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Wow, two whole tough players on the roster, one who had major surgery this year. Size and toughness are all they need up front, they have enough skill and speed. I would target Maroon, Kassian, Jenner and Max McCormick. The need for a RW with Krejci is still there but I wouldn't even look at Vanek, Vrbata or Kane. Nash is a maybe with me, if all he costs you is Senyshyn and a second I would do it but I'm sure the Rangers want more. I would like defensive depth, a big deal may not be needed but I want a solid veteran in case Carlo or Grzclyk struggle in the playoffs and injuries are always a concern.

Thank the Lord you aren't the GM...Giving up Senyshyn + 2nd for rental? Woof.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Somehow they've managed to be incredibly successful with only two big, tough guys. Huh.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

What is this fascination with Max McCormick? I've seen you advocate for the Bruins to acquire him before.

Can't crack the Senators roster, 12 NHL games in the past two seasons, yet somehow you think he'd have a place on the Bruins?

Let me guess, he throws punches.

Maybe the Bruins can get lucky and convince the Sens to include Tyler Randell in the deal as well.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere

V

Boy have times changed when a team has a 4th line, each over 200lbs, and they need "size".

v1821

Feb 23, 2005
Boston, MA
Scoring is more important than grinding teams down, which the Bruins don't really do much of right now. Look at a guy like Heinen. Not huge. Not "tough" but he wins board battles by being smart. We don't *need* a guy like Maroon, whose best asset is his size. It's trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

You need both scoring and the ability to grind teams down in the playoffs. To be clear, I am not jumping up and down clamoring for Maroon --- merely saying that if the Bruins do get him, he should be considered bottom 6 --- not a scoring wing for Krejci.

V

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What is this fascination with Max McCormick? I've seen you advocate for the Bruins to acquire him before.

Can't crack the Senators roster, 12 NHL games in the past two seasons, yet somehow you think he'd have a place on the Bruins?

Let me guess, he throws punches.

Maybe the Bruins can get lucky and convince the Sens to include Tyler Randell in the deal as well.

He throws punches lol......He's bascially Acciari + fighting. He's not a guy I'm trading anything of value for. While I'd actually take a McCormick in the system, he's someone you sign in the dog days of August for depth on a 2-way contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad