Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
During the summer i posted that the bruins did not have elite type prospects at forwards position .that they didnt have a Clayton Keller type of prospect.
Keller 9gp 6g 4ass ...he has been awesome so far..( a little self flattery here is ok i suppose)..Here is an ex of a kid i just had seen a handful of times and felt this guy could be a nhl star.

I would not flatter yourself - anyone could pick Keller
My dog could pick Keller

Picking Pastrnak 25 like I called at a draft party with 5-6 regular HF folks as witnesses

If I wasn't so humble I'd take a f***ing bow since I said it before the draft started

Keller - patting self on back ? Come on

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
During the summer i posted that the bruins did not have elite type prospects at forwards position .that they didnt have a Clayton Keller type of prospect.
Keller 9gp 6g 4ass ...he has been awesome so far..( a little self flattery here is ok i suppose)..Here is an ex of a kid i just had seen a handful of times and felt this guy could be a nhl star.
Mathews went 7 picks before Keller, McAvoy went 7 picks after.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

You should change your username to Nostradamus...

:laugh:

As others have said, it’s not like you went out on a limb with Keller. Anybody who watched him play at the WJC’s or for BU knew this kid would be special. There were some that were surprised he lasted until 7.

Every team is not going to have the luxury of picking in the Top 5-10 five years running until they get a Crosby, Malkin, McDavid, Matthews type prospect. Most teams have to hope they hit on later first round picks or even further back to build their teams. I think STL has done a good job with this, and DET in the past. Only time will tell with the B’s, but it appears they have a nice group to try to pull a couple of stars out of.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

You and everyone else that watched Keller knew he was going to be a good player.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
My dog could pick Keller

Picking Pastrnak 25 like I called at a draft party with 5-6 regular HF folks as witnesses

If I wasn't so humble I'd take a ****ing bow since I said it before the draft started

Well actually if u did say it during the draft... good. So u think its so easy that anyone including your dog could call it. Umm ok ...matthews and Laine we know all about these 2....which means according to you that the players chosen atbtge 3,4 5 and 6 position in the 2016 draft (ahead of Keller) were also bona fide stars. With more potential then Keller...right??
If indeed they are then you and your dog must of called it too but if they are not for ex...say pierre luc dubois or mattgew t
My dog could pick Keller

If I wasn't so humble I'd take a ****ing bow since I said it before the draft started

Ok so since it so evident that you and your dog can call it then using your line of reasoning :put matthews and Laine aside ..the players chosen at number 3,4,5 and 6 are all going to be superstars better then Keller...right? Since it is so obvious that a 7th overall pick in this case Keller is going to be a star then it follows that the ones below him will be superstars as well..no?
If you disagree with this and I know you will then it stands to reason that say pierre luc dubois and say matthew tkachuk do not mount to the status that Keller one day may become, we can conclude that the calgary flames and columbus blue jackets should hire you and your dog immediately as part of their scouting staff.

It was that evident ..sure after the fact
Give me a ....ing break..

Last edited:

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You should change your username to Nostradamus...

:laugh:

As others have said, it’s not like you went out on a limb with Keller. Anybody who watched him play at the WJC’s or for BU knew this kid would be special. There were some that were surprised he lasted until 7.

Every team is not going to have the luxury of picking in the Top 5-10 five years running until they get a Crosby, Malkin, McDavid, Matthews type prospect. Most teams have to hope they hit on later first round picks or even further back to build their teams. I think STL has done a good job with this, and DET in the past. Only time will tell with the B’s, but it appears they have a nice group to try to pull a couple of stars out of.
The boston bruins
Kind of hard to get these kind of prospects unless you are drafting top 10 or you get really lucky.
True it is harder however lets look at the bruins ... Bergeron krejci chara marchand pastrnak ... None were chosen in top 24 let alone top ten. True none of these are Matthews or Crosbies but still some pretty great nhlers

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Well actually if u did say it during the draft... good. So u think its so easy that anyone including your dog could call it. Umm ok ...matthews and Laine we know all about these 2....which means according to you that the players chosen atbtge 3,4 5 and 6 position in the 2016 draft (ahead of Keller) were also bona fide stars. With more potential then Keller...right??
If indeed they are then you and your dog must of called it too but if they are not for ex...say pierre luc dubois or mattgew t

Ok so since it so evident that you and your dog can call it then using your line of reasoning :put matthews and Laine aside ..the players chosen at number 3,4,5 and 6 are all going to be superstars better then Keller...right? Since it is so obvious that a 7th overall pick in this case Keller is going to be a star then it follows that the ones below him will be superstars as well..no?
If you disagree with this and I know you will then it stands to reason that say pierre luc dubois and say matthew tkachuk do not mount to the status that Keller one day may become, we can conclude that the calgary flames and columbus blue jackets should hire you and your dog immediately as part of their scouting staff.

It was that evident ..sure after the fact
Give me a ....ing break..
Little sensitive there?

Bad reaction to your Captain Crunch?

Relax

How's this - you're awesome for realizing Keller would be good

If I gave myself a pat on the back every time I posted something correct they'd have have to make a sticky up top

Be humble that's all I'm saying

Reactions: Marcobruin

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The Boston Bruins

True it is harder however lets look at the bruins ... Bergeron krejci chara marchand pastrnak ... None were chosen in top 24 let alone top ten. True none of these are Matthews or Crosbies but still some pretty great nhlers

Not sure what the bolded means? That you like the Boston Bruins? That you lost your train of thought?

Anyway, back to your original post, and Clayton Keller as an “ex of a kid that I just had seen a handful of times and felt that this guy could be a NHL star”...

That is great, but why is it in the Bruin’s prospect thread? The B’s didn’t pick in the Top 7 (or even 10) and had no shot at Keller. If he had been there at 14, given the way they have scouted the US Dev Program, I am sure they would have taken him.

Once again, not sure what this has to do with anything, other than you telling us you thought Keller could be a star? Is there anyone available at 14, when the B’s picked, that you thought could be a star?

Reactions: mikelvl

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Not sure what the bolded means? That you like the Boston Bruins? That you lost your train of thought?

Anyway, back to your original post, and Clayton Keller as an “ex of a kid that I just had seen a handful of times and felt that this guy could be a NHL star”...

That is great, but why is it in the Bruin’s prospect thread? The B’s didn’t pick in the Top 7 (or even 10) and had no shot at Keller. If he had been there at 14, given the way they have scouted the US Dev Program, I am sure they would have taken him.

Once again, not sure what this has to do with anything, other than you telling us you thought Keller could be a star? Is there anyone available at 14, when the B’s picked, that you thought could be a star?
I was saying that the bruins didnt have imo an elite prospect at the forward position like a Keller thats all not neccssarily referring to the fact that they didnt have a chance at him however since you mentioned it .We do not necessarily need to draft high to get an elite forward....case in point: Marchand

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I was saying that the bruins didnt have imo an elite prospect at the forward position like a Keller thats all not neccssarily referring to the fact that they didnt have a chance at him however since yoy mentioned it .We do not necessarily need to draft high to get an elite forward....case in point: Marchand

Gotcha.

Except, given your point, how do we know that the B’s don’t have an Elite F Prospect? Marchand was good in the Q, but not the best prospect. Donato was a Hobey Baker candidate. Frederic was a point per game guy as a freshman. Studnicka is putting up a bunch of points in the OHL. I agree that the B’s don’t have a “no-brainer” prospect like Keller, but they have a number of kids who could become an elite F.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

Not sure how that bold got there .i post from my android and at times things get scrambled when i reply to a poster

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was saying that the bruins didnt have imo an elite prospect at the forward position like a Keller thats all not neccssarily referring to the fact that they didnt have a chance at him however since yoy mentioned it .We do not necessarily need to draft high to get an elite forward....case in point: Marchand
I have to be honest about my pick of Pastrnak prior to the draft. I had known that Sweeney twice went for week long trip overseas to specifically watch Pastrnak. They wanted to be certain he was the guy as he had missed a big prospect tourney that year in the US with a shoulder injury. I think its the one in Lake Placid but he had missed prime scouting time there- and maybe the Ivan Hlinka, but whatever he was under the radar. There was not a lot of information on him as others- and I know the Boston based scouts over there were all over him so kudos to them.

When you watch Behind the B, Pastrank is featured in a board room gathering as their guy, and a cutaway at on the draft floor where justr Sweeney and Chiarelli are standing and Peter asks Don if they should move up to secure Pastrank and Sweeney calmly tells him not to worry.

So, before I'm outed:laugh: by people who were at our little draft party on my great call as getting that information- it came from someone who told me what was going on.

Anyways, good call on Keller, he's really a heck of a prospect- I am a bit surprised he's picked it up this quick.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Gotcha.

Except, given your point, how do we know that the B’s don’t have an Elite F Prospect? Marchand was good in the Q, but not the best prospect. Donato was a Hobey Baker candidate. Frederic was a point per game guy as a freshman. Studnicka is putting up a bunch of points in the OHL. I agree that the B’s don’t have a “no-brainer” prospect like Keller, but they have a number of kids who could become an elite F.
You are right we dont really know however jeff gorton did know when he drafted Brad ..he referred to him as the "sleeper" of the draft. Personally i dont think the bruins have an elite prospect at forward position.I was very excited about Senyshyn but getting a closer look at him atvtge NHL level didnt impress me. I know way too early however from what ive seen from him ...i was dissapointed and i am not convinced that some of these elements are corrigible

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You are right we dont really know however jeff gorton did know when he drafted Brad ..he referred to him as the "sleeper" of the draft. Personally i dont think the bruins have an elite prospect at forward position.I was very excited about Senyshyn but getting a closer look at him atvtge NHL level didnt impress me. I know way too early however from what ive seen from him ...i was dissapointed and i am not convinced that some of these elements are corrigible

Marchand was a very skilled prospect. He was also traded several times while he was in the Q. I’m sure there were reasons for that and probably why he fell to the 3rd round.

If Gorton knew how good Marchand was, he probably should have not taken the chance and drafted him earlier. Maybe at 37 instead of Alexandrov? :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gotcha.

I am not sure about elite but we got a few guys are going to be very good NHL players

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Marchand was a very skilled prospect. He was also traded several times while he was in the Q. I’m sure there were reasons for that and probably why he fell to the 3rd round.

If Gorton knew how good Marchand was, he probably should have not taken the chance and drafted him earlier. Maybe at 37 instead of Alexandrov? :laugh:
Bradley wanted Lucic at 37 and Gorton and Dore overruled him

They had a later pick from the Samsoov trade they eventually got Lucic

The Canucks I don't believe had a second or couldn't move up to get Lucic but they tried and rumor is even contacted Boston about the pick

It left a mark though and when push came to shove after Chiarelli had a year to figure out Gorton and Dore were out

This was told to me by a person with knowledge not read anywhere

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

Good point... Probably because he felt alexandrov had good talent and would go before Brad.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Niagara Ice dogs vs Studnicka tonight. Looking forward to seeing his development.

Assist and beauty OT shootout goal. Nothing flashy from Studnicka played smart efficient game.

Ice dogs fast team and will be very good next year. I want the bruins to pick up one Philip Tomasino from Ice Dogs. 16 year old and best player on ice.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like the 2014 draft could be epic

Pastrnak
Heinen
Bjork

Donato will join them and Johansson has a chance as well

No third or sixth even and they got this

Kudos to the entire scouting department for that group

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
NHL agent causes stir with tweet about Galchenyuk and Julien
Sportsnet.ca
“Alex Galchenyuk isn’t a problem but coach is. Has never successfully coached Russian. Took midseason most-Russian club. All but one Russian gone,” said Milstein on Twitter.

Milstein was referring to the Canadiens summer departures of Alexei Emelin (to Vegas Golden Knights in the expansion draft), Mikhail Sergachev (via trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning), and Alex Radulov and Andrei Markov (via free agency).

Meanwhile in Russia Koko update. 18 points plus 8
2017-18Moscow SpartakKHL22612188
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Not sure what the Koko reference is supposed to establish. 18 points in 22 KHL games? Take a look at Spartak's team stats. Ryan Stoa is ahead of Koko in points. Go back and take a look at Stoa's career in North America. I mean Dan Sexton is a PPG guy in the K. Koko went to SP SKA last year to great fanfare and proceeded to get scratched for over half the games while his coach complained about his defensive effort. Claude had his issues but he was right about Koko at the time. I hope the kid gets it now and can come back to NA and be a productive player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad