Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Heard it was line rushes going to the net hard and he was pushed or stumbled into Rask, so one of the dee had a hand in it, wonder who?

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
BOSTON - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney has issued the following update on forward Ryan Spooner :
Ryan Spooner suffered a right groin adductor tear during the team's game at Vegas on October 15. The expected recovery time is approximately four to six weeks.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
BOSTON - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney has issued the following update on forward Ryan Spooner :
Ryan Spooner suffered a right groin adductor tear during the team's game at Vegas on October 15. The expected recovery time is approximately four to six weeks.
Get well Ryan...Quaider...and Tuukka. Yikes.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Well that's too bad. Sam Malone knows all about them groooin injuries.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Clearly there is but one solution.

New uniform, for practice and games:

CO82jDMWcAAA4z2.jpg

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Horrible injury riddled start this year.

Been around a while can't remember when it started this bad.

Still not terrible at 2-3 with Bergeron #1 center out, Backes 2nd liner out, Spooner 3rd line c out, Mcquaid 4-6 out, now Task out. Rough start.

Could be 1 and 4.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hey guys,

Any update on Rask?

Goalie Tuukka Rask will not play Thursday when the Bruins face the Vancouver Canucks at TD Garden.
Rask continues to undergo evaluation to determine the nature of his injury, which he sustained in practice Wednesday after being run over by left wing Anders Bjork.
“The doctors will look at him sometime this afternoon,” coach Bruce Cassidy said. “We should have an update later today. If not, worst case, tomorrow morning.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...rning-skate/Iu5jlRnvQ6y4Kqz1WAz6pJ/story.html

Reactions: BMC

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
There's a chance it's partly concussion-based. This was the only in-season practice I've ever been to, so I guess I'm bad luck. :help::help: I didn't get a complete look at the collision between Rask and Bjork, and I thought at first there was something lower-body, as Rask was being helped off the ice by two people. But as he got closer, he had his mask off, and looked a little dazed...so I guess the helpers could have been for balance. Bjork was a little bloodied in his locker room interview after practice, too...but not really injured too badly.

Of course, if it's a concussion, we'll get no timeline...as we shouldn't, and as the league mandates. He'll be ready when he's ready, and there's too much variation in concussion recovery rate to even put a timeline on it...not to mention that it's irresponsible to say "3 weeks" and pressure someone with concussion symptoms, and then 3 weeks comes and there's not full recovery (or worse, 90% recovery and they play anyway).

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
If it is a concussion don't fool around with it, however much time it takes for him to heal is however much time it takes for him to heal.

Anton Khudobin come on down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad