Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Heard on 98.5 that Bergeron didn't skate today - doubtful that he plays this weekend. Really sucks, especially considering the number of young players they're trying to work into the lineup. His presence on the ice and in the locker room is sorely missed. Get well soon please, Bergy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Heard on 98.5 that Bergeron didn't skate today - doubtful that he plays this weekend. Really sucks, especially considering the number of young players they're trying to work into the lineup. His presence on the ice and in the locker room is sorely missed. Get well soon please, Bergy.

won`t get the ink but I feel the same about Backes, I understand many here may not be terribly optimistic about his play last year and to a degree I get that, but you take a still solid vet out of the lineup, much like Bergy, it just forces Butch to put players in situations they just aren`t naturally comfortable with

Reactions: C0ach B0mbay

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
won`t get the ink but I feel the same about Backes, I understand many here may not be terribly optimistic about his play last year and to a degree I get that, but you take a still solid vet out of the lineup, much like Bergy, it just forces Butch to put players in situations they just aren`t naturally comfortable with

Great point. Backes really helped Kuraly's game last year in the playoffs (and this year in camp). These two vets are exactly the type of players we need to help the young guys along. Huge loss to be without them at this point in the season when we're at peak inexperience.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The original timeline for Backes’s recovery was 3-4 weeks, which would target a return at the start of November. The fact that he is working out is encouraging, although Cassidy said here for the first time that Backes could be facing surgery to remedy the oft-painful abdominal ailment.
“But that said,” noted Cassidy after acknowledging the potential for surgery, “I don’t want to get too far ahead of it.”
According to Dr. Ben Wedro, an emergency room physician and longtime contributor WebMD, the digital medical site, there are a number of surgical procedures possible for diverticulitis, depending on its severity. Recovery time, depending on the procedure, can be anywhere from a few weeks to an entire season.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...nst-coyotes/YczJ4WxYgVZF6hWWhE0kIP/story.html

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Yuck. It looks like what happens in Vegas will stay in Vegas. Not sure about the extent of Spooner's injury...but McQuaid did NOT look good after he got the Chiller puck to the knee.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
To be honest when I saw it happen I thought he got hit in a very sensitive place, not that the knee isn't a sensitive place but you know what I mean.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
■ Bergeron skated on his own every day on the three-city trip, including Sunday morning in Sin City. He has contended from the start that his disability is not related to his offseason hernia surgery. Yet, based on his skating, it does not look like he is dealing with a leg/knee/ankle issue. Which leads to one guess: core strength.

No word on McQuaid until Tuesday, but there were postgame murmurings around the dressing room of a possible fracture. If he’s out, look for Paul Postma to make his season debut at right D on Thursday.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...ns-faceoffs/1pHBhYDwi08bnim4fINKwO/story.html

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Backes is back, too - apparently full contact. (They didn't mention a red jersey, and the combo of video quality and my color-blindness makes it tough...)

It looks like they have 13F, including Bergeron, Backes, and the unsigned White? That seems...odd. I guess with no games until Thursday, maybe they recall one of the two who got sent to Providence? Is it message-sending to them? Bergeron might be close to ready, who knows. Maybe they bring Backes back until he gets his (probable) colonoscopy in November? Or he could be there just for conditioning/practice, and have no real shot at playing until November.

No Quaider at practice, either...not surprising. There's not much padding by the knee....

Reactions: sooshii and BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...GGuK/story.html?p1=Article_Recirculation_Pos1

Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask was knocked out of practice early Wednesday after Anders Bjork bowled him over during a line rush. Bjork was skating at full tilt when he was pushed into Rask. The netminder hit the deck and needed help skating off the ice while not wearing his mask.
Anton Khudobin finished the session as the lone goalie.
The Bruins host Vancouver Thursday night. If Rask is unavailable, the Bruins would recall Zane McIntyre from Providence to serve as Khudobin’s backup.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...GGuK/story.html?p1=Article_Recirculation_Pos1

Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask was knocked out of practice early Wednesday after Anders Bjork bowled him over during a line rush. Bjork was skating at full tilt when he was pushed into Rask. The netminder hit the deck and needed help skating off the ice while not wearing his mask.
The Bruins host Vancouver Thursday night. If Rask is unavailable, the Bruins would recall Zane McIntyre from Providence to serve as Khudobin’s backup.

Hopefully, it's nothing serious.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

same thing happened to Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->