Post-Game Talk: Bruins def. Canucks - 4-0 | We don’t talk about Bruin-O.

Nopefully

Nov 11, 2023
We played terribly but I wonder how the ice was. Seemed to bobble a lot of passes and plays that would usually be routine.

Reactions: Indiana

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
You have a misunderstanding

It sucks they discontinued the Oat fudge bars
No f***ing kidding hey?! I was floored when I found out. For like a decade it was the only thing I got there. Then I expanded to Fraps. I'm not a daily coffee dude.

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
Body language is important.

Petey screws up then hangs his head and droops his shoulders. Translation = oh poor me, why is life so hard.

Miller screws up and slams his stick on the boards.
Translation = #%*##%^ I need to do better

Not saying that’s what they were thinking but that’s what it looked like.
Everyone deals with adversity in different ways. Does lashing out mean you care more? You are approaching this as an extrovert.

Shoulders drooping may just mean he was upset with himself and his play at that time? Doesn't mean he isn't "tough". Smash smash

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Sounded very much like Tocchet was taking shots at Mikheyev again, albeit this time indirectly. Maybe Petey as well. Curious if you guys would assume the same from his presser.

Reactions: Play

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Sounded very much like Tocchet was taking shots at Mikheyev again, albeit this time indirectly. Maybe Petey as well. Curious if you guys would assume the same from his presser.
Seemed like he was calling out half the team, but in general he seemed upset with the top 6’s compete level and puck management and I can’t blame him.

Reactions: Indiana

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I think this was really the first "pressure" game of the season where we were not considered an underdog and the expectations were sky high. I never had the impression that the guys didn't give a damn. On the contrary, they may have cared too much and couldn't handle the pressure hype. Boston already had their "shit" game against Calgary and then righted their ship. And there were no lucky bounces for our guys tonight.

We're new at being one of the top dogs. As some other posters said, this can be a great learning experience for our guys - adversity.

A much better Boston team won the President's trophy last year and went out in the 1st round. Shit happens.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
This game illustrated why you don't want so many players going to the all star show. All of the players that went were not close to good and some looked off in la la land. Score, I don't think, was particulary indicative. Canucks were nothing like run our of the buildong but did make enough critical and often lazy mistakes to allow Boston to get the jump and then the Bruinsplayed shut down game. Showed how critical playing with the lead is, something the Canucks have done well this year

Garland - continued to be a buzz saw and set up people all game. Far and away the Canucks best player.

Joshua - only forward going to the body. Was one player trying to respond to the hard checking by the Bruins. Blueger also wasn't bad

Hronek - most solid in own end and best at moving the puck up ice.

Poor

Boeser - baggage. If Miller isn't going you can forget about Boeser.

Miller - one of his worst games. Got frustrated, egged on by Marchand, and lost much focus. Stopped playing at one point out of anger. Think he was sat a bit after that.

Demko - overall wasn't awful but he needed to make some critical saves and just didn't. Early goal against, and at other time,s did not show much concentration handling the puck.

Lafferty - not making himself a factor like he was early in the year. Not getting in on the forcheck and not moving the puck effectively. Play has not been trending well for a while and if Di Guiseppe was available might be replacing Lafferty. Like others have said, 4th line is spending too much time in their end.

Pettersson - pretty obviously the Canucks worse player. Just not ready to play in the early going and was tragic defensively. HIs mind is simply not in the right space. Getting whacked alot and another losing focus and spending too much time trying to retaliate.

Others

Lindholm - a ghost in this game. I rarely saw him in the play. -4 was ma ostly on Pettersson but Lindholm did nothing offensively.

Hughes - got better as the game went on but another who made critical errors and helped Boston get off to the lead. Play in his own zone, especially keeping inside position around his net, was frequently inadequate. Had real problems when he wasn't out with Hronek.

Hopefully this game gets our allstars sorted out and re-focused. I thought they lost this game rather than Boston winning it. (and Boston does amaze me since, on paper, they are simply not that good). Boston has a way of getting you off your game if you let them.

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
It's one game, but it obviously stings more since it's Boston. It's probably better that the team faces adversity rather than coasting into the playoffs. We'll see what management decides to do ahead of the deadline beyond Lindholm,

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Every post of yours is negative. where is the objective evaluations? lmao
Get outta here man the shtick is old and boring lol
Yeah am i out to lunch or did he show up with a bang right after the lindy trade?

The entire league acknowledges the canucks are a good team but somehow that narrative shifts for some posters when we have a bad game.
If that ruffles your feathers maybe watching a sports game isnt for you, go painting or listen to jazz or something where you cant lose.

I work on my design projects while listening to jazz with the game on

I am multicultural

Lol of all games to completwly miss due to schedule

Reactions: calnuck

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I work on my design projects while listening to jazz with the game on

I am multicultural

Lol of all games to completwly miss due to schedule
I cant work with any kind of distraction.
I think it helps me but really it doesnt.
Different for everyone I guess.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
1707452449947.gif

but glad i was at work and not watching

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Everyone deals with adversity in different ways. Does lashing out mean you care more? You are approaching this as an extrovert.

Shoulders drooping may just mean he was upset with himself and his play at that time? Doesn't mean he isn't "tough". Smash smash
Even if that were true it doesn’t account for the way they screw up. Miller typically makes a gaff when he’s trying but maybe thinking ahead too much.
Petey’s mistakes are usually through lack of hustle. And that’s consistent with how they respond.

Reactions: Play

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Every team lays an egg once and awhile, and it usually happens on the road.

But the crushing disappointment to me was that shorthanded goal coughed up on the first minute. You'd think after seeing their PP get burned so many times in the last few games, that at least they'd clamp down and get through the odd-man advantage unscathed.

But Demko handed the puck to nobody; and both Pettersson and Miller failed to cover the front of the net. The play was made worse by the fact it was Marchand who stuck the knife in.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
1 game, out of 82.

It's a nothingburger if they look decent over the next few games. Even Tocchet after the game wasn't too freaked out by the loss.

At this point in the season and a playoff spot pretty much guaranteed, I am not going to sweat a loss like this.

Think about it it if you were on a team in this position... If the opposing team came out all fired up like Boston was after getting embarrassed by Calgary, you are not going to "put it all on the line life or death" in a non-conference game that won't mean a ton in the final standings.

They came out hard and got control of the game. Done. If you get back into it, you get back into it. The focus is on games after 82 now.

1 game out of 82...as long as this doesn't become a trend you wash this game away and move on.

Reactions: PavelBure10

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
This is the game you pin on the wall and use for motivation. We got embarrassed and better to use it then forget about it. Sometimes you need to be humbled and we were tonight. Let's come right back out and use it now.

Reactions: PavelBure10

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I agree with everyone that has said this was a good game to humble the Canucks. It was a good learning experience indeed. Fall a sleep behind the wheel against the best team in the league the past 2 seasons and pay for it. Tochett definitely called his team out tonight, he seemed pissed and I'm glad. That was an absolute horrendous effort by the whole team. Take this loss as a learning curve and move on. The Canuck all stars really need to wake up, the slumps are becoming concerning. Time to practice hard and get rid of this non chelant bullshit on the powerplay. Next practice if I were Tochett, I'd be out there using a cattle prong lol.

Oh well, onto the next.

Good night

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Another tough game coming up in Detroit......and a morning game (Pacific time) to boot. Canucks will need to be far better than they were in Boston......the Wings are another team that plays with pace and puts a lot of pressure on the d-men with a hard forecheck.

Then on to Washington for another morning game on Sunday. I'd be happy with a split. It was always shaping up as a tough road-trip coming out of the all-star break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad